Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 09:35PM

It's hard to digest news like this.
Exceedingly sad.

South Jordan Utah
https://www.ksl.com/article/46760182/police-man-shoots-kills-his-2-sons-then-himself-in-south-jordan

Another hyper-evil (and mentally deranged) man kills 2 children and then himself.

Copycat of Josh Powell - that guy was creepy his whole adult life

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 03, 2020 12:29AM

"Police have responded to domestic incidents at the home in the past".

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 03, 2020 05:09AM

This is beyond sad. It is tragic. I suspect the Josh Powell comparison is close to the mark. He was either trying to hide something, or trying to punish his wife. The only two guesses I can come up with.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: June 03, 2020 09:54PM

When I lived in CA, my neighbor was a family court attorney. She said a lot of times, divorced men get half their stuff, plus their house taken away. Then ordered to pay impossible alimony and child support payments. When they can't meet their financial obligations, the Mom sues for full custody and takes his kids away. She told me this in 2001. She said it doesn't, by any means excuse this kind of violence and death, but it may help to understand how someone could get to that point. She says it's a miracle it doesn't happen more often. That may be another explanation.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: June 03, 2020 09:46PM

This is just tragic

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 03, 2020 10:19PM

He had not lived in the home for several months according to reports. He was watching the boys while his ex wife was at work.
I do not know the dynamics of this arrangement, but she obviously trusted him enough to come into the home and stay with their sons. So very very tragic. One neighbor still hasn't had the words to tell her 8 year old child what really happened to her friend.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 04, 2020 03:22PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.