Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 08:40AM

Source:
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/leah-remini-tom-cruises-rant-psychotic-scientology-covid19-pandemic-224721629.html

I am going to copy the article to here since that site is temporary.

Tom Cruise's rant elicits mixed reactions as Leah Remini, Alec Baldwin and more weigh in
Taryn Ryder
Taryn Ryder Writer, Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo CelebrityThu., December 17, 2020, 5:47 p.m. EST

Tom Cruise’s alleged headline-making rant on the set of Mission: Impossible 7 has sparked a debate online — and among his peers.

Earlier this week, Cruise, 58, appeared to berate crew members for breaking COVID-19 safety protocols. “If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone,” he yelled in leaked audio obtained by The Sun. (Multiple outlets confirmed the incident, while Cruise’s rep did not respond to Yahoo Entertainment’s request for comment.)

Cruise quickly became a trending topic on Tuesday as he was applauded by many celebrities for how seriously he’s taking the deadly pandemic.

“He didn’t overreact, it’s a problem,” George Clooney said on Wednesday.

Alec Baldwin defended his former Mission: Impossible co-star. “So he’s pissed off on 1 particular day. “Who f***ing cares?” he tweeted.

“Tom Cruise is correct here FYI,” wrote Josh Gad. “Sorry/Not sorry.”

“I’ve never liked him more!” added Hilarie Burton Morgan.

But according to Leah Remini, there’s a pretty big asterisk that needs to be included in the context of covering Cruise’s supposed blowup, and that’s Scientology. The actor is essentially the face of the controversial religion and Remini, a former Scientologist, laid out her case as to why she thinks this whole thing is a publicity stunt.

In a lengthy statement to Tony Ortega’s The Underground Bunker, the actress called Cruise’s rant “psychotic.”

“This is not a pandemic that Tom and Scientology believe in,” Remini alleged. She claimed Scientologists are taught to think of the COVID-19 pandemic as “a drill invented to make us all react, and Scientologists shouldn’t be reacting to a global pandemic but rather just going on with life as normal in their dedication to Scientology and their daily activities.”

Her claims are strongly refuted by the Church of Scientology.

“The Church of Scientology has done more than any other religious institution in promoting COVID-19 prevention actions — throughout the U.S. and worldwide. Long before ‘stay at home’ directives, the Church took aggressive actions to prevent the spread of the virus. The Church’s leader acted well ahead of the curve,” a spokesperson told Yahoo Entertainment.

According to Remini, however, “Anything you see coming from Scientology and Scientologists, such as mask wearing and supposedly humanitarian efforts, is just a show. It’s for public relations reasons only.

“Tom’s reaction that was released yesterday shows his true personality. He is an abusive person. I witnessed it, I’ve been a recipient of it on a small level, and I’ve been told of similar abuse by his former girlfriend, his employees, and his friends,” she alleged. “This is the real Tom. This was the same reaction Tom gave his household staff when they did not have the right ingredients for him to make chocolate chip cookies. This is the same type of tirade Tom launched into when an assistant had the audacity to serve him a drink in a chipped mug.”

Yahoo Entertainment cannot verify Remini’s claims and an email to Cruise’s rep went unanswered.

Remini alleged Cruise “subscribes to the abusive culture of Scientology” so he doesn’t truly care about the wellbeing of those around him.

“Tom does not care about the families of his crew; this is all for publicity. Tom does not believe in family values. I mean, how anyone is falling for this is just mindblowing. I would bet that Tom had this rant written for him and had his Scientology assistant record and release it,” she claimed. “Hearing a rich actor with enormous power address his crew in this way is a sign of weakness and a deeply troubled person. This is not just a rant of another a****** actor. Tom Cruise pretending that he cares is why a few have called him out.”

Remini added that “this psychotic rant only proves what many who know Tom or have worked for Tom knows: He is an abusive dictator just as he was taught by his guru [Church of Scientology leader] David Miscavige.”

