Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 03, 2020 09:20PM

He's short of calling out Donnie for wrong decision re COVID;

this is his strongest so far, at least what I've seen. He's saying that politicizing COVID measures (mentioning Red States, which of course UTAH is..) were wrong.

He's clearly off the Trump Train / Trump Style Repubs.

Yes, Virginia, Romney has a SPINE!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Huntedas ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 12:17AM

In the PBS interview in his own words he just said he is known "for really being out there" and I'm not so sure even he knows most peeps think he's out there, aside from anything political.

Spineless camera chasing pile of green gelatin glop maybe out there.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 12:46AM

what do the 47% think about him ?

Date: December 04, 2020 01:13AM

I might be a bit naive, but methinks Romney<>Trump won't be exchanging Christmas (or Holiday) greetings.

Compare to Mike Lee.

Romney's status is pretty much assured if he decides to run again, this gives him a certain degree of freedom to say what he likes / 'really thinks'.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 01:55AM

Mittens thinks he can fill a void in the GOP, but Republicans will not support him.
He's a loser who's already let them down once.
Republicans in the Moridor will support him, but not nationwide.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:32PM

I’ve had a second thought about this.
They let him run and lose against Obama.
Maybe they’ll let him run and lose to Biden in 2024! ;)

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 05:39AM

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/12/03/mitt-romney-coronavirus-pandemic-donald-trump-leadership-intv-tsr-vpx.cnn

>>Mitt Romney blasts Donald Trump's lack of pandemic leadership

For the "political junkies" out there, a couple of guys named Woodward and Bernstein appeared on Anderson Cooper. You may have heard of them...

Posted by: NotLoggedIn ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 12:03PM

R0mney will bash anything he can w/o letting his polite Morgbot veneer slip. He is the reliable “anti Trump from the right” voice. He’s the new McCain.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 04:32PM

Polite, erudite, articulate, willing to politely acknowledge private beliefs while the rest of the network savages the religious right. Romney's saving grace is that he's a Republican who loses...gracefully.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 05:35PM

Then there are his politics, which are vastly better than the alternative. Romney is hard to pin down but he won't implement laws based on race, encourage white supremacists, erect tariffs on a foundation of economic lies, betray American allies, abandon the final shreds of GOP fiscal responsibility, or pretend that national disasters aren't national disasters.

Distasteful as he may be to many of us, his is not a strategy based solely on manners and a smile.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 04:27PM

A Mormon smile goes a long way in Utah.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 07:21AM

It is reassuring to know that President Trump has not done that either. Just because you make up names for someone and accuse them unfairly, doesn't mean they are the person you make them out to be. In a televised meeting of the UN, President Trump is quoted as saying "I will always put America first and you should do the same for your country as well". That doesn't make him a racist or someone who betrays our allies. But they had better pay their fair share of defense expenses if they want the US to honor our treaty to protect them. Joe Biden accused President Trump of xenophobia for shutting down travel to China immediately before the pandemic started while Nancy Polosie was dancing in the streets of China Town, telling everyone to come join the party. Some people just watch their favorite news Channel and use the false information found there to attack the beliefs of others. What about fairness here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2020 07:26AM by azsteve.

Date: December 08, 2020 04:57PM

azsteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because you make up
> names for someone and accuse them unfairly,
> doesn't mean they are the person you make them out
> to be.

That's an empirical question. Are my comments fair or unfair? More to the point, are yours?

------------------
> In a televised meeting of the UN, President
> Trump is quoted as saying "I will always put
> America first and you should do the same for your
> country as well". That doesn't make him a racist
> or someone who betrays our allies.

You see, azsteve, that is a non sequitur. What Trump says at the UN about the United States has nothing to do with racism or betraying our allies. What matters is not his rhetoric but his actions.

Let's look at those. On racism, he enacted four or five anti-Muslim bans that were ruled unconstitutional before he finally hit on a policy that was acceptable. He built a wall to protect the US from those Latinos who he and and you feel threaten US safety but without any recognition of what they do to keep food on your table; with no respect for US treaty and legal obligations regarding refugees and asylum seekers, moves also ruled unconstitutional; he intentionally broke up Latino families and rendered hundreds of little kids orphans whose parents can't be located. And yes, there was that wall with Canada, the dog that didn't bark, that would have proved he was concerned about immigration from all sources. Then there was his support for the white nationalists at Charlottesville. And don't forget all the insults he throws at non-caucasian politicians and women and people from shithole countries. If that seem like racism, azsteve, it's time for you to take a close look at yourself.

