Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 03:48PM

Are these guys mormons?

The Kids in the Hall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Spg84eNDU

Go to 6:00

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 03:55PM

Looks to be a parody of organized religion.

Posted by: RavenQuoth ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 12:44AM

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, yes they are Mormons. It's impossible for that to be a generic parody of religion in general.

(Of course the actors don't have to be Mormons, that's none of my business, but clearly it says "Mormons" in the script.)

Date: October 03, 2020 02:13PM

+RavenQuoth:
How did you get access to the script?

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:14PM

They are Canadians, which is probably the Next Best Thing.

Posted by: Flibbertygibbet ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 05:00PM

What the flibbertygibbet did I just watch?

Date: October 11, 2020 12:20AM

+Flibbertygibbet:
"What the flibbertygibbet did I just watch?"

==LOL. Yes, I know it is weird. It comes from 1992 or so. They were a canadian sketch comedy team.
All their sketches are extremely bizarre.

Their show was called The Kids In The Hall. The show also appeared in the USA on Comedy Central or is it called the Comedy Network.

Also, they are a team of 5 guys They often dress up as women. Once in a while, they play gay guys. One of them is actually gay: Scott Thomson.
One of the funniest sketches is called 555-JERK. It has something to do with homosexuality.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 11, 2020 06:28AM

I LOVE The Kids in the Hall! They used to be on HBO before they were on Comedy Central.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: October 11, 2020 09:24PM

Of course they aren't mormon. I've watched Kids in the Hall for years...they are Canadian, nothing more. This clip with some guys in white shirts and ties behind a priest, really you think it signifies mormons?

Date: December 04, 2020 04:52PM

txrancher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

“Of course they aren't mormon. I've watched Kids in the Hall for years...they are Canadian, nothing more.”

==You mean the actors? I know that Dave Foley is an atheist. I don’t know about the other actors on KITH.

Source:
Dave Foley on Atheists - Dave Foley: Relatively Well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7f2eXQxfHk
By Comedy Dynamics
Length = 6:34

@ 0:00 He says he is an atheist. That atheists have 0 political power in the USA. That atheists are essentially viewed as garbage and not as human beings.

@ 4:15 He starts talking about mormons. He says that mormons believe in another Jesus who is soy based. Mormons were converting dead jews into mormonism. The jewish community heard about this and they protested. He says relax jews, they can’t do, they don’t have the power.

“This clip with some guys in white shirts and ties behind a priest, really you think it signifies mormons?”

==It’s unclear. One guy has a collar. He says that sexboy is somewhere on the other side of our big sticks. I think that is a catholic christian thing.
The boys are wearing a cravate and white shorts and black pants. That seems to be a mormon thing to me. The main priest sounds like a TV evangelist type.

RavenQuoth says:
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, yes they are Mormons. It's impossible for that to be a generic parody of religion in general.

(Of course the actors don't have to be Mormons, that's none of my business, but clearly it says "Mormons" in the script.)

~~~~iceman9090

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.