Former Scientologists joined Remini, and others, in their criticism. Mike Rinder claimed Cruise “probably leaked this” himself. (A spokesperson for the Church of Scientology refutes any claims made by Rinder.)

Cruise’s purported rant was not an isolated incident, according to The Sun. In a new report on Thursday, the tabloid claimed five staffers have quit M:I7 “after a second meltdown by star Tom Cruise.”

The alleged second eruption came on Tuesday night after leaked audio emerged.

“The first outburst was big but things haven’t calmed since. Tension has been building for months and this was the final straw. Since it became public there has been more anger and several staff have walked,” a source claimed to The Sun. “But Tom just can’t take any more after all the lengths they have gone to just to keep filming at all. He’s upset others aren’t taking it as seriously as him. In the end, he’s the one who carries the can.”

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 09:12AM

That's a really interesting take by Leah Remini. I never felt that his rant was in any way sincere. What does he know about people trying to make their mortgages? Does he ever talk to the crew when he doesn't absolutely have to? I doubt it. Perhaps he has a financial stake in the movie. That might explain the meltdown.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 05:07PM

I thought so at first. Then I did some research. First, the set was shut down 7 months ago when 12 members got Covid. Next, He does have a financial interest, as he is the producer and lead actor. Third, all Hollywood movies were shut down. THIS movie is a Guinea Pig to see if millions of film workers can start working again. Cruise is paying more than double the usual insurance rates to be able to resume filming. These people that have been out of work for half a year, have a chance to earn and set an example for the entire industry to return for work. It only takes a few idiots to ruin it for thousands. Good for Cruise.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 21, 2020 08:40AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a really interesting take by Leah Remini. I
> never felt that his rant was in any way sincere.
> What does he know about people trying to make
> their mortgages? Does he ever talk to the crew
> when he doesn't absolutely have to? I doubt it.
> Perhaps he has a financial stake in the movie.
> That might explain the meltdown.

Yeah... I am with you. Tom Cruise has a God complex, too.

At first, I thought maybe these meltdowns happen often enough that the crew knew to have a recording device ready to catch him in the act. But then I thought about it some more and realized that cameras and recorders are probably forbidden on movie sets. Or, I would certainly expect them to be. It would not surprise me if that whole rant was scripted and leaked to make Cruise look like a caring dude and generate publicity for his latest film or Scientology.

Personally, I found the whole thing repugnant. Even if he is sincere about preventing COVID-19, he could have expressed himself in a way that wasn't so abusive. Signing someone's paycheck doesn't give him the right to threaten, scream, and curse at them. It's not like any of them could respond to this over the top temper tantrum without a serious risk of being fired.

Imagine what he's like with friends and family members when the doors are truly closed to the public. And I don't see why Cruise is the one issuing this rant, either. It's not really his role.

I didn't like Cruise before this, but I really don't like him now. He clearly has no respect for anybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2020 01:50PM by knotheadusc.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 22, 2020 08:32AM

"Does he ever talk to the crew when he doesn't absolutely have to? I doubt it."

When is he going to get #ellened?

a LOT of performers (actors, singers, performers...A-listers, etc) do not allow direct eye contact..or contact of any kind, with the "plebes" who work with them making their art or craft..

I wasn't surprised that Ellen did this. I was surprised at the reaction and "take-down" by the press. Her crime?? being a friend of Bush Jr.

I had heard years ago, that Cruise, Steve Martin, and Jennifer Lopez are the SAME way...Don't look at me or address me in the work place..

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 09:16AM

Showtime! Lights.. Camera.. ACTION..

The vaccines have arrived and are rapidly distributed to needy souls worldwide and there may be little time left to pull off a stunt like this.

What timing, way to go Tom!

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 09:29AM

Date: December 19, 2020 09:34AM

Dr. No Wrote:
> n/t

Yeah, Shouting back, "Don't get your buns in a wad, we're all going to be on a thumb-drive and never on the big screen!"

