Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 09:55PM

http://nypost.com/2020/05/19/nasa-finds-evidence-of-parallel-universe-where-time-runs-backward-report/

A group of NASA scientists working on an experiment in Antarctica have detected evidence of a parallel universe — where the rules of physics are the opposite of our own, according to a report.

Low-energy, subatomic neutrinos with a mass close to zero can pass completely through Earth, but higher-energy objects are stopped by the solid matter of our planet, according to the report.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:07PM

I hate to be trite, but "What will they discover next?"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:12PM

I guess that depends on whether they are moving forward or backward in time.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:39PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess that depends on whether they are moving
> forward or backward in time.

If we could go backward we could each revisit our fabled halcyon days. Over and over and over. That has appeal.

Date: May 19, 2020 11:26PM

The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back, turn back, turn back, turn back.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:29PM

If I could. I'll have to consult Einstein's works...

Date: May 19, 2020 11:45PM

The answer is far more mundane than that!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:54PM

Date: May 20, 2020 12:01AM

I had you on opera but it turns out you are an ELO fan!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:14AM

I post that in trepidation, lest we get into another damned tangent over the utility of masks.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:24AM

Are you woke ?

Date: May 20, 2020 02:18AM

I'm woke, but I hope to go to bed soon.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:19PM

This way I could just back up till I get to the year I want....

hey this might work out.

Date: May 20, 2020 01:21PM

I know one man who would be devastated if you went back too far. . .

Date: May 20, 2020 07:25PM

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Date: May 20, 2020 07:27PM

ok so if I'm in this place where time runs backward, what happens

when I spin around?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 08:14PM

John Mellencamp shows up and starts singing Dance Naked.

Date: May 20, 2020 09:02PM

dagny Wrote:
> John Mellencamp shows up and starts singing Dance
> Naked.

I gotta see that. Thanks for the heads up dagny.

Date: May 20, 2020 09:06PM

Is this the part where Frank Sinatra breaks out into his

version of "Fly me to the Moon? "

Date: May 19, 2020 10:30PM

Now tell us how real tachyons are.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 07:10AM

Note to researchers: Don’t let Chaca break the tachyon amplifier.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:36PM

particles travelling backwards through time? That's way above my understanding. I'm not seeing how they came to this conclusion, but there must be some evidence.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:23PM

Tao backwards is Oat! Narb Tao backwards is Oat Bran !!!

I think that pretty much says it all.

Either way time runs, just add milk/klim.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:42PM

The experiment package dangles beneath a weather balloon and is towed into the stratosphere courtesy of said balloon.

It sways in the breeze as it floats. I think that's crucial. If they make it heavy enough to remain stable, how could they lift it?

Think of the constant wind of high energy particles arriving from space. They come from all angles. Keep this data point in mind ...

Now think of the chamber used to capture/measure these high energy particles as a big peanut butter jar, with a nice flat circular bottom. That's important; it's another important data point.

Current knowledge says that 'big' high energy particles can't go through the Earth. But the experimenters say that the 'capture/measuring' (flat-bottomed) chamber is 'seeing' these 'big' high energy particles coming 'up' from (and thus through) the Earth. They say that this is known to be impossible.

By way of explanation, they theorize that these 'big' high energy particles are moving backward in time, so as to appear from our perspective to be coming up from the Earth, which they say is impossible. Their theory is that there are 'big' high energy particles that move 'backward in time' and it's these 'big' high energy particles that are being captured/measured.

But what they will learn, once they read this post, is that the swaying of the instrument package beneath the weather balloon, combined with their altitude, exposed the flat bottom of the instrument package (the peanut butter jar) to 'big' high energy particles that skimmed very closely to the surface of the Earth and hit the instrument package at the endpoint of one of its sways. They think the bottom of their package always stayed perpendicular to a line drawn through the center of the Earth, directly beneath the package. It most certainly did not!

Now, if you were involved in this experiment, which explanation would you prefer? Remember, the practice of science is best done with other people's money!

Date: May 19, 2020 11:24PM

God runs backwards.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:25PM

Wow! Never saw that before but yeah! God is a little girl.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 02:57PM

I don't think that scene was in the original movie. They added it for the re-release, which is the version I have.

