Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 08:37AM

If the “power of the priesthood” can’t vanquish COVID, what good is it? Over half a million people have died, and millions more are infected.

Why doesn’t the prophet use his powers to squelch it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2020 08:37AM by left4good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 08:42AM

Because those men are useless idiots. That’s why they were chosen by God to lead the church.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 12:03PM

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 10:35AM

In my 84 years on this planet I have never personally witnessed anyone cured by "priesthood blessing" from a disease from which they would not have otherwise recovered !
There is no curative power therein vested.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 10:47AM

One time as a teen I got a concussion when I hit my head on some cement and had the misfortune to happen to wake up just as my Dad and neighbor finished the blessing. I became the poster child for the Power of the Priesthood.

Even I didn't believe it at the time and I believed everything. I felt nothing special. After I left the church they reminded me of this as proof that their church was true. OMG.

My dad said the strongest he ever felt the priesthood was when he ordained me an Elder before my mission. While he was doing it I was thinking very strongly, "Please let me feel something." I didn't.

It's all just wishing and hoping so hard you end up kidding yourself.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:12AM

Some people are just full of the woo.

I think for them it's real.

I felt it as a 13 year old and a 14 year old--by 15 it was a nope so I just blamed myself after that.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:50AM

Muggles.

/s

Date: July 22, 2020 12:46PM

So I was born as a muggle into a magical family?

Man, that is apologetics at its finest! Who needs J.K. Rowling when you've got Joseph Smith?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:19AM

Its a placebo, nothing more.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:19AM

Wild Moon Bear bile cures COVID. It is recognized as helpful by The Chinese Government. About as powerful as Mormon Priesthood.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:44AM

Fasting is a good alternative to the power of the priesthood because it cured the Covid-19 pandemic back in 2020.

Wait. What?

Oh, that's right, Brother Atkins in Provo snuck a pack of Hostess Cupcakes and a Cactus Cooler and God was so pissed at that unfaithful bastard that He didn't do a thing.

Date: July 22, 2020 11:51AM

Here's a question: if a mormon paramedic shows up at a car wreck, does he administer a priesthood blessing or get right to work using the latest life-saving techniques?

Oh, that's right, *God* has blessed the world with the latest life-saving techniques, not because *humans* are are using their brains and always searching for a better way to do things, but because God doles out the goodies on reveals things on His own timeline.

So it's all God, no matter what. Back to church.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 11:49AM

On the other hand, Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen will cause you to kill people.

Remember the guy who ate a bunch of Dilly Bars in Sandy, UT and went across the way to the hospital and killed a bunch of people?

Dilly Bars must be from the Devil!

Date: July 22, 2020 11:53AM

Well, he couldn't use the Twinkie Defense then.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 12:36PM

'Your results may vary; If this is a life-threatening emergency, hang up and call 9-1-1-'

"Off-label uses & applications are a violation of Federal Laws"

'In case of ingestion, call your Poison Control Center, 9-1-1-, or proceed to a hospital emergency facility'

'For skin or eye contact' rinse with distilled water for 15 minutes than call your physician / health care provider'

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 04:47PM

While I was a counselor in a bishopric, I helped the bishop give a ton of blessings. I would annoint and he would seal and pronounce. Every time he would include a little blurb about the importance of seeking medical attention. He would proclaim that the lord would heal them and to see a doctor. Oh, he also said, "according to your faith."

What a scam. The doctor heals the patient and the priesthood gets the credit. The patient dies and it's because they lacked faith.

Date: July 22, 2020 05:42PM

I heard those same disclaimers a lot during blessings. The Power of the Priesthood comes with a lot of small print.

The devil is in the details.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: July 22, 2020 10:44PM

Someone needs to invent some arm extensions so social distancing can be maintained during blessings.

Posted by: Ervil Lebaron ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 04:05AM

Kenneth Copeland made a public claim to destroy covid 19.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.