Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 14, 2020 04:03PM

BYU-Idaho warns students against intentionally contracting Covid-19 to sell their plasma

(CNN)Officials at Brigham Young University-Idaho are warning students against intentionally contracting Covid-19 in order to sell plasma that contains antibodies.

The university in Rexburg said Monday it was "deeply troubled by accounts of individuals who have intentionally exposed themselves" to the disease in order to make some money.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/byu-idaho-students-purposely-getting-covid-to-sell-plasma-trnd/index.html?fbclid=IwAR10BcU-nyL11mqkwHkS33Np7E2QkQpz2EDIgJbhMDVMb6ode5tQ825V9Lg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 14, 2020 06:05PM

I thought ultra conservatives were capitalists.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 14, 2020 06:06PM

Yup

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 03:27PM

They better pay their 10% on their plasma sales.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 04:30PM

BYUI is responsible for most of the spreading of the bat-poo virus. They ought to be encouraging students to social distance, drop out, and stay safe. Go get jobs in the real world, occupations like construction where the air is clean and pure. It's what Jebus would do!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 07:54PM

It's unfortunate when the term "bat-poo" is the most mature element of one's entire post.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 10:16PM

So how many college aged kids have contracted covid19?
How many of those went to the hospital?
How many of them died?

It's a infectious virus but likely the cold, most people will get better quickly and back to work and/or school.

End the non-sense and just accept covid19 has as another yearly statistic.

I'm not wearing a face diaper for years pretending that every building or park I go into has the covid19 virus everyone.

It is nutzo. I'll live free or die.

Date: October 15, 2020 10:19PM

There is no drug that can fix this.

Date: October 16, 2020 01:05AM

What. Sometimes America’s best and brightest need to stand and deliver. We didn’t leave Europe and get rid of those pesky injuns for nothing. This is the land of the free and home of Dave.

Date: October 16, 2020 02:17AM

You missed my point.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 01:53PM

You had a point with that reply comment referring to "no drug can fix this"

You may have to elaborate what "this" referred to.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 09:34AM

In my county we have a 1/13,500 chance of dying of Covid in past 7mo. And this has caused the worst economic shutdown since the depression?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 10:45AM

Way to play fast and loose with statistics. You neglect to point out that if you come down with covid-19, you have roughly a 1 in 100 chance of dying from it, and a roughly 1 in 30 to 50 chance of other lingering side effects.

Johns Hopkins and worldometer have a death to infection ratio of about 5%. When I put the figure at 1%, I'm assuming 80% of the people infected are asymptomatic, and are not counted in the "infected" category. I don't know how accurate my assumption is, but I doubt it is wildly inaccurate.

Yes, the death rate goes up dramatically if you are over 65. College students know and interact with people who are over 65. Their infections will spread to the community at large. Funny how that works.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 09:44AM

Covid can cause lasting lung damage in otherwise healthy people, even young people. But if walking around with a pack of portable oxygen and a breathing mask and tubes in your later years appeals to you, by all means, carry on.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 02:57PM

As summer pointed out, COVID-19 causes lung damage in those it infects.

We have over 210,000 dead from COVID, a disease that we've never encountered before. It's not the same as flu season. And it sure as hell isn't "what it is" to quote another man-baby who throws tantrums about masks.

And you are free to not wear a mask and risk infecting yourself and others, just as you are free to make an antifreeze martini. You can do both, even though you'd be an idiot to do them.

Date: October 16, 2020 09:25PM

You mean living the Celestial law of polygamy early looks bad? What ever happened to wives being subordinate to their husbands/owners?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.