Date: December 19, 2020 09:44AM

Put yourself in his shoes:
It's frustrating when folks don't take you seriously

Date: December 19, 2020 10:21AM

Dr. No Wrote:
> Put yourself in his shoes:
> It's frustrating when folks don't take you
> seriously

It's only a double edge stunt, don't fall for it. Satisfying his Scientology self righteous clean squeaky ass as he gets ready to plop the thing squarely down into his very own "Director's Chair" one with his name emblazoned on the back! He's getting too old and too injured for his ageing character role.

Here's Leah Remini release about her take on the incident.

Tom Cruise claimed he does not get so much as a cold because of Scientology. All Scientologists believe that if they aren’t connected to what they label “suppressive persons” they will not get sick.

According to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, “All illnesses to a greater or lesser degree stem from a PTS situation.” PTS stands for “Potential Trouble Source.”

A “PTS” is a person who is connected to a suppressive person or a suppressive group. They are so screwed up by their connection to the “SP” they have potential to be trouble to themselves and more importantly, to Scientology. When you are sick in Scientology, you are sent to the Ethics Department. You are in fact in trouble for being sick. If you have anything from a cold to cancer in Scientology it means you must be connected to an SP. You are immediately interrogated to see if you have read or seen anything that exposes Scientology, you are interrogated to see if you are connected to anyone or anything that is anti-Scientology. That could mean speaking to your own child who spoke out against the abuses he or she received in Scientology. And after they find “the why,” which is the reason for your illness, they then make you handle the situation, which means disconnecting from the person or group who they label an enemy.

Who is a suppressive person or group? Anyone who exposes Scientology. And anyone connected to that person or group are all either suppressive or PTS. If one is PTS, they are considered “victims” of the real suppressive, and susceptible to illness. Groups that are considered suppressive to Tom and to Scientologists are government agencies, the police, the mental health field, any news organization or publications that exposes Scientology. The list goes on.

For example, Scientology teaches that children are PTS to their parents who have left Scientology. Someone like Suri is considered by her father and other Scientologists to be PTS because she has the unfortunate luck to be connected to an SP mother like Katie Holmes. So Suri may not be considered a full-blown suppressive herself, just connected to a suppressive. And Tom believes — like all Scientologists — that PTS people can be “potential trouble” to the “pure Scientologist,” and all Scientologists are taught to stay clear of the PTS folks and especially the suppressives.

But if you are highly trained and part of the elite beings of the planet like Tom is, you can “fight” the PTS-ness rubbing off. So Tom can be around a PTS for a short time without being affected too much. But you are not allowed to be PTS in Scientology or connected to someone who is PTS. You may have limited connection to the PTS if you must for public relations reasons, but Scientologists are required to cut ties with PTS people and SPs.

Tom does not believe in illness unless one is connected to suppressive persons, and Tom isn’t connected to SPs. Scientology makes sure that Tom is always surrounded by Scientologists, and Tom is so well versed in Scientology that he can “confront & shatter” SPs and suppressive groups.

David Miscavige called COVID “a planetary bullbait.” Bullbaiting in Scientology is a drill where Scientologists are taught to hold perfectly still while being “baited” into a reaction. This drill is taught in one of the most basic of mandatory courses in Scientology called Success Through Communications, or “the Comm Course.” All Scientologists, including children, are required to do this course and this drill as part of their training to be Scientologists. The drill is done by two Scientologists, one is assigned to be the coach and the other assigned the student.

The coach and student sit facing each other, the coach says “start.” The student can only sit there with their hands on their lap, saying nothing. The student cannot react in any way. The coach then tries to find the “buttons” that will make the student react. It usually starts with ridiculing the student’s looks to see if that warrants a reaction. If the student cries, laughs, winces, or shows anger, the coach says “flunk” and repeats the words that the student reacted to until the student no longer reacts to those words. If there is no reaction, the coach digs more and more until the coach finds the buttons that make the student react. There are no limits to this drill, and it usually goes into sexual and abusive content.

