Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 10, 2020 11:20AM

In my family text my polygamist sister (a member of the AUB) sent a Christmas party details text about when, where, and what to bring.

If only her family shows up that will be (roughly estimating) at least 20 people not including my parents.

My eldest brother responded asking her about COVID. She didn't respond. He apologized saying the group text probably wasn't the place to ask. He obviously isn't going. I'm out of the Mormon state so I won't be going but wouldn't risk it anyway. We have a big extended family. This is dozens of people with only a mild showing.

My wife has told me about several people she has talked to at work who put Thanksgiving plans on hold to holdout until Christmas. I think this is what my sister did. Only a couple of people went to my parents for Thanksgiving. So I'm curious. The people my wife mentioned to me we know nothing about. I assume they don't think COVID is a big enough deal to cancel their Christmas. So what do polygamist groups think?

My sister always invites my parents to her polygamist Christmas party. My mother says there are lots of people and they treat her very well. I don't know if she and my father are going this year. But I do know my sister is acting like our family party is going ahead like there was no COVID. It isn't something I can really bring up with her and like my brother she will go silent when she gets asked direct questions.

So, are the Mormon offshoots more likely to be COVID deniers? My sister's group (AUB) actually say their follow Nelson as their prophet in most things (read lower law stuff) so I'm surprised that my sister didn't even ask people about coming and just threw it out there like we weren't in the middle of a pandemic. Strange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 11, 2020 11:41AM

Anyone here know any polygamists? Cheryl thoughts?

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 12:11PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone here know any polygamists? Cheryl thoughts?

Jailed Warren Jeffs everybody knows, his lawyer (Zachary Shields) cannot shield him from reality.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.fox21news.com/news/national/polygamist-leader-warren-jeffs-mental-health-questioned/amp/

Date: December 11, 2020 12:46PM

He's my half uncle. Thanks. Maybe I should write him and ask him about COVID. He only has hundreds of half nieces and nephews. Maybe he will respond to me.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 12, 2020 08:19AM

There are differing opinions among polygamous leaders and I'd assume the followers in each group would echo whatever their leader would say on this or any other topic.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 12:56PM

As soon as I win the lottery I will be wanting to join a polyg group.

Date: December 11, 2020 01:26PM

Why wait?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 01:54PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why wait?
because I am tooooooooooo broke right now

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 04:18PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 11, 2020 04:22PM

GoFund(polyga)Me

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 12, 2020 08:39AM

Date: December 12, 2020 07:50PM

My sister lives the law of consecration. He could just join and he would have the opportunity to marry many.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.