Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: June 18, 2020 09:02PM

If you're sick and tired of Lori Vallow, then just don't continue reading.

Murder mystery shows and TV Real Crime shows are immensely popular because people are interested. Sometimes it's as simple as wanting to see the bad guy/bad lady get arrested and convicted.

The O.J. Simpson white Bronco slow car chase was one of the most amazing reality TV events in history. They'll be talking about it on the 100th anniversary. The typical crime show takes about 30 or 60 or 120 minutes to lay out the victims, relatives, suspects, twists, surprises and so on. In most shows, the crime is solved at the end.

Lori and Chad may have had a plan a long time ago to never talk to authorities and not answer questions. That's their right I believe. Now that they are both in jail and facing potential long sentences, will they continue to refuse to talk?

Obviously, the defense attorneys are doing their best to get Chad and Lori to talk privately and consider defense strategies.

Will Chad and Lori turn on each other? Will they try to blame the other to save their own skin? **hard to predict**

Could Chad and Lori (perhaps through their attorneys) blame the death of the 2 children on Lori's deceased brother? hmmmmm

Lori's brother died of natural causes. I should say that he allegedly died of natural causes, but I strongly suspect murder and cover up and it was made to look like natural death.

The various deaths of ex-spouses and attempted murder of ex-spouses clearly indicates foul play by Lori and/or Chad. What can be proved? With Lori's brother 6 feet under, it becomes possible to blame a lot of stuff on him. After all, he was essentially a hitman.

How likely is the possible success of an insanity defense by either Lori or Chad? Just because Lori made various rambling claims that people can be overtaken by dark spirits and become living zombies doesn't necessarily make her insane.

I suspect the various crimes, and especially the murder of the 2 kids, will be a really high priority for Idaho officials. They've got to gather a lot of evidence and that could take a lot of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 18, 2020 09:08PM

they'll only file charges on matters that they're prepared <now> to go to court on <now>, it would be a travesty of the legal profession to file charges otherwise AND would very likely result in Not Guilty findings (right to speedy trial).

I like the 'tone' of your post with exception of my above stmnt.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 18, 2020 10:39PM

What if Alex Cox killed all four, Charles Vallow, Tammy Daybell, JJ & Tylee?

Of course the assumption would be was following orders, but how would the assumption be proven? Getting Chad and Lori for 'after the fact' actions will be a hollow victory for those who believe the crimes to be premeditated.

Personally, my only remaining curiosity is the reactions of Chad & Lori after Jesus fails to show up to spring them loose.

Date: June 18, 2020 10:46PM

they may be hoping/praying for an incredible earthquake that nearly destroys the jail and they survive and miraculously escape

too far-fetched even for SciFi

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 01:32AM

I think that’s what they’re counting on. The walls will come tumbling down and they’ll walk right out, stepping over the bodies of the guards. Lori is waiting for the right time to use her god powers.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 10:52AM

Didn't something like that happen to the Apostle Paul?

Date: June 19, 2020 06:05AM

When the world doesn't end neither Lori or Chad will bat an eye.

They will just say that for some unknown reason God in his infinite mercy has extended the timeline so more people can repent and be saved.

I have become an expert on all things Lori and Chad. It is like an addiction. I wish I could let it go but I can't.

My father was an end-of-the-worlder from Springville, Utah. He is buried in the Evergreen Cemetery same as Tammy Daybell.

My mother had a book "When Prophecy Fails," that explained the curious phenomenon of how True Believers react when the world doesn't end.

These people try to warp reality into fitting their beliefs instead of changing their beliefs to fit reality.

At least my father stopped short of killing his children. Maybe the children were blood atoned -- Lori killed them in order to save them.

It is scary what a true believer will do if he truly believes that performing these horrible acts is what God wants.

Anything anybody wants to know about Lori and Chad, just ask me. Chances are I know the answer. This has been like a huge trainwreck that I can't stop watching.

Date: June 19, 2020 10:14AM

Tell me about Alex's widow, whose name he took when they got married...

And why did she lawyer up so quickly and thoroughly?

Date: June 19, 2020 11:14AM

I'll tell you what I know, and what I have managed to piece togetyer.

I managed to access a podcast Zulema had made espousing her new-age "love is the answer" philosophy.

To my surprise, I found myself responding very positively to her. There was something very child-like and happy about her. Of course, I don't know how long ago that podcast was made.

I have read in some posts that Alex was gay. That may explain why his "marriage" with Zulema was such a business like affair.

