Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hujo2MAGA ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 05:17PM

Is there a way to manipulate where tithing money goes to, or just a way to make my parents think I’m paying tithing but I’m actually not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 06:09PM

The church will spend or invest any donations as they please.

A simple way to pay less tithing is to pay on the take home vs the pre tax amount.

If you're cash only round down. Earned 16 dollars. Pay a buck. Earned 19. Still pay a buck. Earned 25 pay 2 bucks etc.

Some people don't pay tithing on money kept in the family such as sn allowance because it was already tithed when earned.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 06:16PM

My mom pays online so that the bishop doesn't know how much money she makes.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/help/support/finance/online-donations?lang=eng

Posted by: thought ( )
Date: June 13, 2020 02:32AM

Interesting that that's available. It prevents embezzlement, and provides some privacy. Now, if only the funds went somewhere else...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 06:45PM

You're gonna all the deductions you can get, based on the business plans you laid out for us!

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 06:54PM

Sure, open a checking account. Call it LDS payment.

Posted by: thought ( )
Date: June 13, 2020 02:35AM

I remembered when I attended tithing settlement at age 14 or 15. The bishop said that he didn't see where I had paid any tithing, and I corrected him - I had paid nine dollars, lol.

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 08:17PM

It's been a while since I paid, but you can pay electronically directly to LDS Inc., and (at the time) my bishop had no way to verify, so if I said I was a full tither he had to accept it.

We did it just to get a temple rec to go to daughters wedding.

After that we were done.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 08:41PM

There's an Excellent Way to 'pay less', that is: DON'T PAY AT ALL!

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 08:51PM

+hujo2:
Your paernts want to force you to pay the church? That's bizarre. Are you making a lot of money? You are a teen. Put that money in the bank for your own future.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: June 11, 2020 12:22PM

Yes!

But, it is the member who is being manipulated. Just so that's clear, but you probably already knew that.

Good question! Wish I could have asked it at 9 or 11.

NOTE: In LDS("priest")hood, no matter where or how you "try" to put the money to a good cause, once you give it to a MormonManManipulator, it is gone. Thrown away. WASTED. Down the toilet, where the GAs meat to eat.

The 'Tithing Record's slip you fill, I mean fool, out, says (fine print at the bottom of the slip) that no matter which category you choose to place your money ("donations" - what a lie) in, such as building funD, missionary effortLESS, in-humanitarian aid, covid-19 safety net/ tithing, etc., the 'church' will waste and squander the dough any way they see unfit.

Tell your parents if you have to that you need to save money (10% minimum) and that giving time to the church is more than 10% already...

Give CASH to a family that needs it, a widow, an out of work individual, ANYONE lower in the church, not higher for hire.

Give God - though Mormonism misinterprets and manipulates (intercepts) that $ - your tithing!

When you are 50!
For example-

By then you will have lost and won so many times that 10% would be completely different than it is if you give mormoni your money all your life.

Time is money.
Can't give TSCC both.

Or either one.

P. S. Alternatively, you can send it to me all along (I'll make up some nice teething on tithing receipts) and once you are free again I will send it back to you.

PPS- You could grab a stack of receipts and fill them out on Saturday evenings, or Once A Month, and put 'Salt Lake City' and an address downtown on the envelope, stamp and "seal"and, if you have to (smart), and say you mail it in each Monday, Friday, or whatever your schedule, and you be the bishop and open them on Tuesday or Saturday or whatever you like.

I've got other suggestions. :) Just ask.

Posted by: hujo2MAGA ( )
Date: June 14, 2020 02:54PM

Honestly I'm not making that much money right now- in the future i'll make BANK though cause I'm starting an e commerce. Honestly I'm quite confused by your solution, but I still appreciate your help. I think I'd pay it online, although in cash may be easier to just get counterfeit money. What are your other suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 02:54PM by hujo2.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 11, 2020 07:19PM

Just say "NO". (Don't bother to explain yourself.)

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: June 11, 2020 08:08PM

You'll need to give us details of their audit process. How do they verify your tithing? What documents do they want to see?

Maybe we can design a sham system to satisfy them.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 12, 2020 11:07AM

The mere fact the cult demands teens pay tithing is child abuse.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2020 11:17AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 12, 2020 12:17PM

IIRC we've had stories before from teens who just made token payments -- enough to keep the bishop off of their backs. I think you will need to be the judge of what will work best for you. Do you attend tithing settlement with your family each year? Has your bishop ever questioned your tithing donations? Do your parents closely track your earnings and tithing donations? Etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 12:19PM by summer.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 13, 2020 01:44AM

You are definitely have to find a way to not pay money to the Mormons. Maybe get a whole bunch of those tithing slips and fill them out, "accidently" drop one in the bathroom like it fell out of you pocket. accidently drop slips where your parents might find one,

They will then have a burning in their bussom that there kid is so holy and ever obedient

Give 10 cents here and there for real to your bishop.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 13, 2020 09:49PM

Too bad! Because there's no way you can pay less than me!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.