Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 01:17PM

Do you see what I’m getting at?

Sure, I’m a dreamer...

Bedknob’s much abused wife... How much joy could she gather to herself if she dumped his raggedy-ass, self-absorbed, turdhead presence?

Maybe in the past nobody worried about a GA’s wife going rogue, but as the church has had to react to the satanic notion that women have ”equal rights”, the thought has to have crossed the mind of some attorney at Kirkland-McCostco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2020 01:31PM by elderolddog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 01:25PM

That's a fair question that I haven't seen here before;

do U have any particular, specific information (gossip, rumors, facts) in mind that GA husbands wouldn't wish disclosed?

the possibilities are almost endless, ha ha

IF a GA's wife decided to go rogue, trying to enforce a NDA would in itself be telling if not scandalous!!!

What if, upon hub being selected to be a GA or 12, his wife REFUSED to sign? what would happen then?

(apologize for continuing)

your use of the word 'also' suggests that you know that the GAs 'must' sign an NDA, do U have any evidence of that suggestion - inference?

most members might not understand the reasoning 'necessity' (from ChurchCo's POV) that an NDA suggests (dark secrets)...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2020 01:47PM by GNPE.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 02:16PM

Any woman who has is married to a GA already has willingly put herself in a secondary role, and respects the patriarchy (even though I doubt any of them would describe it that way). For years (or likely, decades) she has done the bulk of the work of taking care of the family while her husband attends meeting after meeting, and travels frequently.

All of these women are likely "church broke," but it would be very interesting if one of them decided to break from the ranks.

Date: June 26, 2020 03:32PM

CP-

I hope you're not suggesting that 'the menfolk' don't get fed up with endless, mostly pointless meetings...

and want to spend more time with children & grandchildren;

OK, Bedknobs is an allowed exception.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 10:35PM

These people are church broke much like a toy poodle but at least toy poodles have much more freedom.

All of their financial support is contingent on the church.

A good example is look at Howard Hunter's wife after his passing the woman got all crazy and started spending non stop. The church intervened paid her credit card bills and not a peep from her since.

While we all know Susan Bednar deserves better she has signed her soul to her husband which also stands in as proxy for Satan in live temple ceremonies.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 27, 2020 11:07AM

Date: June 27, 2020 11:47AM

I see your point, but at some point doesn't the emphasis on rituals (annointings, sacrament, other temple, blessings, etc) wear on some minds as a distraction away from Christ-like living / the basics of Honesty, Kindness, etc.?

I'm sure it does, bc that's what happened to me!

Date: June 27, 2020 11:48AM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 27, 2020 11:49AM

Sure, why not?

After all, look how the basic temple ordinances and sealings worked so well to keep all of us in line!

I'm just dreaming out loud, wondering what would happen if a GA's wife woke up...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 27, 2020 12:30PM

Do we know this for a fact? I'd appreciate anything that fills in the outline. We know about the 2nd anointing, and have some of the details, but there's nothing, I believe, that has been officially divulged. Most of what we get is from Tom Philips and other such sources that can be disavowed by tCoJCoLdS, or simply ignored ("I don't believe we teach that").

I wonder where official LDS stops and popular LDS begins. So: sources and details, if possible, and thanks!

Date: June 27, 2020 03:25PM

to me, when a leader tells a member to (x), that's official bc that's what leaders are supposed to do.

when a parent tells a child to look both ways before crossing the street, is that any less 'official' than being told to take & pass the sac with your right hand, to pay your tithing, attend the temple?

it all depends on Context.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 27, 2020 06:05PM

I've wondered the same thing for the same reason. I've known Susan Bednar personally but no longer have contact with her. I'd love to ask her that question. When I knew her she was pretty vocal about things she didn't like about her husband's job at Ricks College (this was before it was BYU-I). The way she looks now I cannot believe she has much freedom of speech.

I think someone here once said she spends a lot of time visiting her sons and is away from Pickles as much as possible. Don't blame her if it's true.

Obviously the powers that be have noticed his coldness towards her. In recent videos he now has his arm around her whenever a camera is aimed at them. It always looks staged rather than affectionate to me. And I never saw them touching at Ricks.

Posted by: Bedheadnar ( )
Date: June 28, 2020 12:13AM

If the above post is true about Susan Bednar, I also feel sorry for her children. I’ll bet they have “issues” because of the way they were raised.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.