Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 04:21PM

Being inspired from other sites I've seen, and from the fascinating personal research I've done finding the most original sources of information on the church, I decided to indulge my desire to create a website of my own with raw information - no commentary - and direct links to the original sources. That way people could see the original statement without a lens, and have a direct and easy way to verify it without going out and buying a mound of books (which they should do, eventually, if they're still interested in the history).

I know, the site has zero formatting. Even the quotes are not arranged in a visually-accommodating manner. I intend to fix all that. And there's hardly anything there yet - I just barely started the other day.

But let me know if this is something you find interesting or useful, or if I'm just re-inventing the wheel and should stop wasting my time. At the very least it has been fun for me, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings to learn that it's useless.

www.fullerconsideration.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 04:24PM

The wheel is a marvelous thing that never can be invented to often.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 04:34PM

The better. Can't have too many...

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 04:46PM

This is a GREAT idea. I get frustrated trying to wade through various sources. But most of all, by not having commentary but just raw data, even TBMs cannot say it's an anti site and refuse to look at it. It makes it seem more intellectual and less inflammatory or emotion-based. We can simply explain to them that it's a great reference directory to all the historical docs and other original sources. In other words, it will point them in the right direction without giving them any reason to accuse it of being of the devil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 04:47PM by AngelCowgirl.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 05:21PM

Bravo. It's a great idea. Keep adding to it. It looks to be a wonderful resource for all of us.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 05:40PM

To be fair I'm trying to include sources used by Fair and FARMS, but I can only take it so far. For instance, in the evidence in favor of religious excitement in 1820 they cite various cities outside a 50-mile radius that experienced such a revival. But I can't really add those to my site, because there is nothing to link those revivals to the one described by Joseph and his family. If they can show me a source that indicates that the people of those towns knew the Smith family at the time, then I'll include it.

I too am hoping to avoid the label of "anti-mormon site" that scares off so many people.

Posted by: losinglisa ( )
Date: June 30, 2011 06:32PM

What a great idea - I'm always jotting down thoughts and quotes and facts I hear - it's great that you're putting yours all in one place where you can share them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.