Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thegoodman ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 08:54AM

So, I stumbled into exMormon territory from a Jimmy Snow video and he seemed a little bitter and angry for my tastes. I understand being angry, I am too, but more, I like videos where they talk with optimism and relief about moving on("Thank the Lord it's not true!") and go over evidence of the bad things about the church.

I like Exmo Lex. Her and her husband are very charming and upbeat and they present the evidence for bad history and prophet inconsistencies in an easy and friendly manner.

It's Me Jessie also is a great channel that covers all the false information in the church and uses even church sources to show inconsistencies. I never realized how much previous prophets(just from the last 50 years!) contradict prophets during my life. Like not just small changes but full on doctrine altered.

Who do you watch? Do you have any recommendations for someone trying to dive deeper into evidences against the mormon church and religion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 09:29AM

There was a thread on RFM about It's Me Jessie last year.
https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2207051,2207051#msg-2207051

Comments from Mormons on her channel are interesting. Many are very angry at her, some downright rude and abusive.

Posted by: thegoodman ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 09:38AM

I don't doubt it. Everyone reacts differently to having the programming challenged. My experience in the church is that it encouraged a subversion of my identity to become a child of God(by their definition) and nothing else. So, things that challenge this doctrine are also challenging the identity of members. It's an existential crisis.

She's a great content creator, very articulate, and even though she is breaking down doctrine and lies with facts, I find that she's not offensive or insulting.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.