Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 01, 2020 01:15PM

Regarding mormonism and coronavirus and human reproduction Arts & Sciences, what should be done?

How about this: What would you do if you were Dictator for Life of the Earth, besides hiring the best bodyguards money could breed?

If your word were law, what  would  you  do?! Give me generalities, give me specifics, let it all out! It's only make-believe, right? At least until you get your own planet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 01, 2020 01:57PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 01, 2020 02:45PM

welp ~

re: momo-ism ~ ban it ~ jail the leaders ~ put all temple recommend holders in "reeducation kamps" ~

re: corona ~ everyone except beautiful people will be required to wear masks ~ as ziller's Corona Czar EOD will be the sole arbitrator of who is beautiful and who is not ~ exmos will not be require to wear masks because all exmos are beautiful ~

re: human reproduction ~ this is important for human types and should be encouraged ~

re: arts & sciences ~ all atheistic art and science will be banned starting with Dave the Atheist ~

also ~ canada will be forced to use u. s. american money, u. s. american holidays, and u. s. american units of measure, and the u. s. american national anthem like everybody else ~

if elected Dictator 4 Life ~ ziller will serve at least until the summer break ~

fun fact:

ziller once served as Dictator of the Virgin Islands ~

now they are simply known as "the Islands" ~

in b 4 ziller thinks of something else ~

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 07:26PM

Date: May 01, 2020 06:52PM

I thought there were a sufficient number megalomaniacs here on RfM so that this would get few responses.

So even though I am a mild-mannered reporter for the soon-to-be-defunct Daily Planet, I'll take a stab at it.

1)  At menarche (getting your period) each and every female on earth will get a birth control implant and a voucher for either a trade school education after high school or university. The vouchers are even good if a girl and her lover manage to find a way to circumvent the bc implant.

2)  The bc implant will be removed when the girl marries a partner who, on paper, can support her should she chose not to be employed.

3)  Get one DUI and an implant will be stapled to your forehead that will prevent you from operating any type of powered vehicle for two years. Get a second DUI and you're done driving for life.

4)  Everyone, as in EVERYONE!, has to give four hours of humanitarian service a month.  You can do 12 hours in one stretch and be good for three months, etc.  And of course, there will be abuses, but I think I'll have 'Service Abuse Police' and I bet broadcasting their cases will have a following, like the people who love to watch "Cops", or the show where the pedophile walks into the house and is confronted by a camera and an interviewer.

5)  I want to experiment with 'artificial pain'.  That's where you punish someone who, after due process, has been found guilty of a crime.  Instead of languishing in jail for X number of years, the miscreant gets X number of minutes of pain over X number of days.  The pain is 'artificial' in the sense that no damage is actually done to the body...  But the brain won't know that while it's happening.

6)  I wish I knew more about taxation: flat tax, value-added taxes, thresholds, and a bunch of other stuff.  All you humans have to fund my dictatorship and I want to make it as simple and equitable as possible.  And besides funding my government, I want a way to make billionaires share their wealth in a way that reduces my tax bite.  Oh, yeah, I'm a dreamer!

7)  I want us on Luna, on Mars, on orbitals and out into the Astroid Belt as soon as possible.  I want people to make big bucks in Space.

8)  I will heavily promote the notion that racial purity is nuts, and that hybridization is the total bomb!  (But if we all do get totally mixed up, will that establish a 'pure beige race'?)

I gotz lotz more! And I'll be more than happy to explain to you why YOU are wrong in what you think would be good! HA!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 11:44AM

“All you humans have to fund my dictatorship and I want to make it as simple and equitable as possible.”

Seize the entire Mormon Church.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 01, 2020 07:12PM

I'd try to find out what the people want. I'd seek out those who are filled with competition, grit, talent, and good ideas. I would try to find away to encourage the go-getters to rise to the top and make major beneficial innovations. I'd lower taxes, get rid of welfare, make education compulsory to the 6th grade and put kids to work in hard labor for 3 hours a day. I'd continue to deregulate the economy, except the air line industry, they'd be in serious trouble for a complete lack of sanitation and giving us the plague.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 10:41AM

How about deleting greed and selfishness...

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 01:00PM

Thanks for a beautiful vision, EOD and Ziller. If you win the upcoming election by overwhelming write-in votes, how will you claim office with these monikers ?

Oh, you, too, csuprovograd. But, next time you spot Mr. Peabody, will you hang onto him for me ?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 06:41PM

Long as I get the poet laureate nod, I'm in.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 07:02PM

You’ve got that nod from me. (For whatever that’s worth.)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 07:04PM

Yippee!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 09:43PM

Are you, Ziller, irresponsible for the town named before - or after - you in southern Washington (washing [your hands a] ton) called Zillah?

What up Zillah?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 11:09PM

You had me at welp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 11:11PM by saucie.