On the other hand, Zulema's son referred to Alex as his mother's "boyfriend," which must mean they had been seeing each other for a while. The two of them got married shortly before Melanie and Ian got married at a Las Vegas chapel. All Lori's idea. Maybe Lori and Chad got married there too. I'm not sure, but it is a possibility.

One of the strangest things about his death -- Lori was in Hawaii and she had a "feeling" that something was wrong with Alex. She called Zulema to check on him, and Zulema called her son who was at home with Alex at the time. Alex was dying.

I think Lori KNEW Alex would be dying at about that time, so she called Zulema to check on Alex to make sure he was dying, so that if he WASN'T dying, Zulema could do something about it.

I don't believe for one minute that Alex's death was from "natural causes." I don't care what the autopsy report says. Alex started foaming at the mouth whie he was dying. Likewise Tammy Daybell was foaming a pink (blood) colored foam at the time she was dying.

When I researched what foaming at the mouth was indicative of, I learned that it was excessive saliva that had become aerated, and it was a way the body had of getting rid of poison == similar to sweating, or excessive urination. Something is in the body that is toxic, and this is how the body copes.

Lori is pushing the Zulema-Alex marriage, and she KNOWS Alex is going to die soon.

Which, knowing Lori, can only mean someone has taken out a life insurance policy on Alex.

I TOLD you I was well versed in Lori Lore.

By the way EVERYONE in this saga is a good Mormon from a multi-generational Mormon family. Chad never says a word against the LDS hierarchy, and Chad and Lori attend Mormon services in Hawaii because why wouldn't they, because they are both good Mormons.

I think I read somewhere that Chad and Lori met up in the Temple one day and Chad himself performed some kind of ceremony that sealed them for time and all eternity.

Many people have strong opinions on where they will spend eternity.

Date: June 19, 2020 11:33AM

I did not know that Zulema had lawyered up.

Now I have another tidbit to add to my Lori Lore and Chad Chat.

Lori had another brother, Adam, who is a DJ, who chronicled his radio career in a memoir he wronte "My Crazy Radio Life," where he tells about his role in a radio stunt where people were asked to drink large quantities of water, and the one who went the longest without peeing won a prize.

Only one of the contestants died. It is not a good idea to not pee when you need to.

One common thread I have found in Lori and her siblings, is they all like to be the center of attention. Alex was a stand-up commedian, Adam was a DJ, and Lori could get attention any time she wanted to, whether as a high school cheerleader or a jailhouse makeup artist.

One curious thing about Adam the DJ's book, is he admitted that he had only read nine books in his entire life. Really? I mean, the man is in his 50s.

At first I was appalled by the admission, but then it occurred to me how different things might have been if only Lori had never read Chad's books.

So maybe not reading books can be a Good Thing.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 12:53PM

loislane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One curious thing about Adam the DJ's book, is he
> admitted that he had only read nine books in his
> entire life. Really? I mean, the man is in his
> 50s.

Was one The Book of Mormon?

> So maybe not reading books can be a Good Thing.

Would one be The Book of Mormon?

Date: June 19, 2020 01:36PM

The only book he mentioned by name was Howard Stern's memoir.

My goodness, Adam Cox is a Howard Stern wannabe. He worships at the feet of Howard Stern. Howard Stern's memoirs is Adam Cox's bible.

Adam Cox was somehow informed of all the goings=on around Lori. Melanie P mentions him several times in the interview. It's easy to miss because "Adam" and "Alex sound similar. Or sometimes she just mentions "my Uncles," plural.

Adam Cox is DEFINITELY a person who loves to talk about himself. That much was obvious from HIS book. (He only read nine books in his whole life, but he wrote a book of his own, and I'm pretty convinced he didn't use a ghost. This book is too poorly written to be written by anyone but Adam Cox.)

Anyway Adam is NOT talking now.

Maybe he's catching up on his reading.

Date: June 20, 2020 09:57AM

Okay. I found this out about Zulema.

She is from Chile. She has been married five times.

Husband number five was Alex.

She is a gold digger. She stole $10,000 from husband number 4.

I thought she came acorss as sweet and childlike on her podcast, but I am very gullible.

All the women in these cases seem the same. Sweet, deeply religious -- and deadly. Plus none of them have jobs, so what are they going to do for money?

I don't think Zulema would marry a man unless he was rich.
Alex Cox was not rich.
But maybe he was well insured.

Date: June 20, 2020 11:24AM

Wouldn't you love having a chat with the missionaries who converted her?

Date: June 20, 2020 12:07PM

>>>>Wouldn't you love having a chat with the missionaries who converted her?<<<<

Yes, I would.