On foreign policy, your Dear Leader abandoned TPP, which was aimed at controlling China and helping US allies in East Asia; he told Xi it was okay to deracinate the Uyghurs and to seize Hong Kong; he encouraged Brexit and Brexiteers, knowing that that could split the UK down the center and would also undermine NATO and the EU; he savaged Merkel, who is the foundation of NATO in Europe; he refused to punish Ordoban for having his thugs beat up Americans in front of the White House; he sacrificed our allies the Kurds in order to appease Putin and Assad; he protected MBS from repercussions for what his agents did to an American resident; he attacked our ally Ukraine in an attempt to get that country to manufacture fraudulent material about Biden even though it was in US interests to strengthen Ukraine. If those don't appear betrayals of allies--and hence diminutions of US security--there are teachers in AZ who should be spanked repeatedly.

----------------------------
> But they had
> better pay their fair share of defense expenses if
> they want the US to honor our treaty to protect
> them.

Ibid. We have not honored our treaties (plural) to protect our allies. And paying their bills to the US in no way guaranteed that the administration would treat them better than the ones who didn't pay their share. With China, with Britain, with China: US policy changes on the whim of one man. Yet the notion of paying their share is an easy one, no? It doesn't require any understanding of international relations and geosecurity, so you grab on to it and pretend that it is a foreign policy rather than an excuse for the abdication of foreign policy.

---------------------
> Joe Biden accused President Trump of
> xenophobia for shutting down travel to China
> immediately before the pandemic started while
> Nancy Polosie was dancing in the streets of China
> Town, telling everyone to come join the party.

This canard is a bit like your treatment of foreign policy. There's no substantive content there but it's emotive and the right wing people think it's funny, so there you go. The truth is that he shut down China months after the problem began and in any case the vast majority of infections entered uninhibited from Europe with European mutations. The only truly effective travel ban at a time when the virus was spreading globally and ravaging Europe would have been a complete one and yet for some reason Trump only felt comfortable banning an ethnically distinct population. If he hadn't been so deeply racist, Trump might have settled on a travel policy that was broad enough to have worked.

But let's go farther. Your hero is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans. If we had done as much with masks and distancing as some of the other wealthy countries, our losses would have been measured in tens of thousands rather than the half million we will reach in six months. Why didn't you mention this, azsteve?

And what about the destruction of the constitution? Well, we know the answer there, don't we. In our years of arguing you have never once spoken of the need to respect or protect the freedoms enshrined in the constitution. You have always favored dictators and dictatorships in the naive belief that tyrants will always be on your side. They won't. And if you are lucky, we snowflakes with our respect for the constitution may succeed in preventing you from falling prey to the next dictator who arises and tries to lock you up for your political beliefs or your race.

> Some people just watch their favorite news Channel
> and use the false information found there to
> attack the beliefs of others.

You have no idea what my news sources are. You wouldn't be able to read some of them because they are in different languages and even the ones in English employ big words. We know you don't have subscriptions to the Nikkei, the FT, the BBC, Der Spiegel, the South China Post, Al Jazeera, the Economist, and the others. Your news comes from within the US and specifically from a subset of American outlets whose views you parrot religiously. You don't read widely enough even to know whether your favorites are objective.

---------------------
> What about fairness
> here?

You have never worried about fairness towards people who are not like you. You have never worried about the legal or illegal immigrant, about the baby in a cage, about the black man shot and killed for jogging in his neighborhood or the nurse slaughtered in her apartment. You have never expressed concern for the people killed by Rittenhouse simply because they were marching in the name of black people. You constantly condescend to women and minorities. That you would turn around now and ask for "fairness" when your god has lost an election is truly rich.

