Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: adamal the warrioro ( )
Date: October 10, 2020 04:22PM

Its a crazy duck video for Beth again

https://youtu.be/I7ltAp4jpjE

They quack like a duck, they act like a duck and they look like a duck. That donald in there is legit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 10, 2020 05:48PM

THE DUCKS ARE ALRIGHT!

OMG - ORGANIC peas! Those are some lucky ducks!

Adam, you are so wonderful. I think I saw Donald, as well.

Righteous ducks! They might not be used to people feeding them healthy stuff and were expecting bread. I've found that my ducks are meh on frozen peas but love them when they're thawed.

Try this: toss a bunch of peas in the water like, boom, boom, boom. After one gets the idea to dive for them, the rest will. Then you'll see a bunch of duck butts. You'll also see the bullies that poke each other, often in the butt, to make the poked duck move. I think that's where they came up with being "goosed," if geese do the same thing. I have no idea. BECAUSE I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE GEESE.

Geese are great for sounding the alarm when a predator approaches. If I were to get a goose, and I just might and dare this place to write me a ticket or whatever they do, I'd get a Toulouse: https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/images/global/mc/McMurrayHatchery-Toulouse-Goose.jpg

I think I'm going to get a Toulouse and eff The Man always trying to keep the fowl down.

They also love catfish and swan food. They're super expensive, though. If you ever feel like shelling out the big bucks, make sure you get the kind that floats. Mazuri makes quality food, like zoo-quality food and it contains meat or fish as a source of high-quality protein. Most poultry feed does not because it can give the eggs an off taste. It wouldn't matter with your ducks, (yes, they *are* your ducks - you just don't have to deal with their voluminous poop).

A cheaper treat is red wrigglers. They LOVE worms! I have my own that live in the compost bin, but you can pick some up from a bait and tackle store.

I'm glad that they aren't coming up out of the water to be hand fed. They need a decent fear of humans.

Can you try to zoom in on a couple of them next time? Looks like there are a bunch of dudes, which makes sense because wild mallards, if they're mallards, tend to hang out together as the days shorten, and they'll probably molt into their "eclipse plumage." They lose their green heads and curly tail feathers and grow brown feathers much like females. It helps them hide from predators. They also can't fly well, if at all, during a molt, so they need the camouflage.

Once the days grow appreciably longer, like in January or so, they'll molt again into their fancy feathers for the ladies.

Thank you for the ducks, Kind Warrior. You're a good man.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 03:17AM by Beth.

Posted by: Adamal ( )
Date: October 12, 2020 07:38PM

that is a beautiful goose I have to say.

And yes, eff the orange donald keeping the real donald duck down hahaha. The ducks have not been forgotten by the warrior no sir.

I fed them frozen peas though. I'll have to let them thaw the next go around.

The ducks are alright. Them and I get along OK and they stayed at least six feet away from me so they know the rules of our times. They respect my boundaries and I respect their boundaries and I feed them high class food I guess from what you are saying. I distinctly remember you saying to not feed them bread so I did not. I remembered you said frozen peas so that is what i did.

I get along with ducks more than cats and most people i have learned. It is what it is.

Its a decent friendship so far with the ducks and I. To be continued...

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 13, 2020 01:03PM

You did good! Yes, peas are the best! They have niacin which promotes healthy bones for the duckies.

You're a good egg.

:)

Date: October 13, 2020 02:35PM

you said I am a good man and not some crazy boy. I caught that. You did say it. I may have crossed some mental line from boy to man finally. Maybe. Maybe i am getting somewhere finally. Just maybe. I'll try not to think about it too much.

Been working every day but don't tell anybody haha. I definitely feel the exhaustion. Been trying to get enough money to move again. Found out one of my room mates is a full blown narcissist like my father. Which is not good. Very very not good. I'd rather live with someone that has a mental illness than someone with the narcissist personality disorder.

Date: October 13, 2020 02:58PM

The orange donald has NarcissistPD no doubt if you have never seen it in action.

"Get the heck out of that house adam!!"

I know!! Been applying and trying to raise the money for a deposit for another place to live. These creatures seem to be everywhere and sometimes the creatures are orange hahaha.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.