Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 12:23PM

They need to rule over the chapel from the cultural hall to the kitchen.

And with billions in their kitty the high leaders aren't about to take good Jesus savings to save people.

The rotten leadership buck doesn't stop at them but Jesus. Christ will save my family from COVID when they return to that carpet encrusted with Cheerios, petri tight like a dish place of spiritual odors that ain't incense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 04:43PM

No UNTRAINED Amateurs-

ONLY PROFESSIONALS!

Liability...

The Ability to LIE anywhere, anytime, ABOUT ANYTHING.

Date: May 20, 2020 04:49PM

ufotofu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liability...

That made me laugh out loud. COVID. Some liability.

Date: May 22, 2020 05:58PM

Thanks. That's the only way I can think of it or see it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 04:53PM

If the church ever needed to hire back professional, dedicated janitors, the time is now. Surely physician and surgeon RMN sees the need of that.

Date: May 20, 2020 04:59PM

Surgeon General Authority Warning: Going to church is probably going to give you COVID.

He should know.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 04:55PM

Put your shoulder to bowl, scrub along

Clean the doody with a heart full of song

We all have S#!T, let no one sit

Put your shoulder to the bowl.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 21, 2020 12:27AM

Bwahahahahaha!

Date: May 20, 2020 04:57PM

I'd like to add to my original post. The Mormon Church is awful but only in a society like ours can it thrive - like COVID - a dry and cold world where it can induce a panic and a fever for toilet paper but not other people who need it. Let them sit in their own shiz as long as my family can be forever. A place were donating money and time for the fantasy of converting dead people replaces fantasies of visiting other planets in our solar system safely.

The Mormon virus needs a host and human societies are perfect today for it.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 05:50PM

With a renewed enthusiasm to fill the pews again, the three amigos will create a video of a white & delight-some people cleaning something. Then, all of those who viewed the video will, in a twinkling of the eye, become experts at cleaning crap. Problem solved, slush fund saved, and lots of blessings to spread around.

Date: May 20, 2020 06:18PM

And many will be twinkled in the eye of a virus.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 09:34PM

Not sure how that can be done and still end up being a clean building. Everything would need to be wiped down before second or third wards enter.Then it needs to dry and not kill people because of toxic fumes. Who is going to do this? Will they be dressed in proper attire to do a proper cleaning? Dusty Rusty, I do not think this is a clearly thought out plan. Wait you are corporate CEO, now it makes sense.
And an aside I am not sure the air handling system is designed for virus laden air filtration. Most of it will just be recirculated air with a little make up air.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: June 04, 2020 11:54AM

Exactly, as there often isn't overlap between wards, as the next ward often shows up when the other one is out of the chapel. During the 3 hour block, you had that one hour where all 3 wards were in the building at the same time. As loud talking and singing can spread the virus further than surfaces, it's possible that the chapel wouldn't be aired out enough before the other ward arrives to use it. As it is, the only way they're going to get Mormons to wear masks for church is if the leaders tell them to, as they're not going to do that on their own. There are plenty who don't wear masks, and who get out of their cars when visiting others as they seem to think their garments will protect them.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2020 01:57AM

Being a professional janitor isn't at the top of many ppl's wish list, neither is the pay scale; training is hit & miss, bidding for commercial work is cut-throat;

my point is that just paying someone & calling them a professional doesn't necessarily give them the skill level needed for this situation.

Date: May 21, 2020 08:58AM

That's true, but if someone isn't doing the job properly, you can fire them and hire someone else. We've had a number of reports on this board that the ward buildings were far cleaner when the church had paid janitors.

Date: May 21, 2020 12:44PM

And it shows that a supposedly inspired group of leaders thought about the health and safety of their members enough to invest some money into it.

They spent millions on steeples and yet can't on cleaning?

Date: May 21, 2020 01:01PM

this sounds easier than it actually is...

When I was living in the Redmond WA stake, the 'straw boss' was an 'authority on overload' guy, numerous problems; the janitors were mostly unemployed / underemployed members with families, someone in the chain thought it wouldn't be allowed to fire them because of economic hardships....

This 'member paid - janitor' situation was a NIGHTMARE for leaders when the rest of the economy was booming.

De-contaminating a premises requires a higher skill set than ordinary cleaning, both to get the job done AND protect the workers...

Date: May 21, 2020 01:29PM

GNPE Wrote:
> this sounds easier than it actually is...

So? You seem to imply that either they shouldn't or status quo is better/no worse? I don't understand your point.

Date: May 21, 2020 09:59PM

I don't think ChurchCo now has the training available to do the proper job, this is a New Game for lots of ppl including medical & other scientists; what products to use, how should they be applied, what protections for workers, etc. etc. etc.

Date: May 22, 2020 12:30PM

GNPE Wrote:
> I think ChurchCo [doesn't have] the training available to do the proper job...

... this is a New Game for lots of ppl including medical & other scientists; what products to use, how should they be applied, what protections for workers, etc.
> etc. etc.

None of that matters (if one really wants [needs?] to KEEP EVERYONE SAFE)...

It's not like Mormonism is poor, or "doesn't have the training". It's just that IT DOESN'T CARE, maybe is greedy, selfish, ignorant, and CONTROLLING.

It won't (never!) Follow The Rules.

If LDSinc cared, it would hire PROFESSIONALS - which it wouldn't know (if that's what you meant) - without changing a thing.

People would be happier, SAFER, have more time, be more respected - and actually compensated - and appreciated...

No need in learning anything. It's the same as it's ever been.

