Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: August 06, 2020 03:03AM

I people wonder why I despair for the future of this country.

https://kutv.com/news/local/ammon-bundy-tells-crowd-in-orem-to-resist-mask-mandates

This is what the abandonment of reason looks like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 01:08AM

Bundy-Common Sense....mutually exclusive.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 02:32AM

He's obviously got a public following and very possibly a future in politics, assuming he stays out of jail.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 03:56AM

His wife Peg is the smart one.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 04:02AM

I still don't know which right is being infringed when the state says, "Wear a mask, people."

Maybe there's a penumbra of spittle or something.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 09:04AM

Hopefully all of the mask-deniers will also be the people who are anti-vax. I would like their dose of Covid vaccine when it comes around.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 09:25AM

I’m pretty sure that the Venn diagram of anti-maskers and anti-vaxers is an almost complete overlap.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 10:49AM

I didn't know there were so many pro-choicers in Provo for post-birth abortion (or whatever they call it).

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 10:37PM

when they require something, you say, ‘No way, that is my right, not yours,'" Bundy said.

Yeah! It's my RIGHT to decide if I pay taxes or not, not theirs! Every year I write on my Form 1040:

"Dear government cowards, I am choosing to exercise my right to refrain from paying your HOAX tax bill. It's my right as an Uhmerican.

Signed,
Anziano Young
Federal Correctional Institution
Pekin, IL"

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 09:50AM

Many years ago, a prominent member of my ward went to prison for basically doing just that.

He sent in a tax return every year, but instead of filling it out, he just wrote “I Object” in big letters.

He was quite a misogynist (even by Mormon standards). After getting out of prison, he joined a splinter group that practiced polygamy.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 11:55AM

Even though I see no empirical evidence that mask wearing has a positive benefit, rather than stir defication deposits I'll just go along and wear one. I don't see where it actually hurts anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 11:57AM by thedesertrat1.

Date: August 08, 2020 01:37PM

I have one small issue with your post. Health professionals wear masks and other additional equipment when dealing with highly contagious diseases and they are able to survive, in most cases, in that environment. I'm sure that those procedures are by design and not by accident. I believe that a thorough review of medical literature would highlight that fact and you would be able to find your empirical evidence. In most cases such as an emergency such as this I would be inclined to follow the advice of those that are familiar with the data rather then spending the time to research it on my own.

Paradoxically, why would anyone listen to Ammon Bundy over the advice of a trained health professional?

Date: August 08, 2020 01:43PM

And people wear them in the OR to help maintain the sterile field. So there's that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 07:06PM by Beth.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 07:58PM

The dutch can't find any significant p rd oof that masks are effective at stopping the spread if it isnt n95 or above.

Cloth masks just keep your sneeze ooze close to your face to breath back in all day

Date: August 08, 2020 08:17PM

I'd rather someone sneeze in a mask than in my face. But that's just me.

Date: August 08, 2020 08:30PM

Roger that. When we go back to school, the masks along with other safeguards might be what saves teachers. In previous years, I've had young children inadvertently sneeze directly into my face. This is the one year when that cannot happen.

Date: August 08, 2020 04:49PM

Mask wearing provides a lot of benefit to other people, and at least some benefit to yourself. If everyone in your community is wearing a mask while out and about in stores, etc., it will probably help a great deal.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 05:43PM

He is in the running for King Covidiot.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 07:55PM

I hope the mask thing goes away quick.

I dont want to be told covid is everywhere from fake news. So lame. Wear the mask if you have co-mobidities or concerns. I want to get back to normal soon enough and not this bs "new normal" non sense.

150k dead. Just a statistic.
Sucks for anyone that loses a loved one. But it is no different than any other fatality that is way higher than covid concerns.

Date: August 08, 2020 08:14PM

> 150k dead. Just a statistic.

Yup, Phazer said that.

Posted by: Dan "The Man" Patrick ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 10:07PM

There are more important things than lives.

Why does it matter how many people die as long as Phazer and Free Man don't suffer any inconvenience?

Date: August 08, 2020 10:32PM

I think they should volunteer to dig graves.

Date: August 08, 2020 10:55PM

COVID so far: 162,000+ deaths

That's only 1.5 times the US deaths in World War One and not even 3 times as many as in the Vietnam War. It's only 36 times the American deaths in the Iraq War.

Why should we worry about a mere 162,000 lives? I mean seriously, how many Americans have ever heard of Vietnam or First World War?

That's what I want to know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 10:57PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: August 08, 2020 11:02PM

Compare the death rate of the United States with the Netherlands:
https://worldcoronastatistics.com/

My suggestion Phazer, don't wear a mask.

Posted by: Henry B. Eyeroll ( )
Date: August 09, 2020 03:54AM

This is in the running for biggest asshole post ever on RfM.

The max capacity for a Boeing 747 is 496 passengers. At the current rate of ~1000 deaths/day from Covid, that's two fully loaded airplane crashes in the US *per day*. But to the likes of Phazer, that's just a statistic.

As of this writing, Covid deaths totaled 162,425. That would make Covid City the 158th largest city in the US, just ahead of Jackson, Mississippi. Just a statistic.

Covid has already become the third leading cause of death in the US. Only heart disease and cancer outrank it, and neither of those are contagious.

The virus *IS* everywhere, Phazer, whether you believe it or not. With your attitude, you too may become "just a statistic."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.