Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luvlyldy ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 01:21AM

So I’ve already posted a few times on this board had nothing but nice replies and positivity so thanks everyone! As an ex Mormon I’m kinda the type to shy away from discussing much about Mormonism . I just don’t get the point nor wanna waste my time or energy on it.!I’m an ex Mormon because I resigned and don’t believe any of it end of story! I do however understand some people need to heal and we all heal differently.
That being said I joined a Reddit ex Mormon chat and the people hardly answered me or even acknowledged me in the room. They were too busy talking about general conference! Anyways just a little rant some people go a little overboard on Mormonism after they quit. It gets to be a bit much for me I kinda want to steer away from the church not focus my energy on worrying about general conference or whatever. I guess I don’t fit in with ex members! So now I don’t fit in with members or ex ones! *sigh*. it’s ok I joined these things for a supportive community but didn’t work out! Last post for me probably. I’m gonna forget mormons and forget ex Mormon sites and refrain from focusing on that stupid church! Not worth my time or yours either! I want freedom! Ty everyone for taking the time to read this and for any and all replies on this post and others! Good night

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 12:02PM by luvlyldy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 01:49AM

if it's the truth it's not bashing.

Date: October 04, 2020 01:57AM

You are very correct it’s not! I’m not trying to insult anybody here!

Date: October 04, 2020 12:03PM

Btw I don’t see hardly any bashing of Mormons on this particular website so edited bashing to discussing lol

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 02:07AM

I went 10 years living my life without the need of approval both mormons and exmos. I only started sharing here because I think my experiences may help others who have had pain and terrible experiences.

There is not a single way to recover. Some of us have no trouble moving on quickly. Some of us take more time and a few of us struggle forever; the church's barbs run too deeply.

Some of us look for other churches, some of us worship in our minds and some of us choose not to believe in anything. And it's all okay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 02:08AM by messygoop.

Date: October 04, 2020 02:13AM

yes I agree I healed fast because I was inactive for 20 years before and so quitting was not a big deal had only been going back to church for one year!
I don’t know why I ranted like that maybe Reddit people upset me that bad!

Date: October 04, 2020 02:18AM

Im sorry everyone for being judgmental you have every right to discuss the church and it’s members! I was just offended! Going to leave original post up though because I do honestly think some have an unhealthy obsession! Good night

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 02:37AM

You don't come off as judgmental.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:30AM

who among us would notice / discern such a phenom?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 11:31AM

It is possible to be very selective about which posts we read. If "bashing" is what you need to recover then bash away, If I don't want to read it I don't have to.
I personally feel that bashing is counter productive. But that is my take and it may not help you recover whatsoever.
So do what helps you.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 11:49AM

ChurchCo has dug itself into a hole, most of us are either spectators or selling popcorn to the spectators...

This is much like the current POTUS whose positive influence in the world is tanking but he continues to excite / inspire his base; EXACTLY like pres. Trump.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 11:52AM

Right here
Get your peanuts--popcorn--cracker jacks.
buy em now before I sell out!!

Date: October 04, 2020 11:58AM

Lol that’s kinda funny! Made me laugh thanks

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 12:22PM

I didn't post here until 20 plus years after I left the church.

I didn't realise i had a few deeply hidden issues and being here helped me vent where I couldn't vent otherwise.

I have been fortunate in my life to have many friends that were never mormon. Religion almost never comes up. I know some mormons where religion is all they talk. I can't deal with them.

Each of us is unique. We heal in different manners. I wish you health and happiness and hope you find a new batch of friends that you are comfortable with.

Remember you can always come back. We're not an all or nothing group.

Posted by: notmonotloggein ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 12:25PM

He's never visited this site and doesn't feel the need.

Me, the nevermo half of our marriage has been posting off and on here since 1997.

Go figure.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:47PM

On a golf outing to St. George with the guys, I asked one of the cart guys, "When do you leave on your mission?"

He laughed. "Been there, done that, got the dysentery." When I started to commiserate with him, he waved me off. "I'm fine now, and I quit the church."

I invited him to join us here and he said that he is getting on with his life just fine and he never thinks about the church unless someone, like me, brings it up. He said it was like a real bad case of the flu; you feel like total crap while you have it, but you never think about it again after you get well.

I wonder if maybe the majority of us here are cursed with either a "warning" gene or a "revenge" gene?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 04:59PM

We're like the ex-Mormon immune system: We make sure we keep memories and tools active to prevent reinfection. We spread those anti-Mormon antibodies and provide the vaccine.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:39PM

I was semi-obsessed with it for some time. I have become very matter-of-fact about the church, and, while I do not try to convert my wife or family members, when they talk about something that I also have experience with or know about, I also enter into the conversation and just say honest, truthful things about the church.

I was on a walk with an adult daughter and DW, and they got to talking about why and how Mormons became so politically conservative. They are both progressive liberals, despite their otherwise fairly over-the-top Mormon qualities, so it the rabid conservatism of Mormons, especially the Utah Mormons, flummoxes them.

I told my daughter that it had decades to do with leaders like Ezra Taft Benson, Joseph Fielding Smith, and Bruce R. McConkie, among many others, who preached about the "Red Menace," who promised nuclear war with the Soviet Union, who blasted Martin Luther King, Jr. as a "communist," who rebelled against the Civil Rights Act, etc. My wife tried to deflect that, and to defend the leaders. I wouldn't have it, and brought up the constant over-the-pulpit scare talk about the Communist threat, 2-year food storage, Benson's forward in "The Black Hammer," Delbert Stapeley's letter to George Romney, and all that. My daughter might not have totally believed me, but at least she has a seed or two in her head.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:54PM

What are we doing here?!!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 04:03PM

I just got the Flew... and I think I'm going to Fly. Before I Die. Don't ask Why. Let it Bee, like.the Fly on the Wall at the Mall... or the Ball that bounces over the Wall. That's All! _Golly

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.