-------------------
Lets recall your judgment on these matters. Before the midterms you spoke messianically of how the GOP was going to fare spectacularly well, taking the House as well as the senate and inaugurating a period of great government. And yet your hero has now lost two popular elections--the latter by historic margins--and may well lose the senate. Rather than take his loss in stride and finish responsibly, he is moping about, making it more difficult to fight COVID and firing the professionals from the armed services in favor of right-wing boy scouts. Your hero's acting like a two-year-old in a tantrum, as one would expect given his record as a businessman, a husband, a racist pol insisting that five innocent black kids should be executed and that Obama was a Muslim.

That's your hero. That's the man who you once said was "not what people say he is" even as the rest of us said then, and say now, "he is exactly what his behavior says he is." One would hope that with time and the wisdom of age you would come to realize how much harm your Dear Leader has done to the world and the country, but I don't think that will happen. People like you live in hermetically sealed echo chambers impervious to honest inquiry or reflection.

It is sad, if unsurprising, when erstwhile macho men transform into the the avatars of aggrieved victimhood that they have in fact always been.

Date: December 08, 2020 05:35PM

It's amusing how your post on "the election isn't over yet" and "we need to let the constitution decide the outcome through the courts" was deleted. You will claim unfair treatment, to be sure, but the truth is you were dissembling.

The election is over; Biden won; and Trump has lost over 30 cases. Why? Because they lack any factual basis.

I don't know, but my guess is that the admins are not going to tolerate demonstrable lies. You don't have the right to post falsehoods and then demand that they be treated as the truth. There are no "alternative facts," just facts.

Date: December 08, 2020 05:49PM

But the Church is true, right?

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 05:55PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> It's amusing how your post on "the election isn't
> over yet" and "we need to let the constitution
> decide the outcome through the courts" was
> deleted. You will claim unfair treatment, to be
> sure, but the truth is you were dissembling.
>
> The election is over; Biden won; and Trump has
> lost over 30 cases. Why? Because they lack any
> factual basis.
>
> I don't know, but my guess is that the admins are
> not going to tolerate demonstrable lies. You
> don't have the right to post falsehoods and then
> demand that they be treated as the truth. There
> are no "alternative facts," just facts.
Even if true, why try and jump the gun Lot's O Wives?

It's hardly righr, Al Gore (inventor of Internet) had much much less of any chance in his thirty day presidential challange.

Please don't feel desperate, don't look desperate either, please.

And that erasive power I've seen you somehow choose to use over and over again with the report button..

Let it lay

Date: December 08, 2020 06:12PM

> It's hardly righr, Al Gore (inventor of Internet)
> had much much less of any chance in his thirty day
> presidential challange.

Once again you reveal yourself a buffoon. Al Gore won the popular vote. Trump has lost two popular votes. The debate over Gore/Bush was over the electoral college vote, which was very close. This time Biden won the popular vote by the largest margin in history in absolute terms and the largest in a century in relative terms. The electoral college vote is in, and it is equally clear-cut.

So not surprisingly, your grasp on the facts is as tenuous as your oft-demonstrated judgmental capacity.

-------------------
> Please don't feel desperate, don't look desperate
> either, please.

Haha.

Why would I feel or act desperate? Biden's electoral victory is beyond dispute, which is why Trump's risible suits are going nowhere. Life is easy for me, josephssmmyth: I just keep track of the facts and then the sand you and your ilk throw in the air is nothing more than an annoyance that will settled when you flop down on the ground tired of the exertion.

--------------
> And that erasive power I've seen you somehow
> choose to use over and over again with the report
> button..

Haha.

You know when I report posts? I report Jordan and that is it. As I have stated on this board many times, I actually want people like you and azsteve and Free Man and the others to post at will. Why? Because you reveal the stupidity of your own arguments.

Brandeis was right: light is the best disinfectant. I ask you, nay plead with you, to open your festering minds to the light of day so that everyone can see the maggots and try to offer you help. But I have never reported one of your posts.

--------------
> Let it lay

No, I won't. For then I'd be deprived of the amusement of watching your low-bar gymnastics. Don't underestimate the importance of comic relief on a generally serious board.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2020 06:29PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: December 08, 2020 06:27PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:

" Let it lay"

>
> No, I won't. If I "let it lay," I'd be deprived
> of the amusement of watching your low-bar
> gymnastics. Don't underestimate the importance of
> comic relief on a generally serious board.

Ok, have it your way, mistakes on top of mistakes can't cure much can they?

