Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 04:46PM

News bulletin:

Communicable diseases and viruses are spread through contact from being to being. The more contact, the more spread.

Asking for proof of this? Really?

I mean . . . this is even simpler to understand than that "Dick & Jane" temple ceremony on a first grade level.

"Let us go down!" "We will go down."

See Spot Run, thedesertrat1. See Spot Run.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:01PM

Alternatively, "Dying with Denial."

Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:34PM

There's now a documented case of a cluster of COVID cases directly traced to a birthday party in Pasadena, where a group of people were gathered and took no precautions.

Those restaurant patrons were engaging in that precise behavior: a large group of people in close proximity, no masks, exhaling on each other and inhaling everyone else's vapor with whatever else was being carried along with it. It will take at least two weeks to find out if this will cause any sickness and death, either to those present or any with whom they subsequently came into contact, but should it happen you can be sure that the restaurant operator will take no responsibility for any of it becauseā€¦ freedom.

This is how the virus spreads, Desert Rat, whether you choose to believe it or not. You've been consistently wrong on this disease ever since you laughably compared it to auto wrecks back when the death count was 2,000 or so.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 09:58AM

L.A. Exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's now a documented case of a cluster of
> COVID cases directly traced to a birthday party in
> Pasadena, where a group of people were gathered
> and took no precautions.
>
> Those restaurant patrons were engaging in that
> precise behavior: a large group of people in close
> proximity, no masks, exhaling on each other and
> inhaling everyone else's vapor with whatever else
> was being carried along with it. It will take at
> least two weeks to find out if this will cause any
> sickness and death, either to those present or any
> with whom they subsequently came into contact, but
> should it happen you can be sure that the
> restaurant operator will take no responsibility
> for any of it becauseā€¦ freedom.
>
> This is how the virus spreads, Desert Rat, whether
> you choose to believe it or not. You've been
> consistently wrong on this disease ever since you
> laughably compared it to auto wrecks back when the
> death count was 2,000 or so.
Whether I am right or wrong, good, bad, or indifferent I am still thankful that we have this forum where a member can speak what they feel!!!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:45PM

Nursing homes are death traps if Covid-19 gets in. Workers often work at many different care facilities and in private homes where protection is seldom used. This makes transmission almost inevitable.

Something drastic should change regarding how nursing home protocol is implemented. I also think the way that nursing home floor plans and heating/air flow designs are built should be redesigned.

Since most people don't have any options when nursing homes are needed, it's doubtful anything will actually change. They are captive clients/patients and have little say in anything. Plus, when this pandemic is played out, who will have the money to do all this?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 09:00PM

Basically, sticking with the Golden Rule is the way to go.

"Do unto others as you would want others to not sneeze on you."

(I think that's how it goes)

Don't risk stinking up your karma at a time like this. You may have to listen to scientists.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 09:01PM

I think they are slowly improving nursing homes, but it is happening too slowly. My very wealthy aunt was in an old nursing home and had the width of her bed as her private space with a TV on a dresser at the end of her bed. I hated it for her. Her daughter eventually got her out and took care of her until she died. She had started losing her mind and we found out they were drugging her.

My aunt who recently died (the sister) was in a beautiful place and had her own room. And a good friend of mine was in a place just built here in Hyrum. Her room was HUGE. She had a sofa, her piano, etc. It is a beautiful place.

I can't tell you what the care is like, but the kids of both thought it was very good care. Not a bunch of elderly shoved into too small of a space. Luckily, my parents never ended up in a nursing home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 09:02PM by cl2.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 11:09PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.