Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: December 09, 2020 06:42PM

Ever been there?

Communication breakdown with some family members but do not miss talking to anyone of them.

Estranged and bitter, but not depressed

melancholic and nostalgic, the past is the past the future seems.. well, yeah..

knowing that everything comes to an end, life is finite

but it feels great somehow! What a weird place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: December 09, 2020 11:33PM

Cauda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Been where?

“Communication breakdown with some family members but do not miss talking to anyone of them.”

==I recommend keeping communication channels open.
Things might change. They might change. They might not.

“knowing that everything comes to an end, life is finite
but it feels great somehow! What a weird place.”

==Nobody has signed a contract with you, with me, with any atheist, with any theist. Nobody is obligated to give anyone infinite life.
The theist should put himself in the shoes of their god. If you existed forever and had feelings, would you not get bored eventually?
How many times are you going to watch your favorite movie?
How many times has your odometer rolled over?
What year does the calendar say on god’s calendar?
Won’t you be asking the same questions that the humans are asking: “What is the point of life?”
As a god, aren’t you going to get bored eventually?

Even if you promise the humans things, infinite life, are you really obligated to keep them around forever?

I have noticed that quite a lot of theists (christians mostly) don’t want to think about it.
They just brush it off by saying god is timeless, god’s mind can’t be understood.

I’m only saying the things that logic leads us to. Someone who says god is some kind of an exception, just doesn’t want to think about it since thinking leads to doubt.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: December 10, 2020 03:54AM

Personally I think it FEELS better to say that God mind can not be understood because after reading and experiencing both a secular life in addiction and a religious life inside the frame work of "job-comforting" I must say that trying to understand humanity makes no sense.

An eternity with boredom in a Kingdom of plenty is better than a life time with civilisations built on the pathological rubble of dysfunctional families.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 08:44PM

Cauda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

“Personally I think it FEELS better to say that God mind can not be understood because after reading and experiencing both a secular life in addiction and a religious life inside the frame work of "job-comforting" I must say that trying to understand humanity makes no sense.”

==Humanity makes sense to me. What is it that you do not understand about it?
Of course, there are billions of humans and each one is going to be different. We aren’t all clones of each other. Some will have similarities and so, they will flock together and form clubs.
Is there anything that I said so far that you disagree with?

“Personally I think it FEELS better to say that God mind can not be understood”

==First, you are assuming there is this guy called god. I guess you think there is one of him. My question would be, what is the level of interaction that you had with this guy? Why are you calling it god?

This concept of god’s mind being a mystery box seems to stem from judaism. Of course, it is easier for the priest to tell the people that god’s mind is mysterious instead of providing real answers.

It would be like me asking the producers of Back To The Future how the flux capacitor works. Explain to me the physics behind it. Just like the priests, they won’t have an answer. They have invented a machine and a fantastic story that goes along with it but it has no foundation in reality and so, they can’t give me any information of value relevant to physics.
The same thing applies to all religions. They have a story about a machine called the “god” or “gods”. They contain fantastic stories but nothing of value in the domain of physics (chemistry, biology). Some contain items of interest to archaeology and history (We certainly do love learning about ancient cultures).

All religions/gods are limited to the human being(s) that invents them.
None of them contain anything about quasars, black holes, neutron stars, atoms, subatomic particles and their properties.

It is easy to claim that god’s mind is mysterious. Any idiot can do that.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 10, 2020 10:15AM

Yes. Where would religion be without its one-size-fits-all answer to everything?

Because God!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.