Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 11:52AM

MoronicPriesthood, Inc has rolled out the new Logo.

A Lutheran Jesus.

Somehow it is missing "the sign of the nail, or "the nail in the sure place". Just nail holes in the hands and feet.

Not exactly correct if one pays attention in the Temple. Don't remember hearing much about it outside the Temple at all when I was in.

How do these "prophets, seers and revelators" miss this basic bit of Truth when rolling out a new Logo?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:22PM

In a large Catholic church near me they have all sorts of wood art the show the life of Christ. They do show nail marks in the hands and the wrists and the feet of the resurrected Christ. Maybe the art was done by a Mormon who converted to being a Catholic. I have also seen this in other forms of art in other Catholic churches across Canada and the USA. I like to visit churches and look at the art work plus the beautiful stain glassed windows.So the nail in the sure place is not just a Mormon (I know I swore!!) concept or teaching.
Of course Dusty Rusty would not get it correct. I find the new logo idol worship in the worst form. He has taken a beautiful piece of art from years ago and made it common place just like he has done with the temple. What made it a piece of art was it is special. Dusty Rusty and Painted Face (wendy) do not seem to appreciate great art.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 03:03PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In a large Catholic church...
> They do show nail marks in the hands and the
> wrists and the feet of the resurrected Christ.

One of the differences between Catholicism and Protestantism is that Catholics just about always display the suffering, bleeding Jesus on the cross but Protestants tend to go with just the cross.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 12:27PM

OneWayJay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somehow it is missing "the sign of the nail, or
> "the nail in the sure place". Just nail holes in
> the hands and feet.
>
> Not exactly correct if one pays attention in the
> Temple. Don't remember hearing much about it
> outside the Temple at all when I was in.

The true sign is sacred. Not for "the world." Lutheran Jesus is the sign, a mere token. The sure sign of Jesus is American Jesus who has the sure sign of the nail in his wrists and a headdress of Quetzalcoatl.

"The Mormons Believe He Was Jesus
Well, not all of them, but some do. The Church of Latter Day Saints, better known as the Mormons, teaches that Jesus Christ walked the Earth after his resurrection, spreading the word of Christianity to all corners of the globe. Some Mormons believe that Quetzalcoatl, who was associated with the east, (which in turn was represented by the color white to the Aztecs), was white-skinned. Quetzalcoatl stands out from the Mesoamerican pantheon as being relatively less bloodthirsty than others like Huitzilopochtli or Tezcatlipoca, making him as good a candidate as any for Jesus visiting the New World."
https://www.thoughtco.com/facts-about-quetzalcoatl-2136322

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 03:10PM

I was going to make a joke about the inaccuracy being not the placement of the scars but the fact that the new logo shows Jesus as white.

Then I read your post and remembered that Mormons actually think he was white!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 04:01PM

Imaginary characters can be any color you want them to be.

Date: April 10, 2020 09:43PM

Rule 34

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 11:21PM

Rule 34 states that you may post while nude. You are thinking of rule 37.

Date: April 12, 2020 05:23PM

I guess I was doctrinally incorrect in my post?

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 03:44PM

The Logo is stupid. They think that placing an image of Jesus (Scandinavian Jesus) in their logo will make them appear more Christian. Like "the people who say we are not Christian will see that we are truly Christian enough to put an image of Christ in our logo!".

The do not understand that the rest of the world sees them as a cult. Much like they veiw the Scientologists. Putting an image of Jesus in the logo won't change that.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 04:07PM

I’m curious as to why the followers all have to wear weird underwear and the apparently fearless leader gets by without funny underwear and a toga?

Date: April 13, 2020 02:52PM

Gods will not be marked or have to wear underwear. They shit rainbows and butterflies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.