Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: afraid of the boogie brethren ( )
Date: September 06, 2020 10:12PM

Here's an odd question...as one of those teenagers who so foolishly joined TSCC back in their day, why do you think they age so badly? I know I am being nasty asking that but really....is it good clean living or what? A video popped up on my FB yesterday and so I watched some of it. Jay is only 2 years older than me and looks really terrible. And yes I will always like them, just not their SCC. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 06, 2020 10:22PM

Interesting comment; show biz isn't always an easy rope to pull, it puts a lot of strain on a person in their prime years, kinda like athletes who know that individuals strength & coordination, etc. often fade quickly.

So, it's a race to make lots of appearances (recordings, tours, etc.) will the grass is growing.

Double that if you're writing your own material...

Posted by: afraid of the boogie brethren ( )
Date: September 06, 2020 10:27PM

Yes, most likely and a lot of it is hereditary I would think. Its sad really,I don't think anyone wants to look old before their time.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 06, 2020 11:04PM

Many mormons follow an unhealthy diet that is loaded with sugar, starches, sodium and fat. They fall into it because they follow the church's health code to a tee. So heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol sneak up on them because they can't see how unhealthy mormon cuisine can be.

Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: September 06, 2020 11:27PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 07, 2020 02:03AM

I think it is largely hereditary. At both my 25th and 50th HS reunions, some of the people were clearly recognizable as who they were in high school, and some I would not have had a clue who they were without the name tag, which included yearbook photo.

My dad was 90ish and still was not completely gray. I have very little gray at 70ish. Pure luck of the draw.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 08, 2020 09:11PM

On a tangent thread...I just saw Marie on a Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes commercial. She just quit "The Talk" after only a year. Lots of speculation around that including her discomfort about some of the topics that were discussed on that show. But the whole "to spend more time with my family" reason doesn't really fly.

Between her nutri system commercials and now this one, she can probably semi-retire and stop the non-stop grind of a full time gig.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 04:44PM

The show was probably not a good fit for her, and there's no harm in that.

At age 60, and with a reported net worth of about $25 million, Marie can retire whenever she wishes, or not. She probably likes to work and stay busy, and can always dial it back whenever it suits her.

Posted by: Katie ML ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 10:02AM

In my personal opinion Marie did not fit in with those "ladies" at THE TALK. I don't blame her for not being comfortable with some of their subjects and asking her point blank (first of all) what her thoughts were. Sharon was also very rude to Marie more than once. I think Marie has way too much class to sit on a panel with those people. She will do much better away from that scene. I wish Marie much success in future projects.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 05:12PM

I don't watch a lot of Sharon, but whenever I've seen her on TV, I've found her to be warm and kind. It could be that Marie rubbed her the wrong way, and that happens.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 05:09AM

Sharon is funny and warm, but she also doesn't take a lot of shit...

Actually, this was one of my favorite auditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWNK92S2U0&t=76s

And let's not forget her turn on Charm School. It got Jerry Springerish in a hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFomAL9ruqE

She's a trip.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 02:43PM

Being fat and being bald will make you look old and unattractive.

Sad but true.

If you want to look young, don't get fat, exercise regularly, buy a really good hairpiece, and consider the odd nip and tuck.

Or even the ones that aren't odd.

Watch your posture, try not to shuffle when you walk, and NEVER bring up stuff your listeners won't be able to remember, like Watergate, Patty Hearst, The Osmond Brothers and all that stuff that seemed so important at the time.

One day we will look back at the mess this country is in and say, "It seemed important at the time."

If you are looking for a set of easy-to-do exercises that are supposed to reverse the aging process, check out the Five Tibetan Rites. If you seek immortality, check out the Sixth Tibetan Rites, but you have to be celibate for it to work.

Maybe the Osmond Brothers never heard of the Five Tibetan Rites, but if they are reading these words, I just told them.

Posted by: notmonotloggein ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 03:07PM

Do NOT buy a hairpiece.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 05:04PM

> If you seek immortality, check
> out the Sixth Tibetan Rites, but
> you have to be celibate for it
> to work

What about 99% celibate? Can you become immortal, minus a week?

I gotz ta know!

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 05:38PM

Actually, there is a little wiggle room in the instructions. It says something like "mostly celibate," or some such thing.

Which makes sense. If you are going to go around being immortal, and then you have babies because you were not celibat, and THOSE babies become immortal, and then THOSE babies have immortal babies -- well, you see the problem.

If the wages of sin is death, the price for immortality is celibacy.

I have been celibate for YEARS, but if the waiter is cute, I do a little flirting and leave a nice tip, so there's that. I am not sure what the mysterious author meant by "mostly celibate," and I am not even sure what he means by "celibate." Like is it enough that you just don't have sex, or does flirting count?

There is a lot of mysstery surrounding the Five Tibetan Rites, and the sixth rite is supposed to be a secret reserved for the very elite, but in the age of YOUTUBE there are no secrets.

I will say this on the mundane every-day level -- when I do the rites I have a better day, I am less creaky, less freaky and less cranky. There is definitely something going on.

I haven't done the Sixth Rite yet. I am waiting to make up my mind if I want to be immortal.

Posted by: RavenQuoth ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 10:32PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > If you seek immortality, check
> > out the Sixth Tibetan Rites, but
> > you have to be celibate for it
> > to work
>
> What about 99% celibate? Can you become immortal,
> minus a week?
>
>
> I gotz ta know!

Answer: If you don't stay celibate, you're screwed.

Date: September 22, 2020 10:38PM

Well done!!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 11:42PM

You are SO outclassed!

Date: September 22, 2020 11:49PM

I KNOW!!!

I'm stalling for time to get my mojo to go-go!

Date: September 22, 2020 11:51PM

Just get out your old BoM and thumb through the photos of juiced hunks that grace its pages. You'll be your old self in no time!

Date: September 22, 2020 11:52PM

Mostly my problem is that I AM an 'old self'.

Date: September 22, 2020 11:54PM

Hence the prunes, I guess?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 11:21AM

TMI.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 11:37PM

hehehe

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 11:39PM

loislane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you seek immortality...

Aren't all TBMs immortal?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 04:04PM

This is turning into the best (and funniest ;-) Osmond thread ever ;-D.

Posted by: ApostatePokerClub ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 06:21PM

I am sure Marie has had a lot of work done because well, she can afford it. Nurtisystem pays her a shiz ton to keep her weight off. She looks FANTASTIC for 60 and man...I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating cookies.

Posted by: Cassandra Doomsayer ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 05:18AM

By way of comparison, here's a clickbaity link of what the cast of the Waltons looked like then and now. Let's just say some aged better than others.

https://www.pastfactory.com/uncategorized/the-waltons-then-and-now/

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 07:57AM

I’m 65...trust me...your day is coming too. It’s depressing as hell. Donny still looks pretty good (love his voice, but not his beliefs).

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 11:04AM

The result of so much polygamous inbreeding from the past?

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 08:51PM

Both George and Olive aged well. I reckon the gene pools of both parents have something to do with the Appearance of the well preserved members of the family.

Posted by: notmonotloggein ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 10:45PM

In fact, she looked older way before her time.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 11:49PM

She looked the same age for a long time. Matronly but certainly not old or worn out...

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: December 13, 2020 07:17PM

I am inclined to agree. She seems to have been the family source of that turkey wattle neck that will hyper-age anyone.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 13, 2020 07:48PM

I admit that Marie looks a lot better than I do.

Posted by: ufotofuNLI ( )
Date: December 13, 2020 10:15PM

Maybe it's their blood line
Never wait in line

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.