Heh, you do inow you could maybe be slight

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 06:08PM

I suspect this is code for Trump's 3 SUPREMES to pay their debt to Trump for getting appointed. Loyalty was in fact WHY they were appointed, IMO.

Now that 4 years have been spent making the courts political, I am genuinely concerned they will do Trumps biding with no concern for laws, voter results, or the stain they got from the Gore fiasco.

I think Trump has convinced his base that "the court" (meaning the Supreme Court) is justified to overrule everything. No evidence required. Meanwhile most of the Republicans wait to see which way the wind blows. No spine required. At least Romney said something.

I wasn't as concerned until I saw that Trump posted a picture of Justice Handmaid with heavenly light shining out her eyes. Why would he do that? Will she deliver for him? I think she will.

So, I guess in a way, I can see why he considers his statements factual. Who needs democracy when you have a Dear Leader? Elections seem as meaningless as votes to sustain the Brethren on Fast Sunday.

I won't go any further since this is getting away from Romney.

Date: December 08, 2020 06:17PM

Trump recently said he was going to take his case to "my supreme court." So yes, he thinks that his appointing three justices gives him control over that third branch. It's as pathetic as it is anti-constitutional.

I agree that his installation of so many unqualified judges throughout the judiciary is a major problem. He's appointed people who have never tried a case, in some instances never argued a case. I don't know how the country fixes that, but fixed it must be.

It will take decades to rebuild the institutions that Trump, with the acquiescence of intelligent Republicans and of the lemmings whose squeaks we hear daily, have done. The future of the republic and the fates of our descendants are at stake.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 06:51PM

SCOTUS is not going to save him. This afternoon they declined to hear a case that might have invalidated Pennsylvania's results. That means that there were not 4 justices willing to even hear the case. Since it was a one line, unsigned decision, we do not know how many, if any, wanted to hear the case, but it is clear that there were less than 4 because it only takes 4 votes for the court to accept a case.

Date: December 08, 2020 07:11PM

Thanks for that.

That was just for Pennsylvania so I wonder if they would consider other states. I'll be so glad when all this drama over.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 07:49PM

IMO not likely.
The Electoral College formally votes next Monday. That doesn't leave much time for the SC to accept a case, hear arguments, and issue a decision. If they were interested in getting involved, this would have been their best chance. It also would have sent the message that they were willing to overturn election results. I think the fact that they disposed of this case so quickly suggests that they are not going to get involved.

Date: December 05, 2020 12:06PM

>>He [Romney] is the reliable “anti Trump from the right” voice. He’s the new McCain.

And that's somehow a bad thing?

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 12:12PM

You notice The Mittster did not stand up and get on this long ago. He did not "stand up" for much of anything against Trump til he saw which way the wind was blowing.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:24PM

Exactly. He actually went to Trump asking for a role in his administration early on. Mittens is all about Mittens. He has no spine. He’s not even been “anti Trump” since then, but only since there built up an unstoppable avalanche of anti Trump sentiment. Mittens checks which way the wind is strongly and unquestionably blowing before — not surprisingly — going the same way.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 12:57PM

Who cares? It is classic Mittflip.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:17PM

It's weird he seems to have realized he was in a political cult but can't see he is in a religious one.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:29PM

I don’t think he ever really joined the political cult. One thing he probably has learned from his religious cult is how to drink the koolaide and pretend to like it. He’s a chameleon. He’d be a Democrat if he thought that would get him elected.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:37PM

I think you're right. He is Kool-Aid friendly depending on how he benefits.

Posted by: random conservative exmo ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 01:44PM

Most non-mormon conservatives have hated romney for years. He doesn't have a spine, he's wishy washy and says whatever he thinks will get him political points for his next election.He believes the wind has changed to liberal after this election, so he is going with it. Plus he and trump have never gotten along. Remember trump inviting him to trump tower after the last election and he floated over thinking he was going to get an invitation for an important position as a peace offering and concession prize and trump just kind of said hello and goodbye. LOL

Date: December 04, 2020 02:44PM

I have a feeling Romney wouldn't promise to be a yes man and was the one to say hello ad goodbye as well. Romney probably decided not to be associated with someone like Trump who ultimately destroys everything he touches and requires loyal brainless cheerleaders.

