Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smac1974 ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 04:47PM

Years ago, there was a thread started asking if anyone kept journals. In it, there was a discussion regarding V. Dallas Merrill of the Quorum of the 70 who abusively violated the rights of missionaries serving in the Australia, Melbourne mission in 1995. A story was shared about how he spoke to our mission with rage and publicly humiliated a large group of missionaries. I was one of the 5 missionaries who he sent home for no reason. Actually, he went through my luggage looking for a reason to send me home. He found nothing. But that didn’t stop him from accusing me of sex before my mission, being gay and at the height of his tirade, he accused me of being a pedophile because he found a picture of me with a primary class I had taught for 6 months. 2 of the other Elders from that mission who were sent home and I have created a podcast appropriately named “The Underground” because that was what we had been accused of creating while serving in Melbourne. We are finally telling our story on a grand stage. We want to expose the brutal tactics that Merrill displayed and hope to encourage anyone else who has gone through similar experiences to use their voices and speak up. Here is the link to our YouTube channel. Tomorrow, the Fourth of July, marks the 25 year anniversary of the day we returned to the U.S.A. Having endured the nightmare that was a priesthood leader on a power trip, we look forward to sharing our own personal insights of the experience that exposed the damage that can be caused when someone doesn’t understand the meaning of Christ like love.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjzx_W8NWLAOSxbpxbbA0Mw

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TIKBALANG ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 08:39PM

You can't expect anyone or anything related to the Mormon church to be Christ like.....they are not a Christian Religion....remember the doctrine of Blood Atonement....you can't claim to be Christian when you deny the very basic belief that all Christians adhere to and that is that Christ paid for the sins of all mankind.....no need for any Blood Atonement...........so since they're not Christian....don't expect them to have Christ like love.

Remember the answer to the question; If you call a dogs tail a leg...then how many legs does a dog have? It only has four legs....just cause you call his tail a leg...it's still a tail....sooooo..just cause a Mormons says they're Christian....need I say more.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 09:01PM

There must be two mormons named "V. Dallas Merrell"!

And I could only find info on one of them, the one who was perfect his entire life...

https://www.jenkins-soffe.com/obituaries/Victor-Dallas-Merrell?obId=4196985

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 09:30PM

Did you plant a tree in his memory?

Posted by: Warren jeffs ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 10:34AM

Dallas Merril presented a porcelain doll as a gift to a government official and leader of the parliament in Perth in 1994.It was because the church had involvement in 1994 Year of the Family event and commitee.

Posted by: beardedatBYU ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 03:58PM

Wow! He visited my mission in 1992 and did a similar thing. Luckily I wasn't in his sights. I don't remember the exact number of missionaries he sent home but it was more than 5 and one was an AP. He sent them home for forming a secret combination. It was so stupid and crazy. I thought the guy was a royal prick. Of course he will never be made to account for his behavior.

The other GA that visited was Gene R Cook. That guy should have been institutionalized. He was seriously nuts. We had to stand at attention and shake his hand a certain way. He reviewed us not dissimilar to a general inspecting troops. It was weird.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 01:35AM

Posted by: warren jeffs ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 09:23AM

I remember reading the local news section of the Ensign magazine in 1995.It had an article and picture of a Dallas Merril attending a special fireside meeting in Perth.A non Mormon government minister and official from Perth called Roger Nicholls was honoured in front of the Mormon crowd at the stake centre.Dallas Merril presented a porcelain doll to Mr Nicholls as a reward fro his commitment to traditional family values.1994 was the International Year of the Family.The mormon church had involvement with events and a Mormon called Donald Cummings was the committee chairman for events for the year of the family in 1994.He ( Dallas Merril) made himself out to be a great guy promoting family values,yet treated missionaires like scum and criminals it seems.

Posted by: Bell Pepper ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 10:06AM

What he is supposed to have said was defamation and legally actionable.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.