Presumeably she was converted in Chile, a VERY poor country.

Listening to her podcast, I had no idea she was Mormon. She sounded very new-agey.

She and Lori were friends. Maybe Lori pushed Alex and Zulema together. Lori made telephone contact with Zulema as Alex was dying.

I don't believe in coincidences especially when crime is involved and there are conincidences all over the place in this cse.

Ian and Melani just happened to live across the street from each other. I don't think so. I think they had known each other far longer than the ten days they claim elapsed between meeting and marrying. No, it wasn't like that.

If you watch the Ian-Melani interview, Melani is grasping one arm with the other hand in order to avoid touching Ian.

Likewise Ian does not touch Melanie ever. They seem like two people shoved together for reasons other than love.

But once again, EVERYONE involved in this case is a good mainstream, temple-recommend holding, church-going Mormon.

Now I'm starting to have doubts about Melanie G. JJ went missing when she and her boyfriend were staying with Lori. How much does she REALLY know?

Are all these people REALLY all right about murdering spouses and chidren?

I am a true crime watcher, and often when I watch these cases, I can at least understand the mind and the motives of the murderers.

But I will never be able to wrap my head around this case.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 03:46PM

Melanie is a piece of work. She tries to act as though any normal person could be persuaded to buy into Chad's and Lori's convoluted religion b.s. if they were in the right place to hear it. Anyone much over the age of six who could believe any of that nonsense is missing more than a few marbles.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 18, 2020 11:07PM

My only thought is how glad I am I quit my job at Ricks College (BYU-H) many moons ago. New name. Same horrible vibe.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 11:52AM

What I find interesting is the reports that Chad demanded Tami and her family do more temple work. That requires a temple recommend.

But then there are always posters on the YouTube videos saying they were not mainstream LDS. Trying to distance themselves and saying they are a different cult. How do you hold a recommend and not be a mormon cult member?

It shows how deep and acceptable lying is in the church.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 12:09PM

Mormonism will take gold fillings from any tooth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 12:14PM by kathleen.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 12:54PM

Cheryl ought to tell you about the hidden polygamists in the Mainstream Mormon's midst.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 12:51PM

Charles Vallow tried so hard to obtain help from the GPD.

https://youtu.be/KtEdDQ3psTo

Date: June 20, 2020 05:59AM

ok folks . . . there's some newly released court papers.

I may have some of this information slightly incorrect, but the details will probably be clarified with more news stories over the weekend.

Lori's now-deceased brother, Alex "the hitman" Cox, was the key to finding the 2 kids bodies. Extensive Cox cell phone info analysis seems to be the key. Investigators may have taken a long time, but we should assume that they were working hard on leads from all directions.

There seems to be 2 key dates:
Sept 9, 2019
Tylee would have turned 17 on Sept 24 but it seems like she was murdered earlier that month.
Alex cell phone was active in the middle of the night. He was in his apartment, then in Lori's apartment and active in the middle of the night. When daylight arrived, Alex (through cell phone tracing) was off to Chad Daybell's property and spent 2 and 1/2 hours there. It's possible that Alex "the hitman" Cox (I like saying that) was taking care of the body of Tylee who he murdered under the directions of both Lori and Chad.

A mere 4 minutes after Hitman Cox left the Daybell property, Chad sent a crazy nonsensical text to his wife (who he would later murder). FOUR MINUTES FOLKS! Coincidence or something else? Chad said he spotted a raccoon walking along a fence at noon and shot it dead with one shot. Raccoons rarely go out at noon and walk along a fence. Almost never. They are nocturnal. So that was probably a bogus story. The text said something about burning things in the firepit. But when you're murdering people right and left, there's bound to be a lot of lies and coverups involved.

Chad, by the way, is quite obviously a no-good deviant scumbag murderer who is hoping at this very moment that he will be able to beat all charges. We'll see how it all works out.

Was Alex the hitman Cox controlled by Lori or Chad or both? don't know but I'll bet the authorities are developing theories. I hope they can prove some things.

Sept 22, 2019
This is around the last time JJ was seen alive, and he was probably murdered by Hitman Cox around this time. JJ was known to be in Cox's apartment near the end of his life. Lori and Alex were allegedly heard saying things like JJ is "acting up" and "acting like a zombie". Lori one time said that JJ was possessed by the devil because he knocked a picture of Jesus off the refrigerator.

Lori withdrew JJ from school Sept 24, knowing that the sweet young boy was brutally murdered and a coverup was underway. We can speculate that Lori and/or Chad were figuring out a way to get rid of Alex because he could easily turn on them if he escaped from their "spell".