Honestly, I didn't see The Exorcist until I was 16, totally inactive and partying, on a little black and white TV with a few buddies. Scared the bejebus out of me. Couldn't sleep for 2 nights. That was the lingering effect of mormon gods and devils on my adolescent brain.

Date: May 20, 2020 05:01PM

I'm not sure that was Mormonism. The Exorcist and The Omen and other productions like them terrified the whole country, I'm told, and yet now seem silly.

The US at that time was much more religious and superstitious in general; Mormonism was just a particular example of that. By contrast, nowadays people are jaded when it comes to Biblically-inspired horror flicks.

Date: May 20, 2020 05:55PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> I'm not sure that was Mormonism. The Exorcist and
> The Omen and other productions like them terrified
> the whole country, I'm told, and yet now seem
> silly.
>
> The US at that time was much more religious and
> superstitious in general; Mormonism was just a
> particular example of that. By contrast, nowadays
> people are jaded when it comes to
> Biblically-inspired horror flicks.

The original Exorcist Movie scared the shit out of me as a little kid. I was 11, but it scared me mainly because I believed in supernatural things, like ghosts or evil demons who could actually poses you. Once I got a little older I realized it was all just in my head and I could turn it on and off if I wanted to. And I did. I was never scared after that.

Date: May 20, 2020 06:04PM

I'm pretty sure it was. As a kid, I was terrified of all the satan is after you talk I got in mormonism. I slept with my ears covered by the blankets, fearing satan would come from my closet to get at me. I went in a booth at the county fair called "Rosemary's Baby" which was a hairy satan figure about the size of a toddler, with a human head made up like satan on the top so it could turn and look at you real evil like. The little body was chained in place. That image scared me for years as a kid.

I don't think I shed the satan fear until my late 20s after finally researching the church and its history and seeing for what it really is. After that the whole satan thing lost its effect.

Now my gentile buddies all thought it was funny, not scary at all.

Its a wonder I'm not more damaged.

Date: May 20, 2020 07:36PM

I'm sure the Mormon version is different, although these things are different for all people. A point to consider, however, is how the original Omen did relative to the remake, which I believe made nary a dent in the public mind. If anyone did an Exorcist movie now, I doubt it would have anywhere near the impact that the original did.

Back in those days, the Bible and its themes resonated much more widely than they do now--even if Mormons were more extreme.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 09:23PM

Oh Roy. Me too. I was terrified of Satan. I tried to stay awake as long as I could with the light on. I practiced commanding him to go away in the name of Jesus You-know-who with my arm to the square. And then the dreams started. I have had them all my life and my worse half punches me to wake me up and get me out of them cuz I start trying to do the command in my dream but can't make my mouth work and apparently it's very annoying, haha.

I thought I was the only one that happened to.

The teacher of the priest's class who was studying to be an Insitute teacher told us these stories of the devil throwing Joseph's followers around in locked rooms. Why was I the only one who didn't realize it was ridiculous?

Posted by: Johann Faust ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:57PM

Now, where's that damned air conditioning control? Oh, there isn't any?

Date: May 20, 2020 01:23AM

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:15PM

Brine keep on sipping, sipping, sipping, to have more future...time.

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 04:51AM

Probably just a mirror reflection of our own universe, projected down into four dimensions of spacetime from some higher dimensional matrix

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 06:36AM

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-verse.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:13PM

Wait. Are you saying Scientists have finally found your people?

Maybe click your heels together three times? :)

Date: May 20, 2020 12:16PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> Maybe click your heels together three times? :)

Why did they call those slippers? They obviously weren't what one would wear around the house looking for a paper and pipe.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:58PM

Speak for yourself.

Although I'd be looking for a glass of wine, not a pipe. :)

Date: May 20, 2020 01:54PM

>> "Why did they call those slippers? They obviously weren't what one would wear around the house looking for a paper and pipe."

From vocabulary.com

"A slipper is a kind of indoor shoe that slips easily on and off your foot. ... Slippers are cozy, and they're often warm too. A more old fashioned kind of slipper was a dress shoe that slipped on the foot, rather than being buckled or buttoned—like Cinderella's glass slipper."

Or Dorothy's ruby slippers......now you know.