Date: May 02, 2020 11:28PM

Damn that ziller and his woman welping ways!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 11:29PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 04, 2020 03:57PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn that ziller and his woman welping ways!

not to worry Mi Vida..... You are my favorite Welper for time and

and all eternity. You beat everyone out.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 05:43AM

Giant 360° rotating statue of the dictator Saparmurat Niyazov, who changed his name to Turkmenbashi, "Father Of Turkmen."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrality_Monument

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/turkmenistan/8533427/Turkmenistan-rebuilds-giant-rotating-golden-statue.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-11095257

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurat_Niyazov

Saparmurat Atayevich Niyazov (Turkmen: Saparmyrat Ataýewiç Nyýazow, Cyrillic: Сапармырат Атаевич Ныязов; 19 February 1940 – 21 December 2006; also known as Türkmenbaşy (Head of the Turkmen) or Beýik Türkmenbaşy (Great Head of the Turkmen) was a Turkmen politician who served as the leader of Turkmenistan from 1985 until his death in 2006. He was First Secretary of the Turkmen Communist Party from 1985 until 1991 and supported the 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt. He continued to rule Turkmenistan for 15 years after independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.

Turkmen media referred to him using the title "His Excellency Saparmurat Türkmenbaşy, President of Turkmenistan and Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers". His self-given title Türkmenbaşy, meaning Head of the Turkmen, referred to his position as the founder and president of the Association of Turkmens of the World. In 1999, the Assembly of Turkmenistan declared Niyazov President for Life of Turkmenistan.

In his time, he was one of the world's most totalitarian, despotic and repressive dictators. He promoted a cult of personality around himself and imposed his personal eccentricities upon the country, such as renaming Turkmen months and days of the week to references of his autobiography the Ruhnama. He made it mandatory to read the Ruhnama in schools, universities and governmental organizations, new governmental employees were tested on the book at job interviews and an exam on its teachings was a part of the driving test in Turkmenistan. In 2005, he closed down all rural libraries and hospitals outside of the capital city Ashgabat, in a country where at that time more than half the population lived in rural areas, once stating that, "If people are ill, they can come to Ashgabat." Under his rule, Turkmenistan had the lowest life expectancy in Central Asia. Global Witness, a London-based human rights organisation, reported that money under Niyazov's control and held overseas may be in excess of US$3 billion, of which between $1.8–$2.6 billion was allegedly situated in the Foreign Exchange Reserve Fund at Deutsche Bank in Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 05:44AM by anybody.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 11:44AM

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 09:57AM

I would make having sight illegal. It is sight after all that allows us to judge other people by their skin color; makes us more reliant on competition than on cooperation; and makes us think that certain colors should go with other colors when choosing what clothing to wear. In other words, it makes us go nuts!

Everybody being blind would provide some new advantages. There would be much greater support for public transportation and research on the development of driverless automobiles. We would listen more to what others had to say because we would no longer rely on facial expressions and body movements as distractions. A lot of work, especially in warmer climates, could be done during evening hours, lessening the amount of traffic on our freeways during the day, and we wouldn't need to pay high light bills.

The surgical operation needed to remove the eyes is so simple that it could be performed by blind doctors, as noted by H. G. Wells in his 1930-something short story, "The Valley of the Blind." I would require every living person to undergo this surgery and have every newborn undergo the procedure at birth so that they never know what sight is and how it distorts reality and keeps us from knowing the truth about ourselves.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 11:44AM

Good idea, but it still exists —

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqoFsqOJYCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZX6tmLrP8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 02:40PM by anybody.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 11:51AM

Women and men would both have to have periods or neither will have periods. That is one of the things I was talking to my boyfriend about recently. If there were a God, this is one of the questions I have for him. WTF?

It is too bad that you have to get old to finally be relieved of this curse. Sure, I'm glad I was able to have a set of twins, but all those years of having a period to have 1 pregnancy (or maybe no pregnancies for some people and maybe far too many pregnancies for others).

Having periods is a curse. If I'm God, it would be a lot easier to produce children. I'll go through a pregnancy (I have issues with morning sickness, too) and even delivery, but for hell sakes, no periods and no morning sickness.

And dogs would live as long as you do.

I also don't like the idea of having to leave my kids behind when I die. It just occurred to me recently that this is the case.

It is great to be 62 when you consider all the years of periods when I was young.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 11:52AM by cl2.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 04:23PM

Definitely need to be poledancers. Lots and lots of pole dancers.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 03, 2020 05:25PM

One round per week free government subsidized golf as long as you walk.

You're walking for 4.5 hours, getting exercise. Plus having fun and socializing. The health benefits of walking, pulling your golf bag cart, and getting blood circulation is a fantastic way to keep in shape and walking in nature is mentally therapeutic.

The health care costs saved would out way the cost to subsidize walking golf, imo.

Plus it's something to look forward to.

An excellent way to burn calories.

Date: May 03, 2020 10:00PM

I’m all for it!

What do you snowed-out humans do from November to March in place of the weekly round of golf?

(I’m letting the “pull your golf bag cart” slide...)

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 04, 2020 06:26PM

I actually went golfing on Dec 27 with my very TBM son, lol. That one course was the only one open and people from all over Southern Ontario came and it was packed. We had a mild winter. The course is on sandy soil so it's well drained.

I play badminton (advanced) through the city's recreational programs. My city offers lots and lots of recreational programs at a reasonable price, from cake decorating to pickle ball...

Watching hockey, The leafs of course,
Was a workout yelling at the TV, or arguing with Montreal Canadiens fans at the sports bar, lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.