I'm no Romney fan but compared to Mike Lee, he doesn't seem to be the same level of sycophant that Trump requires.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 04:18PM

I'm kind of liking the Mittster these days.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 04:51AM

Compared to his political brethren, he looks like he has gorilla balls.

Date: December 04, 2020 10:22PM

He was on again tonite (Friday) saying a stim package is necessary which indicates to me that he wants to cut thru the political barriers.

At the same time, there's probably little chance he would go independent or (Heaven Forbid!) cross the river...

I'm curious to know if some 'conservative' democrats are making overtures / suggestions to him....

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: December 04, 2020 11:16PM

"Romney is hard to pin down but he won't implement laws based on race, encourage white supremacists, erect tariffs on a foundation of economic lies, betray American allies, abandon the final shreds of GOP fiscal responsibility, or pretend that national disasters aren't national disasters."

"Romney probably decided not to be associated with someone like Trump who ultimately destroys everything he touches and requires loyal brainless cheerleaders."

I'm trying to understand the RFM policy on politics:

"Recently, more discussion about politics has been allowed at RfM. It is still asked that you relate it to the main subject of Mormonism. There is no space here for party politics. This Is Not The Place when it comes to discussing policies of the current administration or current events not related to Mormonism. It's up to the OP to do the relating when they start a thread, not up to Admin to decide how or whether the topic fits the guidelines although, of course, that's our job if you fail to follow oft-repeated rules.

Hint: If you're mentioning past or present politicians and leaders by name or obvious inference you're likely on the wrong track and your post/thread will be deleted."

I assume the exception to the rule is anything anti-Trump, or calling half the country that voted for Trump "brainless cheerleaders".

Date: December 04, 2020 11:25PM

The admins let your unhinged paeans to Scott Atlas and the other COVID deniers stay up, did they not? Were those not political?

Or is it your contention that falsehoods become true if they are espoused by a pol with whom you identify?

Perhaps you can give us a list of political leaders whose statements must be accepted as true even if they are false. That would help us know what is permissible to say.

Date: December 04, 2020 11:27PM

Then there was that fraudulent document ostensibly from a Berkeley history professor--you know, the one who said stuff you like except that he didn't exist. That stayed up, didn't it?

D'oh!

Date: December 05, 2020 02:38AM

this thread isn't about DJT, it's about WMRomney, most assuredly a Mormon.

As a senator, what he does (or doesn't do) is of extreme interest to the Mormon (& partly ex-mo) community these days.

Mike Lee, OTOH, is about as interesting as last-years newspaper bc he's so predictable, Rmoney isn't.

Date: December 05, 2020 12:32PM

Would be a violation of board rules. Pointing out, however, that the 46% who voted for Trump is not "half" as you insinuate is probably within the rules. Joe Biden received over half of the popular vote, seriously.

Date: December 09, 2020 07:30AM

We should just let the constitutional processes play out without making any pre-judgements. Personally, I wasn't present in the counting centers when the alleged fraud took place or didn't take place. So you and I don't have the facts, regardless of which news channel we get our information from. I think it's fair to say that at least nearly half (or more) of the population should be treated with respect. Based on the new play book, the Republican machine should be mounting an "impeach 46" campaign, complete with a dossier alleging China collusion sometime soon. I haven't heard of such a thing occuring yet. So why not be more respectful to our political opponents and just see what happens?

Date: December 09, 2020 08:15AM

Completely putting aside which side of the aisle you're on, from what I can tell, this is the political process, now that the Supreme Court has issued orders on the Lawsuit filed by the State of Texas against four of the swing states. I am not predicting what will happen next, just explaining the options now.

The Supreme Court will likely either invalidate the election results in those states or it will uphold those results and dismiss the case. If it dismisses the case, then Biden will almost assuredly be sworn-in on January 20. If the SCOTUS invalidates the vote in those states, then each of those states then will be appointed electors based on the respective choices as made by the state legislature of their own state. A partison legislature will most likely send electors that represent the wishes of their own party majority. But the Governor could also send his own electors if he or she disagrees with the legislature.