Date: May 20, 2020 01:56PM

But Roy, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Date: May 20, 2020 02:22PM

I just work there. Well, not right now.

Date: May 20, 2020 02:52PM

Perhaps, in a backward running universe you could be there now.

For now, just try backward thinking and see how far that gets you.

Date: May 20, 2020 02:59PM

Roy G Biv Wrote:
> For now, just try backward thinking and see how
> far that gets you.

I tried and now I think Mormonism is the way to go for me. My family will be so happy. This backward thinking thing will have us all together FOREVER!!!

Date: May 20, 2020 02:50PM

Exactly! That's why we need them now more than ever!

What a world, what a world!

Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, I'm going to go find my wifes' red pumps......there's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 12:45PM

Actually, the math of the Standard Model allows for time running backwards, and also faster than light travel (except that it would be restricted to always faster than light - it would take infinite energy to slow down to sub-light speeds).

The one thing the math does not allow is a reversal of entropy. At least that is my understanding.

The scientists thought they saw evidence of time-reversed particles because they saw particles coming out of the earth and heading into space that according to what they knew about them, should have been hitting the earth from outer space, not the opposite. Time reversal would make them look (to us) like they were going "backwards".

Reversed time is an extraordinary claim, and I'd wait for extraordinary evidence. Like I said, the math, as far as I know, doesn't rule it out. That is not proof of its existence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 12:46PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:48PM

Does math rule out God?

Date: May 20, 2020 12:48PM

Out rule God?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:15PM

God is not a variable in any of the equations. Time is.

So I guess God doesn't conflict with the math, because it doesn't figure into the math at all. Perhaps we should add a corollary to thermodynamics having to do with car keys, giving God a little recognition.

Date: May 20, 2020 04:14PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> Does math rule out God?

It depends upon what you mean by the word, "God".
If you mean it in the same sense that Einstein meant it, then no, it doesn't.
"When I use the word, 'God', I mean it in the same sense as Einstein when he used the word, in the impersonal sense of the word, to mean, the laws that govern nature. So to know the mind of God is to know the laws that govern nature." Hawking

If you mean it in the same sense as the Bible, which claims God created the universe 6,000 years ago, then yes, since it takes light 25,000 years to get from the center of our galaxy to here and it takes 250 million years for our sun to make one orbit around the galaxy and it's travelling at over half a million mph, clockwise, while the black hole travels at 1.4 million mph towards the Great Attractor, which could be what we call, God, since it meets the definition of being omnipotent, since it pulls all the galaxies toward it at the same rate of speed,
thus animating them.

"The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace." Michio Kaku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6JFKgbAF4

According to Super String Theory (M Theory) Our math only starts to add up in 11 Dimensional Multiverse, only 3 of which we can see/experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 04:15PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: May 20, 2020 05:05PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> only 3 of which we can see/experience.

I'm going to stick to those 3 - The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost and make my way to the coast one of these days. I'll leave The Cosmological Constant unchanged and let other universes and dimensions of them lie.

I have no dog in this race with time.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 02:48PM

Whats so special about Antarctica? other then its fricken cold Mr. Bigglesworth.

Date: May 20, 2020 02:59PM

EXON46 Wrote:
> Whats so special about Antarctica? other then its
> fricken cold Mr. Bigglesworth.

The experts used a giant balloon to carry NASA’s Antarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna, or ANITA, high above Antarctica, where the frigid, dry air provided the perfect environment with little to no radio noise to distort its findings.

Date: May 20, 2020 03:00PM

I think COVID likes frigid, dry air.

Posted by: ssaD maR ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 03:32PM

Or not.

Twelve of one, a dozen of the other (metric).

Date: May 20, 2020 08:28PM

So maybe,
inside the black hole at the center of our galaxy, 25,000 light years away, is an anti-matter universe that has completely different rules than the ones we have in this universe, where time runs backwards and
Instead of gravity attracting it repels
and our anti-matter counterparts, 25,000 light years away,
fly
like in our dreams
And we are just stardust
trailing behind the 4D Anti-matter Universe inside a black hole hurtling Toward the Great Attractor at 1.4 million MPH
1/500th the speed of light

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 08:32PM by schrodingerscat.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.