Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:19PM

(Forgot, I can’t post an image here.)

Apparently, Uchdorf has referred to us apostates as unruly children. Well, I am glad to finally know who I really am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 11:21PM by PapaKen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:21PM

PapaKen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 9.16.01 PM.jpeg

?????

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:32PM

It is a picture of four brains, going from dark to extremely bright:
1. Less active
2. Inactive
3. Apostate
4. Unruly child

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:35PM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/04/05/latest-sundays-lds/

All are his beloved children, the apostle said. “Even those who reject him. Even those who, like a headstrong, unruly child, become angry with God and his church, pack their bags, and storm out the door proclaiming that they’re running away and never coming back.”

The Savior, “tears of love and compassion in his eyes, awaits your return,” he said. “Even when you feel far away from God, he will see you.”

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 01:14AM

LDS description of the emotions and characteristics of Jesus when contemplating his "children":

[|]:
>The Savior, “tears of love and compassion in his
> eyes, awaits your return,” he said. “Even when
> you feel far away from God, he will see you.”

Note "love" and "compassion" being the feelings expressed by Jesus, which even Mormon leaders admit.

Of course, Mormons speak of "return" meaning to LDS Inc. when the Bible meaning is generally accepted to be referring to returning to belief in Jesus.

LDS characterization of people who choose to leave the Mormon Church, for a myriad of reasons, exercising the "free agency" of which the Mormon leaders speak so much:

[|]:
> "All are his beloved children", the apostle said.
> "Even those who reject him. Even those who, like
> a headstrong, unruly child, become angry with God
> and his church, pack their bags, and storm out the
> door proclaiming that they’re running away and
> never coming back.”

The LDS apostle depicts inactive or ex-Mormons as being headstrong, unruly, angry, wilful children throwing a tantrum, storming, proclaiming, running and exaggerating.

Hardly the compassionate view reflected in the Saviour's eyes to which LDS leaders give lip service.

No recogntion is apparent that people may actually have good reason to get the hell out of Dodge.

The yawning chasm between the compassion leaders acknowledge as emanating from Jesus and the disdain with which they think of, speak of and treat ex-members is obvious.

A little empathy can go a long way. The pale cold white inflexible marble Christus they have now adopted as the symbol for their church embodies the lack of welcome and warmth, friendship and truth all too often apparent within the Mormon empire.

With apologies to the creator of the statue - I'm not dissing his creation but rather the Mormon selection of it as representative of their church. Marble Man would uphold the view of an exmo as a recalcitrant child. (Even) Mormon Jesus would see the exxie as he or she is, would understand, and would display compassion as said ex rides off into the sunset, perhaps never to darken the door of any church again.

Free agency. It's a thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 01:18AM by Nightingale.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 01:19AM

Well said.

Mormonism once again reveals its true face.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 08:33AM

"The Savior, “tears of love and compassion in his eyes, awaits your return,” he said. “Even when you feel far away from God, he will see you.”"

I am not the most religious person here but....
People do need to be "seen" by God...they need spiritual help, enrichment, enlightenment...

Knowing that God is WATCHING but not helping...does not make me (nonmormon anyways..) and other ex Mormons feel any better.

Like someone else posted...God is either; incompetent, evil, or imaginary...

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 10:02AM

Mormon leaders are spinning this story about how the only way to god is through them. Well, how convenient for them. Its also just so arrogant. If I were still religious my response would be well I’m just fine over here with god thanks. But in their black and white thinking it does not compute that many other people in the world feel they also have a relationship with god. I hate these sugar coated talks that are so transparently manipulative and so obviously from the leader of a cult. On top of that is an astonishing lack of respect also for people who just don’t believe in any god, let alone theirs.

I saw a meme the other day that I loved: “Do what you need to in order to be happy. Let other people do what they need to do to be happy. The End”.
It’s kind of my philosophy of life. It should be no one else’s concern what I’m doing.

Mormons are busy bodies. One of my most distinctive impressions I had as a mormon was that everyone was measuring each other up, and too involved in other people’s business.

I feel really sorry for them. It’s no recipe for happiness.

Arrogant.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:59PM

“I would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for you meddling kids”

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:08AM

I continue to be unruly..just much slower now...and I am very proud of the hell I raised as an unruly teen...and young adult.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:31AM

That would make a good name for a rock band.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:34AM

Or a home for unwed fathers!

ETA: probably the same thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 12:35AM by elderolddog.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:58AM

You know what they say:

"The wilder the colt, the better the horse."

I might add, "provided he kicks the pen down."

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 01:36AM

It’s all the better that he’s not in the First Presidency as they fly their church into the twin towers of logic and reason.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 04:18AM

I'll bite him for that.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 10:14AM

I work hard at it. It got old being the good child in the family always.

I agree with Third of Five.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 10:19AM

When I’m older, if I still have to be dealing with all this s***, I’ve decided to pretend I have dementia, and give them all a hard time, whilst secretly laughing my pants off.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 10:52AM

"Well behaved women seldom make history"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.