Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: December 24, 2020 01:30PM

Source:
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kirk-cameron-latest-maskless-singalong-protest-slammed-irresponsible-181946394.html

I am going to copy the full text to here since that website is temporary.

In case you do not know Kirk Cameron, he was a TV star. I think at age 17 he became super religion and became bothersome to the other actors on the set.
He somehow became a young earth creationist christian and joined up with Ray Comfort the Bananaman.
Atheist circles began to call Ray Comfort “the Bananaman” because there is a video statement of him saying “Look at the banana. It was designed to perfectly fit in the human hand. It comes with a tab just like a Pepsi can. What a fine piece of artificial technology. You can peel it open and it fits perfectly in your mouth.”
Some atheists commented that a penis can fit in the asshole and therefore, the jewish god designed homosexuality and anal sex.
Some atheists commented that the banana in your local supermarket is a product of artificial selection and is nothing like the natural banana which is shorter and fatter and has huge seeds all throughout and is not sweet and difficult to eat.
Some atheists commented that a coconut can’t fit in your hand and is a bad design.
Some atheists commented that “Look, this bus fits in this river.” (argument of design in nature)
Some atheists commented that a hole is designed so that water can fit into it and the water can claim that the hole was made perfectly for him. (argument of design in nature).
Some atheists commented that viruses are designed to fit in you. (argument of design in nature).
Some atheists commented that the banana fits in the hand of all apes. (argument of design in nature + Evolution theory).
================================

TITLE=
Kirk Cameron's latest mask-less sing-along protest slammed as 'irresponsible'
Kirk Cameron's latest mask-less sing-along protest slammed as 'irresponsible'
Suzy Byrne
Suzy Byrne
Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo CelebrityWed., December 23, 2020, 1:19 p.m. EST

Kirk Cameron continues to hold his mask-less pandemic protests.

Just as he vowed he would do, the former child star turned evangelist, 50, hosted another caroling event at The Oaks mall in Thousand Oaks, Calif., on Tuesday — as new COVID-19 cases surge in the state, deaths rise and hospitalizations have never been higher.

Cameron, an ‘80s star of Growing Pains fame, didn’t wear a mask to the event, of course, instead putting on a Santa hat and fake beard, for the sing-along. According to KABC-TV in Los Angeles, approximately 100 people attended with few if any wearing masks or practicing social distancing.

The mall management company slammed the gathering, saying it was a “non-sanctioned event” and calling it "irresponsible.” A statement on Twitter called for organizers to move the location, which KABC-TV reported was next to a COVID-19 testing site.

Thumbing their noses at the CDC advising Americans to use masks to slow the spread of COVID-19, there was even a table at the sing-along where people could supposedly obtain “mask exempt badges.”

Cameron attended the protest after traveling back to California from Florida, where days earlier he and his son James attended the controversial Turning Point USA event at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. A photo showed the men — sans masks — inside the venue’s ballroom.

According to the Washington Post, the conservative student group’s event at Trump’s private club allegedly violated local coronavirus restrictions and disregarded authorities’ pleas to avoid such massive gatherings.

Photos on Instagram showed many attendees inside without masks:

The sing-along also disregarded authorities’ pleas to avoid such massive gatherings as Ventura County, where Thousand Oaks is located, has recorded more than 200 deaths since the start of the pandemic and more than 32,000 total cases in total. On Tuesday, the county reported 737 new positive cases. There are more than 300 patients hospitalized for COVID-19 with 67 of them in the ICU, according to Tuesday data.

In an interview on Fox News last week, Cameron defended the mask-free caroling protests, saying, “This is the land of the free and home of the brave and there are thousands and thousands of people in our community who would rather not suffer in isolation and come out to sing and express their gratitude. Because we believe there is immunity in community but there is desolation in isolation and I want to give people hope.”

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 24, 2020 01:41PM

> ...there is immunity in community
> ...there is desolation in isolation
> 9...and I want to give people hope.

And hope rhymes with dope... But he wouldn't finish the quatrain, the mope!

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: December 24, 2020 04:02PM

And Kirk rhymes with jerk. Cameron is a long-past has-been, but still an attention whore.

And quite a few xtian conservatives are angry with that Turning Point convention in Florida:

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/conservatives-decry-tpusa-conference-for-having-bang-girls-blast-free-cash-at-teenaged-attendees/

"Conservatives Decry TPUSA Conference For Having 'Bang Girls' Blast Free Cash at Teenaged Attendees"

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: December 25, 2020 10:44AM

logged off today Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point_USA

It looks like TPUSA was invented in 2012 but I had never heard about it. There is now one in Canada and the UK. Thank you logged off today, you complete me.

Wow, there is a lot of money involved. 8.2 M$!
But personally, I don't see the point of such organizations.
They seem to want freedom but it's the usual republican bullshit of not wanting to wear masks as if wearing a mask is a large burden.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: December 29, 2020 03:45AM

I am amazed at what a horrible person he has become. I loved "Growing Pains", the show was popular right when I was a teenager, I am only a year younger than Kirk Cameron. I am happy to see that his two TV siblings have distanced themselves from him and his vile actions and rhetoric.

Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 11:47PM

And Kirk is still an asshole.

https://abc7.com/kirk-cameron-new-years-eve-nye-gathering-in-malibu-caroling-thousands-oaks/9239156/

"Kirk Cameron hosts New Year's Eve gathering at Point Mugu, despite warnings from public health officials"

"In addition to Cameron's event, Christian activist Sean Feucht is also reportedly planning a series of New Year's gatherings in the Los Angeles area, one day after hosting another event on Skid Row."

Our hospitals are overflowing. Thanks for not helping, guys! Why does it always seem to be christians? I haven't heard of a single "Muslim activist" holding super-spreaders, or of any mosques suing the gubmint to hold services during the pandemic; if anyone has heard of one, please inform me.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 06:25PM

Ever feeling optimistic about the future? Realize there are legions of people who think Kirk Cameron knows more about evolution than the late Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking combined and let that sink in.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 06:31PM

Sounds like the guy always had a talent for toxic stupidity, and he's getting better at it.

Everybody should try to excel at something.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.