OK folks - you could have guessed this next part: Cox's phone places him back at the Chad Daybell property for a while near a pond where the body of JJ was eventually found.

Did Lori know that Alex the hitman Cox murdered JJ? come on man . . . of course she knew . . . but can it ever be proven that she ordered the execution of her own son?

Chad Daybell's arrest
Daybell was spotted in his car watching (from a distance) investigators uncover the remains of Tylee and JJ. Good ol' Chad tried to sneak off, but the authorities are no dummies. Chad was spotted and arrested, and it's hard to predict how many crimes he will eventually be convicted of. Did he commit crimes? obviously - - What can they prove?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2020 06:22AM by mrx.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 09:29AM

So it looks like Alex Cox did both killings? How did he die? I read through the charging documents and it looks like law enforcement did a great job of putting the timeline together. I had no idea that cell phones could be traced so accurately.

Assuming that Chad and Lori ordered or consented to the killings, I think the charges against them will still be quite serious.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:18AM

Alex "the hitman" Cox, age 51, was unresponsive on the bathroom floor Dec 12, 2019 and died. He may have complained of chest pains, and may have had a blood clot. He was also foaming at the mouth which can be indicative of some sort of dangerous substance in the body. The death was ruled natural.

What substance can be given to a person to cause chest pains and/or blood clot?

Tammy Daybell's body was exhumed just the day before Alex died, and authorities were highly interested in talking to Alex after they exhumed Tammy. They never got the chance. And the day before Alex died (when he would have probably seemed to be in great health at age 51) Lori said "she had a feeling that something was wrong with Alex and he might die". OK come on . . . these things aren't just coincidental. Something suspicious is going on.

Tammy once wrote on Facebook that a person in hiding fired a shot at her while she was in her driveway. I'd say that Alex "the hitman" Cox was not a very accurate hitman that day.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:35AM

summer Wrote:
> I had no idea
> that cell phones could be traced so accurately.

probably GPS data which is apparently very accurate

Criminals are often not too smart when it comes to cell phones.
One option is to turn the whole thing off during the crime.
But then that becomes suspicious if the phone is otherwise always on.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 10:41AM

Oh, right -- I think I read about GPS in the charging documents. At one point the document stated that they could trace someone's location within, I think, six yards? -- Wow. But at another point in the document they stated that there was a problem with pinpointing location at some point because they were relying on pinging off of cell towers. So maybe they needed to use both?

Date: June 20, 2020 06:18AM

The FBI spent a lot of manpower on this case, and there's a lot more investigating to do.

The FBI agents are no dummies. They are a dedicated, highly-skilled crew, who were determined to find Tylee and JJ. Unfortunately, we all knew that they were probably after the bodies, and not live children.

I hope Chad and Lori get really good lawyers. I don't want any later excuse of poor representation.

Nearly everything will be blamed on Alex. But I have confidence that the FBI, Idaho investigators, DA office, and all involved will do everything in their power to prosecute Lori and Chad for as much wrongdoing as they can prove.

IMHO both Chad and Lori deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison. But this case is way different from the Mark Hofmann case in Utah. It was a slam dunk to put Hofmann away for life. Not so easy to prosecute Lori and Chad.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:08AM

not 'manpower' or 'manhours', use staffing or 'time', the former aren't politically correct / a bit sexist; thank you.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:19AM

How abouot "human power" or "human hours?"

Than kind of gets across not just the effort, but the emotional toll involved in solving this case.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:20AM

. . . how about manpower/womanpower ?

Date: June 20, 2020 10:32AM

why mention gender?

here in the PNW we have police officers & firefighters rather than policemen & firemen; letter carriers rather then mailmen,etc.

it's progress to end stereotyping & gender assignment to past assigned roles & images.

Date: June 20, 2020 10:46AM

you're right

if we expand to
manpower/womanpower/neutralgenderpower
then it's obviously too long and cumbersome

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 11:28AM

GNPE Wrote:
> why mention gender?
>
> here in the PNW we have police officers &
> firefighters rather than policemen & firemen;
> letter carriers rather then mailmen,etc.
>
> it's progress to end stereotyping & gender
> assignment to past assigned roles & images.

That is why a pedophile in Washington can use any restroom it wants. Nothing finer than someone 30 year old with testicles sharing the restroom with an 8 year girl.

Date: June 21, 2020 01:16PM

I'M ONLY referring to language, your (claimed) analogy is non-nonsensical and misses any-all logic.

absurd.

