Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 05:22AM

"The Family of Prophet Franklin Ndifor just confirmed he is dead. All attempts to restore him back to life through prayers were unsuccessful."

"Bottom line: Franklin Ndifor, a popular megachurch pastor and politician in Cameroon, is dead from COVID-19 only days after he “laid hands” on hundreds of followers while claiming that he could cure the virus."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:04AM

It just takes time! Where's their faith? Raising someone from the dead takes intense prayer over a long period of time. I've been praying for the resurrection of Marilyn Monroe for fifty-seven years. You think I would give up now? I expect results any day now. Have a little consideration for God's work load. You think your prayer is the only one he has to respond to? Jesus!

These people bring to bring back their pastor haven't watched many zombie movies. It's only been a short while. Keep praying. Don't bury the bastard yet.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:10PM

Razortooth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It just takes time! Where's their faith? Raising
> someone from the dead takes intense prayer over a
> long period of time. I've been praying for the
> resurrection of Marilyn Monroe for fifty-seven
> years. You think I would give up now? I expect
> results any day now. Have a little consideration
> for God's work load. You think your prayer is the
> only one he has to respond to? Jesus!
>
> These people bring to bring back their pastor
> haven't watched many zombie movies. It's only
> been a short while. Keep praying. Don't bury the
> bastard yet.

Neither prayer nor "priesthood power" had any effect on my wife dying from lung cancer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 03:12PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:42PM

I'm sorry about your wife.

That's a rough one.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:12AM

Stupid kills.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:16AM

Never has..never will.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:00AM

Apparently the answer was "NO".
That's the case anytime there is no answer.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:08AM

Mormons would tell you that only they have the authority to heal COVID19. Guy should have joined the Mormons first.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 01:14PM

Of course their prayers didn't work. They needed to starve themselves along with braying to their god on high.

Posted by: SunGoddess ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 04:38PM

I'm 38 years old and I've prayed to Jesus Christ, Jehovah,Yahweh, Satan, Wicca/Pagan Gods and Goddesses along with spells which were also temporary. I also tried Taoist advice which is peaceful yet stifling. I've also mentioned a few times on this website about reading all Mormon and Christian scriptures. None of it works at all. I've also mentioned how I've seen much better results asking good angels for help. This is just where I'm at so far. None of my prayers were ever answered and a lot of times I got the complete opposite of what I prayed for. I was sincere too. The mean self righteous people didn't help either. In all my searching only good angels have responded. I realize everyone is different, this is just my experiences.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 05:28PM

Regarding the Good Angels...

The phrasing suggests that Bad Angels also exist in your Universe.

Implying that Good Angels can help, if they so chose, and Bad Angels can do mischief, should they desire.

My point: there is this concept called, as best I can tell, "distribution". Solving this, in various fields, created the maths behind how 'things' are distributed; all kinds of things! The math behind the 'distribution of things' is impressive, at least to the uninitiated.

So someone, probably a person deficient in maths, decided that the human race fit within the parameters of 'things' being distributed, and called it the bell-shaped curve, and announced that this bell-shaped curve modeled what the misery-to-elation spread looked like.

The middle of the curve is 'normalcy', with bad things moving to the left and good things moving to the right. The 'normal' distribution shows that most human 'beans' end up in the middle, with very few human 'beans' experiencing the worst in misery or the best in good fortune.

Here is an illustration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bean_machine

So it's possible if you're of a mind, to simply throw up your hands and say it's all up to 'fate' or 'coincidence' whether you take/get a good bounce or a bad bounce. This eliminates the need to take it personally when something bad happens that isn't explained by some other mechanism, like the myriad of bad habits I've developed.

I guess I'm just saying that there is a mechanism for explaining why a Good Angel didn't tell you to wait and take the next plane.

Posted by: SunGoddess ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 07:45PM

I guess angels respond only when you decide to talk to them instead of a violent God. I was just trying different options that didn't work. The website was interesting too. Maybe the angels were guiding me to them by showing me the faults of the different religions I tried. It would also have been nice to spare me the aggravation. I just noticed I've gotten better responses with good angels. I've also read about bad angels, that's why I refer to the angels I talk to as good.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:12PM

I have also had good results when asking my Guides (Angels) for help. I believe that they are simply more advanced spirits than myself. They are not all-powerful, nor all-knowing. Sometimes they can help, and sometimes, they just can't.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 04:52PM

But I’m sure the prayers of consolation are working just fine.

Posted by: God ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 04:55PM

I am not interested in your silly prayers. Next time sacrifice a virgin.

Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:09PM

nothing fails like prayer and priesthood blessings

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:01PM

That is why I ended up here. My wife came down with 3 different cancers about 15 years ago. One right after the other. She lived, but it was because of the miracle of medical science. Not because of all the praying we did.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:52PM

tensolator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She lived, but it was
> because of the miracle of medical science. Not
> because of all the praying we did.

I'm glad for you both that things went well. Yes, science can seem like a miracle. Prayer not so much in many cases. What is going to happen happens, in my experience.

I was interested in medical science from a young age and read a lot about it.

I was also interested in finding the "true" religion. That sent me on a long journey through some interesting, yet trying, times.

So, for me, two sides of a coin: Science vs Religion

Fortunately for me, the science thing won out. Offshoot church woo-woo didn't sit well. I've never ended up stuck in fundamentalism although I definitely experienced it. "Get thee to a physician" has always been my mantra. Anything too far removed from that is disturbing. Zealotry is decidedly unappealing. I don't really understand that type and depth of unrealistic belief.

And by the way, short of a chance at resuscitation immediately following cardiac arrest, you're on a one-way train that ain't coming back down the same track, in my estimation.

And for the love of god, people, at a certain point with all the monkeying around with a corpse, you're disrespecting the dead. Or their mortal remains at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 03:52PM by Nightingale.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.