And then it is turned around, the student becomes the coach and then returns the favor. So the statement from leader of the Church of Scientology that COVID is a bullbait means it’s only a drill invented to make us all react, and Scientologists shouldn’t be reacting to a global pandemic but rather just going on with life as normal in their dedication to Scientology and their daily activities.

Anything you see coming from Scientology and Scientologists, such as mask wearing and supposedly humanitarian efforts, is just a show. It’s for public relations reasons only.

Tom’s reaction that was released yesterday shows his true personality. He is an abusive person. I witnessed it, I’ve been a recipient of it on a small level, and I’ve been told of similar abuse by his former girlfriend, his employees, and his friends. This is the real Tom. This was the same reaction Tom gave his household staff when they did not have the right ingredients for him to make chocolate chip cookies. This is the same type of tirade Tom launched into when an assistant had the audacity to serve him a drink in a chipped mug.

Tom does not care of the abuse that employees of the Sea Organization receive, Tom does not care that Shelly Miscavige is being held prisoner by her husband David Miscavige, Tom does not care because Tom subscribes to the abusive culture of Scientology. If you are a Scientologist and work for Tom, if you step out of line with Tom, if you want to work fewer hours to raise your children, Tom will send reports to his church on you. And reports like that end up causing an employee to pay for interrogations costing thousands of dollars. Did Tom care about his poor employees not seeing their children when they were required to work inhumane hours? Does Tom care that they did not have money for their children’s education because they were being security-checked for him? How about the Scientology assistant who asked to leave working for him to raise her family? This person was sent to Scientology for interrogations for months accusing her of having “evil undisclosed intentions towards Tom” for wanting to leave. This became so costly that she lost her home. Did Tom care about her feeding her family? Anyone who is a Scientologist who works for Tom is working for Scientology and they are sent to Scientology to be “handled” for Tom, costing that person thousands and thousands of dollars.

Tom does not care about the families of his crew; this is all for publicity. Tom does not believe in family values. I mean, how anyone is falling for this is just mindblowing. I would bet that Tom had this rant written for him and had his Scientology assistant record and release it. Hearing a rich actor with enormous power address his crew in this way is a sign of weakness and a deeply troubled person. This is not just a rant of another asshole actor. Tom Cruise pretending that he cares is why a few have called him out. They know this is a publicity stunt, they know what Tom really is and what Tom really believes. Tom believes in the destruction of family if a member decides to leave Scientology. Tom belongs to a cult that forbids victims of pedophiles to report to the police, Tom belongs to a cult that forbids victims of rape report their crimes or abuse… and if they do, his cult says their lives should be destroyed for doing so.

Tom has a history of being abusive to his inner circle, including the abuse of neglecting his own daughter, Suri.

His mental state is showing. Tom seems to think that Hollywood is incapable of making films without his help. Saying such a thing indicates the godlike figure Tom believes he is, and what he is told by Scientology. The reality is, anyone who is working in Hollywood today is working under strict COVID guidelines. Anyone who is working knows this. Tom Cruise is not dictating how films are being made, even if he seems to think so. This psychotic rant only proves what many who know Tom or have worked for Tom knows: He is an abusive dictator just as he was taught by his guru David Miscavige.

To commend this behavior only signifies that those who find this behavior normal or brave were probably abused or are abusers themselves. This is an actor with enormous power on the set of his film, this is not just a guy in the middle of a public place standing up to someone for not wearing a mask. This is Tom friggin’ Cruise wielding his power and threatening and degrading his crew.

As a producer and the lead of a film, Tom addressing his crew in this manner is a clear indication that he is used to abusing his power. He thinks this is normal behavior and, to be clear, this is “normal” behavior coming from a Scientologist. In fact, this is tame coming from a Scientologist. Abuse is not only taught in Scientology, but also commended. Hearing Tom abuse his crew while others are praising him for showing that he cares is a farce.

