Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: December 24, 2020 09:15AM

Has anyone had plates of Christmas goodies dropped off? Carolers? Goopy testimony-laden Christmas letters?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 25, 2020 05:09PM

The Mormons have been going full-speed for Covid Christmas:
Home-made and kid-made cookies are the most popular.
Home-made carameled apples
One Christus, 3 inches tall
A cloth manger scene (quite cute, actually)
A bag of wrapped Hershey miniatures, like from Halloween.

Invitation to another church youth activity at an indoor trampoline park.

A birthday party sleep-over. (Said no to that.)

Three Mormon wedding invitations. Can't attend the temple ceremony, but can risk our health to go eat punch and cake with them. (One invitation was for "high risk" people to go from 5:00-6:00, and everyone else at 6:00-9:00.)

I'm the family bad-guy, because I feel it's foolish to eat home-made food that comes from an unknown source, or from sources you know don't take precautions--during a pandemic. Only about 1/2 the people who come to our door have worn masks, so our kids mask up before they answer the door.

An elderly couple--both the husband and the wife--died of Covid, in our immediate neighborhood. They had been in isolation since last spring. I wonder who dropped off holiday cookies to them.

An anonymous "Secret Santa", has been leaving home made cookies, muffins, popcorn, cupcakes and bread on our doorstep. We suspect it is Mormon-originated. We are not poor, or in need, or to be pitied in any way. I mean, there are many in far worse need in these hard times. My family is just temporarily "less active," that's all. My son-in-law still pays a full tithing.

The Mormons in my family are not attending church or any church activities, because of Covid, yet the Mormons are treating these family members like apostates. Since last summer, the Mormons have called them, invited them to parties (often dangerous), tried to pressusre and manipulate them to go to their large indoor meetings, rung our doorbellI, sent the missionaries over twice, tried to lure the kids behind our back, etc. Some of the Mormon neighbors have even attacked my family's decision about mask-wearing and distancing. I just laugh at my family, and say, "Now you know how it feels to be on the other end of Mormon judgments, accusations, and love-bombing tactics.

No one needs the Mormon church anymore.

My Mormon family members are now saying that they don't want to go back to church, ever!

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: December 25, 2020 06:31PM

I just received my annual Christmas card from a stranger. It’s always addressed to “sister” and my name so we know the sender’s motives. I ripped it up.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: December 26, 2020 01:05AM

I was invited to the "Block Xmas Party" thrown by the ward of course.

They dropped of a star and an invitation to all watch some church program at the same time followed by caroling from our front yard.

I didn't watch the show but went outside at the appointed hour. Saw exactly one of my many mormon neighbors out singing the specified songs.

Was very covid safe but didn't seem to get much participation.

Was kind of like the 4th of July party. Everyone was supposed to watch a patriotic concert at home followed by personal fireworks in the front yard. Again very covid safe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.