Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: usedtoknow ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 04:52PM

My husband and I fell on some hard times this past year (before this virus happened) and moved back to Utah to be with my folks. They have been having sacrament meeting every Sunday morning in their Sunday best. My husband and I used to go out for breakfast and get out of the house but now everything is closed and we're awkwardly downstairs waiting for them to be done. I can say I'm glad they don't give us a hard time about not joining them. What is everyone else doing for Easter now that they've left the church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 05:46PM

Alone in my apartment, still in my pajamas (it's almost 3 PM). I'm about to cook dinner - a favorite recipe of my late mother's.

Holidays are often lonely for me, but the virus is making the day feel so much bleaker. What a time this is.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 06:06PM

I'm sorry heartbroken. I think the enforced downtime is inherently blues-inducing.

Many of us can be alone together here at RfM.

I'm in my pj's too. I'm lucky to have my brother nearby. I'm doing Easter dinner for him but we're not together together. Fortunately for me, I generally love alone time. In that funny human way, when it's enforced it's a pain, enjoyable only if it's our own choice.

The board is generally quiet on holidays, although fewer of us will be out and about, definitely, and not doing the family time we would undoubtedly have been doing were it not for CV.

But there's years of posts to read, not to mention the bio board and when you come across a comment or situation someone shares that reminds you of your own experiences and feelings it can be a satisfying connection.

So, here's to RfM, holiday meals, Brit crime dramas, a bit of wine and chocolate. Definitely chocolate. I've already eaten the head off a fat chocolate rabbit my sister gave me.

Chins up, all. We may be alone but we've always got each other here at RfM!

Happy Easter, however you pass the day.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 05:58PM

After I left the mormon church I would sometimes go to other churches, in my case Church of England, as that’s what I was raised in.
I subsequently lost my faith in a god of the bible. Now Easter is just chocolate eating day. Today I went for a run, sunbathed in the garden, did some college work, and watched a crime drama on tv, listened to music. Oh and a bit of chocolate plus some red wine.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 06:03PM

Home alone with my dog. Really missing my family for the first Easter in years.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 06:14PM

Thank goodness for your dog, LR. Among the best of all companions.

Sorry you have to be alone. It's shocking to hear that "if you don't live with a person don't be with them" and that includes family members.

My friends drove out to the country to "visit" with friends who have an acreage. They didn't get together, just waved at each other across the vast space.

We definitely crave company, we humans. Especially on traditional family days.

I'm concerned about elderly neighbours I haven't seen around and can't go and call on them, partly due to the regs and also because I am still sniffly with a stubborn cold.

There's always the TV, if you can get away from all the CV talk for a while and find a comforting program. I'm lucky that I had a big stash of books to read at the start of this thing and I'm only halfway through. I can't quite settle though. I'm in the middle of half a dozen books all at once. I likely will not remember most of them in the end. But it passes the time.

I'm concerned for my relatives in England - a place that has been hard-hit.

A time of anxiety, to be sure.

Take care all. Stay the course. Maybe we can get out in the sunshine when this thing settles down.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 06:26PM

I'll have lots of grass to mow here when it greens up..love doing that.and video chats with my grandchildren definitely raises my mood.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 06:37PM

Home alone watching it snow. Had a conference call with my brother and our Aunt and Uncle on the east coast.

We were not planning to celebrate today, my niece just finished a 6 day stretch at work. So we will all get together when they spring us.

Tomorrow starts what will probably turn out to be my last ever week working at the place I’ve been since 1991. I’m furloughed but fairly sure 5 months from now travel will not be back. I guess I’m retiring on Friday planned or not.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 07:06PM

Normally I am with my family on Easter. It's no longer a religious holiday for us except in the residual sense. But it is a day to get together and celebrate spring and the renewal of life. So I'm a bit lonely. But I got through the day. We will get together in the future.

I have to day that with working at home, the weekend felt a bit weird. I'm off...but I'm still at my workplace. The line between home and work has become more blurred.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 07:21PM

I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances. May you ride this out with aplomb.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 07:40PM

Another non-descript Sunday.

I live alone with the exception of my companion animals and am an aging spinster with no children. But I am used to being alone and despite being very dramatic I am an introvert at heart. So I’m enjoying this nice break. I do feel sorry for all the sick and dying.

Today I had a nice long walk, meditated, read, painted my new raised garden beds with beeswax to preserve them and ate a terribly bland sweet potato for dinners. I’m generally happy with my day.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 08:31PM

Been over a decade since I saw it a year after I left the morg on some Starz Encore channel. Underrated Scorsese.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 02:20AM

It seems that we have more people tuning in than we had in presence, before, if you figure 1.5 to 2.0 people, or more, per screen.

I texted the pastor that I liked doing church in pajamas and robe with coffee in hand, very cozy. I texted him, asking if there would be a problem if I came to church in pajamas and robe once things got back to normal. He hasn't answered.

Link to a cute parody, "The Virus That Stole Easter:"

https://www.thissideofheavenblog.com/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.