There are ONLY two classes of adults who are FORCED to live here:

prisoners who've committed a crime here (or awaiting trial) and military members on orders of the C in C.

I think your 'analogy' is akin to residents who object to our sales tax, vehicle licensing fees, etc., 'liberal' voting & other politics, (No state income tax!); if they don't like these aspects of living here, Please Move!

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 01:29PM

https://www.ksl.com/article/46767447/shes-unhinged-it-scares-the-crap-out-of-me-new-footage-shows-charles-vallows-concern-for-lori-vallow

GILBERT, Ariz. — Newly released police body camera footage and 911 calls outline how Charles Vallow, Lori Vallow Daybell’s former husband, pleaded with officers to get his wife help.

Footage from the morning of Jan. 31, 2019, shows Vallow talking with Gilbert Police officers outside a hotel about how his wife lost touch with reality. She was expressing strange beliefs and telling people she knew when the Second Coming of Jesus Christ would be happening.

“I tried to support her as much as I could, but it’s gotten really bad lately,” Vallow told officers. “She’s had a break. Says I’m Nick Schneider, I’ve taken over Charles’ body and Charles had been killed.”

It’s unknown who Schneider is, but Vallow says Daybell wants him dead, a story he told officers hours earlier after arriving home from a business trip.

“I never thought she would do anything like this, but she’s just lost touch with reality,” Vallow said. “She’s unhinged. It scares the crap out of me.”

Vallow told police in the earlier exchange that Daybell considered herself a translated being and a God who spoke with an ancient prophet and Jesus Christ daily. He said her strange religious views were several years in the making but became increasingly worse.

Vallow said Daybell told him, “I can murder you now with my powers.”

Date: June 21, 2020 12:39PM

Exactly...good summary. So the Gilbert PD met w/ Vallow, the 16 year old daughter, and Vallow's friend a day AFTER KNOWING ALL OF THIS. The Gilbert PD detective should have questioned Vallow. She was playing the victim card and using her beauty to charm the detective - why in the world wouldn't he ask her, "So your husband says that you consider yourself to be a translated being? By the way, who is 'Scneider'? Do you believe in Zombies? Do you know a Chad Daybell? Do you believe you have been lived other lives?" Charles Vallow's Bishop acted as a witness to the police.

She didn't mention any of this, because she knew as the lying manipulator that she is that she would come across bat shit crazy. It is absolutely baffling that the GPD didn't question her on what Charles Vallow claimed she had been saying. Instead, the detective exclaimed to her, you seem normal to me. Apparently she received a psych evaluation and received a clean bill of health. I bet they didn't question her in the eval.

Date: June 21, 2020 01:19PM

For 'Good' or 'Bad', an individual's beliefs aren't & shouldn't be the subject of a governmental or police investigation....

just like the polygamy cases, Beliefs aren't subject to regulation but actions are.

Date: June 21, 2020 02:49PM

What happened to “If you see something, say something.”?

The police aren’t trained clinicians but they got the job. Maybe those kids are dead because of the way mental illness is handled in this country. If you know someone is a danger to themselves or society, your hands are tied until somebody dies.

Date: June 21, 2020 03:57PM

Perhaps, I believe you are suggesting such questioning would be a violation of her constitutional rights. Maybe that's why they did not. Nevertheless, she threated to destroy and murder Charles in a phone call that was overheard by a credible witness. That should have been at the forefront of their questioning the next day. Truly tragic. That beautiful young lady was just beginning her life, looking into a potential career in public service, and it's extremely just extremely sad for her. How betrayed she must have felt.

Date: June 20, 2020 04:25PM

the HTeachers, Visiting Teachers & Bishop were golfing with POTUS while this was developing.

btw, POTUS cheated on his score when no one was looking.

When asked / confronted, he said he was distracted thinking about Putin & Kim Jong il....

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 10:08PM

This sounds too much like Tiger King meets Ted Bundy with a commercial for Mitt Romney interrupting it.

Someone needs to ring his Daybell while he is in prison.

Date: June 21, 2020 01:21PM

foretelling which should or might happen in the IMW is a crap shoot!

I wonder... what proportion of jail & prison residents are Mormon / LDS, especially Idaho...

we'll probably never know.

Date: June 21, 2020 02:54PM

Apparently the IMW takes crazy to a whole new level. Lori didn’t have to wait for her own planet. She’s there now.

Date: June 21, 2020 04:03PM

This is probably the first in a series of dismal Fathers' Days for Bro. Chad Daybell.

Poor guy just couldn't catch a break.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 21, 2020 04:06PM

Or there's nothing left he hasn't already broken.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.