In that case with two sets of electors from up to four states show up to cast their own Electorial votes, the process could become in dispute. If the problem stays in dispute beyond January 6th, then the electorial college is out of the picture and the US House of Representatives votes for a President (see the Twelveth Amendment). But each state gets only one vote in that case. So (for example) Wyoming would have the same voting power as does California. Either Trump or Biden would win if they can get 26 votes. If neither Biden nor Trump gets 26 House votes before January 20th because of house disputes amongst themselves, then Nancy Polosi would become the interim President until the dispute is resolved.

Ultimately, if no decisions can be made, then the military gets to decide if they should evict Trump from the Whitehouse, or whether they help fortify his presence there.

Trump's goal is to keep Biden from getting 270 Electorial votes either through SCOTUS or through State legislators, or from some combination of both. If he can do that, then there are enough Republican states to assure Trump a win. Your guess about what will actually happen is as good as mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2020 08:18AM by azsteve.

Date: December 09, 2020 08:36AM

azsteve Wrote:

> Your guess about what will actually happen is as good
> as mine.

Mine's not very good..
Ken Paxton AG of Texas has his hands in this thing though, and the football pile on may be starting as the lawsuit aftet lawsuit materialize. As if to maybe say, "Don't Mess With Texas!" and a new star is maybe born.

Date: December 09, 2020 11:51AM

The lawsuit is ridiculous, so perhaps he just wants to show support and loyalty to the One who can pardon him for his own crimes that are pending.

We'll see.

Date: December 09, 2020 12:57PM

Mine isn't a guess; it's a prediction based on knowledge of the Electoral College. I learned that stuff in high school civics...

The Supreme Court has already replied "Denied" to Dumbf's court filing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D079sck3Pc

>>Trump Loses Last Ditch SCOTUS Case, Locking In His Loss To Biden

Date: December 08, 2020 07:08AM

Irregardless of what the forum policy is on politics or what anyone here actually says here about fairness, there is one moderated, enforced standard of what can be said here by republicans/conservatives, and a different standard here for what can be said by democrats/liberals. That makes RFM a cult in its own right. To the moderators, please read on before deleting this post if you must delete it, and try to be fair here.

This partison political bashing (general petty political-based sniping that does end up in conflict some of the time) at conservative views, goes on here day in and day out here on this forum routinely. All anyone has to do is to look at the daily history here on any given day going back for years, to back up this claim. I think this practice harms the intent of RFM as certain individuals continuously attack the political beliefs of others without provocation, just to make themselves feel better at the expense of others (some recovery board huh?). Even that would be okay if RFM moderators didn't take sides. Since a majority of those here who do this daily sniping are liberals and back eachother up, the moderators look the other way most of the time when this occurs against conservative or Trump-based views. If you fight back to support the Republican/conservative/Trump position, you will usually lose any arguement because the moderators typically go with the majority and will moderate you away or in to humiliation as only selected things get deleted to discredit your conservative position. Liberals have a way of promoting hate (provocative hateful opinions like some of them found here in this thread) while claiming that others are using hate speech which must be deleted. What a typical-mormon-style hypocracy this is.

This hate speech from the left is often tolerated here out of a sense of self righteousness because this political bashing is from the "good" side vs those on the "bad" side who are wrong and need to be proven wrong (yeah, like half of our country is evil). That fits the dysfunctional mormon paradigm perfectly, right here on RFM. It's the exact thing that happens when the a Bishop cuts off the microphone of a little gay girl who says in sacrament meeting that she knows that God loves her even though she is gay. We can't have talk like that here right? (Wrong).

The left-wingers here that want to continue bashing the president that I voted for need to just keep their big mouths shut here or if not, then the moderators need to let any political arguement play out unmoderated, no matter where it goes. The moderators need to let my posts and the posts of others here in response, remain in-tact without limits if they continue to allow this left-wing political sniping to continue here. Don't moderate these political posts at all if you're going to allow some people to continuously snipe at the beliefs of others because you put your thumb on the scale when you do that. If you can't be fair (moderators), how in the world is RFM not a cult? You're no better than the Bishop that cut that microphone off on that little girl.

