Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 03:55PM

I posted this a long time ago but it is a good read into the mind of JS. Back in the 19th people relied on the honesty of a person. But today there is no excuse to belong to the fraud of the LDS cult. Wake up TBMs you have been duped like the rest of us were.

--
The cool impudence of this imposture amused me very much. "This," said he, "was written by the hand of Abraham and means so and so. If anyone denies it, let him prove the contrary. I say it." Of coarse [course], we were too polite to prove the negative,1 against a man fortified by revelation.

Again: If anyone denies it, let him prove the contrary - Easily proved a fraud in 2020 -

http://www.boap.org/LDS/Early-Saints/CFA.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thegoodman ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 04:07PM

Definitely a big point of proof for me. Everywhere in the heading of the Book of Abraham and in old journal entries from J.S. it says he TRANSLATED it from the papyri that he acquired. There is no amount of Mormon apologetics that try to push "revelation" or "inspired" as a correction that will put the genie back in the bottle. You can't pray to know something is true when the guy himself said he TRANSLATED it from an actual set of written down characters and was proven incorrect.

Date: August 04, 2020 05:59PM

One of MANY absolute silver bullets to prove once and for all that JS was a complete fraud IS the BOA.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 04:26PM

JUST OUT...THIS IS A MUST SEE...MORMON STORIES #1339...ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!

Perhaps it just might be the "final nail in the coffin" for your fence-sitting TBM friends & family!

Featuring: Dr. Robert Ritner - An Expert Egyptologist's View of Joseph Smith's Book of Abraham...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNYUyHg3pY

Or so it seems to me...

Date: August 04, 2020 05:56PM

Thanks for the link this should be posted on the main page? Excellent!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 06:13PM

Agreed. BeenThere, please consider starting a new thread on that subject?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.