No one needs to be “addressed” by Tom about safety codes. There are producers who could have and should have handled the situation privately and professionally. What more likely happened was, two crew members who were in the same zone were talking to each other and Tom saw this as an opportunity to appear as the epitome of strength; of a leader who is taking this pandemic very seriously. This behavior is not normal or appropriate. No one can respond to his outburst without being fired. And again, this is not a pandemic that Tom and Scientology believe in.

In addition, Scientologists are so manipulative and abusive that they believe that this “tone” is the “winning tone” of the country right now and therefore can only help Tom’s reputation to have this leaked.

Imagine if this were a woman. She would be called a lunatic.

On a movie set there are COVID officers who monitor mask wearing. Crews are separated into groups and zones and are not allowed to step into zones they are not assigned to. The camera crew is in its own zones, and they are only allowed to be with each other. The wardrobe department is in their own zones and must eat together. They cannot mix in other zones, they must wear wrist bands that show what zones they are. The set is taped off to show where the zones are, and people know not to walk in a zone they don’t belong in. All cast and crew are tested every other day, temperatures are taken every day upon arrival to set, new masks are given upon their arrival, anyone from out of town must stay in their hotels and are monitored, they are driven to set from those in their zones. They are not being monitored by Tom Cruise; they are being monitored by the COVID officers assigned to the movie. There are strict guidelines that are being required to be on set.

So, my short answer to how I feel about yet another one of Tom’s psychotic rants being exposed? I am getting “small dick energy” from Tom and men like him.

And I only wish someone had stepped in and had done something about it. We have enough of the types who stand by and allow this kind of behavior to go on.

— Leah Remini

Date: December 19, 2020 11:10AM

yet it is a position of need, and so of weakness.

So ya gotta ask:
How did he get there?

Date: December 19, 2020 01:09PM

josephssmmyth Wrote:

“Tom Cruise claimed he does not get so much as a cold because of Scientology. All Scientologists believe that if they aren’t connected to what they label “suppressive persons” they will not get sick.”

==That’s perfect. I do like claims that can be tested.
All he has to do is contact the James Randi foundation and setup an experiment.
But if he is going to use that “connected” excuse, then his claim is not testable and so, has 0 value.

Keep in mind that we aren’t just going to inject Tom Cruise with the flesh eating bacteria.
We are also going to inject pure water into maybe 50 other people.
If Tom Cruise gets sick and the other 50 people don’t show any symptoms, then we can rule out the suppressive persons causing illness hypothesis.

^^^^^The above only contains my initial suggestion. I am in no way connected with the James Randi Foundation.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 10:50AM

I listened to whole rant. At first I was with him that people weren't following protocol. But it went on, and, on and on and there was something very off about it. Somebody needed to snap the clapboard. Sounded more like he was trying to make himself sound like the greatest person on the planet.

Then I thought how this was the flip side of the jumping for joy on the couch on that talk show. One extreme to the other.

Tom Cruise is Matron Mama Morton in disguise. Keep doing her the favors and you should be alright. Maybe.

He makes Oaks seem like a lovely person.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 11:01AM

Important to remember that in Scientology Tom is treated with even more reverence and deference than a Mormon Prophet or the Pope. His ego gets stroked 24/7 either at Scientology or in Movie Star Land. The more he gets the more he needs and that day he was having major withdrawals.

If two people weren't distancing properly that was wrong but not the entire story.

He also wasn't worried about people's jobs. He is heavily invested financially as a producer and star and even more invested with his giant ego which needs another hit movie desperately and anyone in his way, like the careless distancers-- are going to get his full wrath if he thinks they are jeopardizing his next fix.