Date: December 08, 2020 11:20AM

It started with your first "non-word." Sorry, irrespective (or regardless :-) of your attempts at erudition, your prose is as ludicrous as your claim of bias against what passes for right wing ideology these days. Much of the Republican Party has been infected with Trumpism; the unwillingness of many to acknowledge the emperor's nakedness--and overt delusional narcissism as well as vindictiveness--is born of cowardice, period. Incidentally (personal communication), the owner of this site is no fan of Romney.

Feel free to educate yourself on Trump's relationship with no less than Roy Cohen of McCarthy-era notoriety. To bring this back to "on-topic," it was a Mormon, Arthur Watkins, who presided over the Senate committee that censured the Wisconsin senator.

Date: December 09, 2020 07:07AM

Unprovoked political attacks on the beliefs of others here is just plain wrong. It doesn't matter that you believe that the other side lacks character or is doing dishonest things. I watch conservative news sources that say the same things about the Liberals. So please just stop it, all of you here who are doing it. You have no moral highbground, no matter what you think and you have no reason to keep that crap up.

I could get in to discussions ranging from Uranium one, to the sham impeachment to the fraud-induced stolen election to prove my points about low character people on the left. But doubtless, others here wouldn't agree with that. And it wouldn't give me any moral highground in the opinions of many people here, no matter what I believe. So if you're going to keep up this political sniping, just keep in mind that you're causing more harm than good and that you have no moral highground. I won't claim that privilege here myself here either, regardless of what I believe.

Date: December 09, 2020 12:41PM

>> I won't claim that privilege here myself here either...

Seriously, you're claiming you didn't say what you said?

#crickets

Date: December 08, 2020 05:11PM

> The left-wingers here that want to continue
> bashing the president that I voted for need to
> just keep their big mouths shut . . .

Thank you for your concern. The answer is "no."

-------------------
> . . . or if not,
> then the moderators need to let any political
> arguement play out unmoderated, no matter where it
> goes.

I for one would be happy engaging you and your friends directly because you reveal your true character better than I could ever do. But alas, I am just another peanut in the gallery like you, the difference being that I am humble enough to see the humor in your use of the imperative when talking to the mods.

-------------------------
> The moderators need to let my posts and the
> posts of others here in response, remain in-tact
> without limits if they continue to allow this
> left-wing political sniping to continue here.

The "left-wing political sniping" is actually statement of facts. Trump's foreign policy is manifest, so too his racism and his political incompetence as well as his infantile moping in the West Wing rather than addressing policy challenges. Only a totalitarian would think that facts should be suppressed in the service of a greater political myth.

> Don't moderate these political posts at all if
> you're going to allow some people to continuously
> snipe at the beliefs of others because you put
> your thumb on the scale when you do that.

You are asking authority figures to suppress facts. It doesn't take a thumb on the scale to see that Trump is trying to overthrow a fair election or that he is sabotaging the transition. You don't get to enlist the support of your big brother in shutting down facts.

---------------------
> If you
> can't be fair (moderators), how in the world is
> RFM not a cult? You're no better than the Bishop
> that cut that microphone off on that little girl.

You want to define "fair." You want authority figures to enforce your definition even if--especially if--that means disguising facts that you dislike. In the marketplace of ideas, there are many retailers, including many that will suppress reality to make you feel better. Perhaps a nice, white space with padded walls would better serve your needs.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 05:21AM

What would motivate a former state governor to carpetbag a US senator seat out of Utah? Why would a guy like Mitt Romney use his religion and fame in Utah to become a junior senator in the US Senate? That’s a less prestigious office than being Governor of Massachusetts. Where’s the motive? What drove him to do it?

All I can see is Mitt wanted Trump out of office so bad and was aware there would be a impeachment attempt, he thought he was a big enough hot shot to use his influence to sway enough Republicans to remove Trump from office if the House voted for impeachment. What else could it be? Do you really think the guy wants to be a junior senator?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 05:28AM

If you thought Mitt was lame here comes Mike Lee. He’s a big enough idiot to publicly compare Donald Trump to Captain Moroni then proceed to stab the president in the back shortly after he likened him to some Book of Mormon fantasy hero.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 02:11PM

Rubicon Wrote:
> What would motivate a former state governor to
> carpetbag a US senator seat out of Utah? ...That’s a less prestigious office than
> being Governor of Massachusetts. Where’s the
> motive? What drove him to do it?