It's SIMPLY CARE, Pay Professionals, AND respect members. Period

Date: May 22, 2020 02:23PM

"It won't (never!) Follow The Rules."

Thanks. And his point is pointless. No one expects hazmat suits and industrial cleaning. Just putting money where there are people paying 10 percent of their income is the least a decent organization could do.

Date: May 22, 2020 10:28PM

Yes but wouldn't that cost money?

Date: May 28, 2020 02:18PM

Yes. The money flows one way in and only a few ways out - buildings, manuals, computers, printers, parking lots, and a budget that struggles to cover any kind of anything. It is mostly a supplement to what members can cover. My wife was a Primary president for over 6 years. Her successor blew through the budget in a couple months.

Everything in Mormonism today is corporate. The people who get a paycheck from it at the common levels have load of responsibility and little resources and salaries for their efforts.

They are supposed to be filled with the spirit more than money. The dividends from many for profit efforts and billions in their Jesus fund obviously can afford to keep their religious networking going and they do it the most economically.

The problem is there are actual people involved and not numbers, economies, statistics, logistics, management policies and ROI. Thinking of people instead of how to herd them should happen at a time like this. But it won't. Status quo for Joe's con.

Date: May 21, 2020 01:51PM

Hiring a cleaning company is also an option.

Date: May 21, 2020 02:30PM

The Mormon Church opening back up for business as usual is negligent period.

At least in Italy they recognise that 100 years later things should be better. But Mormonism is an archaic con not concerned with people but a 100 billion hedge fund for Jesus.

"At least 15 facilities have been closed and their patients relocated after inspections by the Italian Police health force -- Nuclei Antisofisticazione e Sanita (NAS) -- found that many failed to follow coronavirus protocols, including providing enough protective equipment for staff and dedicated quarantine areas for suspected coronavirus patients.
Sixty-one people have been referred to judicial authorities. Another 157 people have been fined a total of more than $78,500 (72,000 euros)."

""It's uncivilized," she says. "We're in 2020 and this still happens? The images are like the Spanish flu epidemic 100 years ago. And we're in the same condition?" she asks."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/italy-coronavirus-covid-19-tsunami-overwhelmed-a-whole-generation-now-their-families-want-answers/ar-BB14oCwh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2020 02:31PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 28, 2020 10:26PM

What scares me is the carpets, think how many people have walked in crap and tracked it in. How many kids have slobbered all over it. Carpet is fine in your own house with your own microbes (personal immunity build up), but in public buildings the spores could be far more diverse and dangerous.

I hope they had the wisdom to remove it all in this 2 month break, but probably not...

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 28, 2020 11:36PM

Simple solution: stay closed for the next 9 months.

We are finding out that surfaces are far less likely infection sources than simple person-to-person contact like a face-to-face conversation, or sneezes and coughs.

Also, any surface that hasn't been touched for a week is fine as far as coronavirus is concerned. Some bacteria can survive that long, but that has always been true, so standard cleaning procedures are fine for that.

Also also, it doesn't matter how well the building was cleaned if an infected person gives you a garmie feel or handshake or sits next to you.

The people are the primary danger, not the building. Come to think of it, that is true in general about Mormonism, isn't it. :-/

Date: May 29, 2020 04:29PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> Come to think of it, that is true in
> general about Mormonism, isn't it. :-/

Yes, and my sheeple will walk into their death trap.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 10:14PM

They need to hire professionals not for the reasons you think.
Can you imagine how much power this would give lay janitors?

(Standing in the foyer) Today is the great day of my power! I reign from the rivers of cheerios in the front to the ends of the court in the back! There is none that dares to not infect or make afraid!

Just saying. This is why the church needs to pay people.

Date: June 02, 2020 11:07PM

When I was a kid we figured out how to break into the church. We were chased by the paid professional a lot. I can only imagine what it would be like now. The kids would rule there during the time people weren't there. We had to look for the janitor's car. And sometimes he would arrive and we didn't know it.

I remember sneaking into all the closets and rooms. They place was a labyrinth. I remember making fun of grown up members at the pulpit. I remember streaking through the halls buck naked.

It was fun to try and avoid the janitor.

Date: June 02, 2020 11:20PM

lay janitors?

I don't understand what you mean by that.

I haven't seen any inclination for ChurchCo to hire janitors, I'd be surprised if it wasn't counted as a mistake to employ church members the way it happened at least in the Redmond WA stake...

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: June 04, 2020 04:08AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> They need to rule over the chapel from the
> cultural hall to the kitchen.

From the windows...to the wall...
Till the sweat runs down...

Nevermind...

Date: June 04, 2020 12:47PM

severedpuppetstrings Wrote:
> From the windows...to the wall...
> Till the sweat runs down...

Hahahahaha!

Because LDS Corp wouldn't turn on the AC while they worked.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 04, 2020 06:26PM

I pretty much agree but realistically If the fearless leaders can continue to coerce the membership into working for free they will NEVER GO ANY OTHER WAY!!!

Date: June 05, 2020 09:20PM

Yeah, scare the members into believing They can clean it more safely and RIGHTeously than others/ professionally trained, paid cleaners.

Date: June 06, 2020 12:55PM

lol hire this man for Church Policy creation council

Excellent job ufotofu!

Rusty is general conference:

Now more than ever is your help needed brethren and sisterns. For all who have fallen short, put your shoulder to the bowl and scrub the spirit back into your lives!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 01:28PM

My answeer is
Sure bishop I will meet you there and we will clean the toilets together!
Amazing lack of positive response!

Date: June 06, 2020 01:31PM

Lol

We are all enlisted until the Yellow Floor is Scoured!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.