Date: December 19, 2020 11:13AM

Done & Done Wrote:
> Important to remember that in Scientology Tom is
> treated with even more reverence and deference
> than a Mormon Prophet or the Pope. His ego gets
> stroked 24/7 either at Scientology or in Movie
> Star Land. The more he gets the more he needs and
> that day he was having major withdrawals.
>
> If two people weren't distancing properly that was
> wrong but not the entire story.
>
> He also wasn't worried about people's jobs. He is
> heavily invested financially as a producer and
> star and even more invested with his giant ego
> which needs another hit movie desperately and
> anyone in his way, like the careless distancers--
> are going to get his full wrath if he thinks they
> are jeopardizing his next fix.

With theatres all but completely vacated, he knows he can't afford the ususl run-up in promotional advertising before the stupid film's release.

Free promoting scam, very poorly acted!

Date: December 19, 2020 12:04PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> Important to remember that in Scientology Tom is
> treated with even more reverence and deference
> than a Mormon Prophet or the Pope.

Clue that structurally Scientology and Mormonism are precisely the same thing.
Only the hemline differs.

> The more he gets the more he needs and
> that day he was having major withdrawals.

Exactly. So we have here the bottomless empty pit of mythology

> He also wasn't worried about people's jobs.

Concur, it concerns an empty bottomless pit

One thing for certain:
Tom Cruise does not enjoy being Tom Cruise

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 12:11PM

There used to be an RFM member here that had worked with Cruise on set. He said that he was very nice and would chat like a normal person with the set staff. But, that was very early on in his career. It looks like Scientology has changed him very much for the worse.

Date: December 19, 2020 12:48PM

Heidi GWOTR Wrote:
> He said that he was
> very nice and would chat like a normal person with
> the set staff. But, that was very early on in his
> career. It looks like Scientology has changed him
> very much for the worse.
===============================

So gotta ask, what was it in him that found/finds Scientology attractive.
The "being special-ness" that Scientology promises.

And did Scientology change him, or did it simply allow him to expose fully what already he was beneath all along?

Date: December 19, 2020 01:21PM

Dr. No Wrote:

> So gotta ask, what was it in him that found/finds
> Scientology attractive.
> The "being special-ness" that Scientology
> promises.
>
> And did Scientology change him, or did it simply
> allow him to expose fully what already he was
> beneath all along?

Good question. What makes a person want to join scientology?

From wikipedia:
Mimi Rogers' father became interested in Dianetics in 1952[33] and later became a prominent Mission Holder with the Church of Scientology and friend of its founder, L. Ron Hubbard.[13] Mimi Rogers also reportedly became a highly trained auditor with the church.

Tom Cruise married her in 1987. He went into Scientology in 1990 through his wife and they got divorced in 1990.

^^^^^That part is bizarre.

I guess he believes the alien stories of Scientology. If you are going to believe that all illnesses are just psychological, then I think the door is open for more crazy beliefs.

~~~~iceman9090

Date: December 19, 2020 04:17PM

where you are crowned King -- until one day your subjects eat you up.

And it is unfair of me to, from a distance, casually dissect Tom of Cruise.
Until you realize suddenly -- it is not him on the table. It's me.

Certainly, I have a bit of Tom Cruise in me. (Or possibly a lot.)
But I see him.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 10:08PM

Xenu approves of this message.

Date: December 21, 2020 10:00AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Xenu approves of this message.

The Xenu Xmas ain't what it used to be for Chris Sheldon, ha!

Jehovah's Witnesses, mormo-ism and Scientology!

Good Grief..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65gdkZhF1VQ

We may have a much larger kinship than we maybe ever thought.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: December 22, 2020 03:29AM

This was their White Horse moment: Hollywood is hanging by a thread, and a Scientologist saved it.

Date: December 22, 2020 03:56AM

Gordon B. Stinky Wrote:
> This was their White Horse moment: Hollywood is
> hanging by a thread, and a Scientologist saved it.

Ghost Protocol.. FallOut.. WhiteHorse!

Nailed it, definitely! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:_Impossible_7

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.