As Utah senator, he has a national bully pulpit. Do you think PBS would interview the governor of Massachusetts? Without looking it up, can you even name him? He's more of a RINO than Mitts! Most of the Republican Massachusetts governors have been busts since Calvin Coolidge.
>

Date: December 05, 2020 03:53PM

At Least Mittens didn't claim the presidential election he lost was Stolen... did he?

Date: December 05, 2020 04:01PM

And when invited to a White House breakfast afterwards, he even ate his "white turkey chili."

True story...

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 04:55AM

It is. Never got much attention but I laughed hard when I read about his lunch with Obama. Subtle. Lol

Date: December 08, 2020 05:33PM

jay Wrote:
> It is. Never got much attention but I laughed
> hard when I read about his lunch with Obama.
> Subtle. Lol

Always the Bird it's always the Bird, Romney's always seemed to maybe have his various Big Bird problems!

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/10/pbs-romney-does-not-understand-082035

When PBS grants you an interview after announcing you'll surely cut their funding be sure to take careful note, you are now completely impotent and no longer any real threat..
https://mobile.twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1334641868760551428

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 09:30AM

GNPE Wrote:
> At Least Mittens didn't claim the presidential
> election he lost was Stolen... did he?

Nope, what came out, via his wife or a kid - was "he didn't want it anyway"

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 01:08PM

Sounds like snoozer programming. I think I was washing my car.

Date: December 05, 2020 04:30PM

I’d rather be washing my cat.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 09:04PM

I don't think republicans in Utah are going to back Romney on anything. He's pretty unpopular, but my dems neighbors love him. And various relatives who are on the left think he's great.

Posted by: moremanynli ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 11:41AM

I hate politics and religion

What am I doing here?

Date: December 08, 2020 05:44AM

He's probably our needed Capt Macaroni, how else could he display such balls of steel?

jay Wrote:
> Compared to his political brethren, he looks like
> he has gorilla balls.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 09, 2020 04:02AM

Upthread someone asked why Romney wanted to be a junior senator. My opinion is that it gave him national visibility, and he was hoping to be the person to stitch back together his party after Trump flamed out.

He may still get his chance.

Date: December 09, 2020 04:14AM

Agreed.

And I don't think being governor of MA is as prestigious or as influential as a seat in the senate can be. Romney gets much more attention now than when he was sitting in Boston.

Date: December 09, 2020 05:40AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> And I don't think being governor of MA is as
> prestigious or as influential as a seat in the
> senate can be. Romney gets much more attention
> now than when he was sitting in Boston.

Mitt get's the attention he craves, maybe his Utah LDS church gets some additional research and investigaton as a possible friendly religion? Okkaaa.. what's that maybe really buying everybody Mormon up and down in the Morridor? How about another appalling dose of potentially stunning embarrassment?

It's it's it's not likely the best possible positioning for a senator. Matter of fact, haven't I seen Mormons sometimes exhibit roughly exactly this same time of extremely unusual behavior throughout history, before any of these antics of his became exercised?

I sometimes think to choose who or what is worth defending and maybe apparently Mitt's not in my buy cart. Perhaps almost a nice new tag for Mitt Romney might be "Maybe Mitt" cause you really may not know where he's gonna land.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 09, 2020 07:26AM

I continue to find your posts incomprehensible.

Date: December 09, 2020 07:34AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> I continue to find your posts incomprehensible.

Just know Mitt's around his many constituents these latter (heh) days, and that's not likely to provide any real or lasting comfort to him or his lost ambitions.

Think looser, now see how easy that was?

Date: December 09, 2020 11:54AM

>>>Think looser, now see how easy that was?

BoJ is more of a tight thinker. :-)
You might lose your marbles with a loose mind.

Date: December 09, 2020 12:01PM

Reading RfM has become increasingly more and more like conservative and conspiracy radio.

Date: December 09, 2020 12:19PM

After loosing inter-marriage & SSM battles, ChurchCo has & will continue to choose their issue more carefully, I believe;

in the macro sense there's nothing wrong with knowing which eay the (political) wind blows as Rmoney obviously does.

After seeing Donnie's defeat, Mitt is wising up!

Date: December 09, 2020 12:38PM

White horsing up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.