Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 02:06PM

I haven't seen him in quite a while. Does anyone know if he's ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 28, 2011 03:01PM

Bumping up for more eyeballs.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 03:46PM

The general consensus is that his parents, who have legal guardianship of him because of his health issues, have probably taken away his postmo or exmo computer privileges, so he can't get on this site anymore. I hope that's just the case, but also hope that he can come back eventually, sooner rather than later, if he wants.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 03:50PM

Date: June 28, 2011 03:53PM

I think he's in his 30's but he's got Asburger's Syndrome.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 03:53PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 04:22PM

he used to start a lot of threads....i felt kinda bad for his sitch......he lives in the heart of Mordor!! :)

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 04:30PM

That his computer priveledges (RfM) have been revoked before, and that he had to come back with a different moniker on the "Down Low."

I don't think anyone was in a position to contact him, and admin Susan mentioned that it wouldn't be wise for anyone from RfM admin to try.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 05:21PM

I have Asperger's and have a payee too -- but I'm otherwise independant. It seems like his parents don't necessarily have his best interests in mind so it would be nice if there were some way to help him gain more independence. But what do I know? :)

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 05:29PM

No, his parents' don't have his best interests at heart. But when Susan I/S and a CPA who is a regular poster (I apologize for forgetting his name) checked into it, they decided nothing can be done.

The Morg creates bad situations that hard very difficult to fix.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 07:36PM

I am the CPA. I am also knowledgeable in Social Security benefits and guardianship within Social Security. I have written to him and am waiting for a response. I will let you know if I hear from him.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 01, 2011 11:10PM

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: July 02, 2011 04:51AM

I worry about him too. Unfortunately, he posts a fair amount of IRL info so that anyone in his parents' ward or stake could easily identify him.

He's had an especially tough few years recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2011 04:51AM by lorraine.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 02, 2011 02:26AM

the payee/guardianship thing is meant to help people who aren't able to make decisions in their own best interests.

But keeping him away from RfM, which I think was always a big source of support for him, may not be one of the best things do to if that indeed is the problem.

I hope you let him know that we miss him and we are all in his corner. The poor guy has been through a lot and he has buddies here who care!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 02, 2011 04:36AM

I just worry that anyone they know is from here will cause more problems..... I am worried but just do not know what to do. I used to have other avenues of contact but right now I don't. Hate sit and wait mode....

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 05:56PM

To be fair, we only have one side of the story here,Southern Idaho Inactive's. He does have Aspergers and a tendency to run up big credit card debts. I suspect his parents have a story to tell too.He may well need to have a guardian, I don't know that, but am saying his parents may have a very different version than what we have heard. At any rate, I hope he is okay.He has always managed to post before so I hope he isn't ill or in the midst of family problems. His mother had had surgery, his father was suffering depression and his sister who is not married and has a baby had just been kicked out. All sorts of things going on plus the fact that he has a cancer history,Any of those could be factors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 06:00PM by bona dea.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 06:47PM

Due to family problems he hasn't got access to his computer. Didn't he say people would be staying over?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 28, 2011 06:50PM

He did say he might not be able to post much due to all that is going on. Who knows? He usually isn't gone for this long.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 02, 2011 02:35AM

Kinda missing his news flashes.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 02, 2011 05:08AM

I'm sorry to hear that, because he had so many friends on this board! I miss his stories and news updates.

My brother has asperger's, and there are varying degrees of it. My brother is capable of living alone, but he's an mark for greedy relatives, and for the Mormon cult.

I would NEVER try to separate my brother from the Mormon church, because he depends on it for friends. He leans heavily on people in his ward, and lives from one Sunday to the next.

I feel it is a crime that Curious in Idaho/Southernidahoinactive isn't allowed to communicate with us anymore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.