Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 11:56AM

Obviously, the Mormon leaders didn’t see the virus coming. They got caught with their pants down having to charter jets to bring missionaries home. The first COVID death in Utah was an unfortunate man whose last public outing was to the Bountiful Temple, and Nelson’s special surprise for the 200th Anniversary of the First Vision was a limp hosanna shout to an almost empty theater for a solemn assembly. And, it appears, priesthood members are conducting their own sacrament meetings at home.

So, what to do to rally the faithful and try to recapture the image that the church leaders have power and authority? Call a world-wide fast. Try to re-capture non-existent authority by pretending other churches and organizations around the world are joining in following the Mormon leaders... more smoke and mirrors to try to convince the faithful that their leaders matter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 12:16PM

This fast is Mormons, once again, finding a way to take credit for the powerful and selfless work of the doctors, nurses, healthcare providers, and scientists on the front lines.

If hear one more Mormon praying for God to guide the hands of a skilled surgeon who went through extensive medical training and has untold hours experience, I don't know how I will hold it in.

The Gerontocracy are preaching to the choir though--like my mother who will claim the fast works but I can she ain't so sure deep down.

I would say science has left religion in the dust and the term Intelligent Design is a sign of that. Religion has no choice but to try to sidle up to science. However, the opposite? I don't see science having a need to incorporate a sky daddy into their work. The exploration of fact is enough to keep them busy and no need to put a spin on it. Only a handful of the few religious scientists seem to even acknowledge the I.D. thingy.

Date: April 11, 2020 01:06PM

I fully agree that the medical teams, researchers, and first responders (along with everyone else on the front-lines) are going to be making the difference.

But, Leave it to a cult to exploit tragedy for its own gain or image. Stay strong and healthy D&D!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 12:30PM

They are trying so hard to act like they are participating in some way. It's laughable.

They are irrelevant and impotent when there needs to be actual data and results.

It's so convenient to pull the God card to act like they are doing something important. Really, it's all they have-- well, except for money which they won't use to solve the things they pretend to care about.

Date: April 11, 2020 01:08PM

Deus et machina, Mormon-style.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 12:31PM

There's an empty charter plane that left today. Heading to America Samoa, Next day to Tahiti. Next day,to Honolulu, then SLC. Just for missionaries. Wonder how much that costs?

Date: April 11, 2020 01:09PM

Probably not as much as rent at Shitty Creek!

Posted by: seatedscribe ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 02:07PM

An ex missionary companion sent me an invitation to join the group.

I posted 'I'm virtue signalling from Montreal. Fun!

It wasn't accepted lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.