Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hujo ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 07:52PM

You guys know what really annoys me...

When mormons say "do your research on Joseph Smith, but only go to our site because no other ones are reliable or true." That's like only shopping for clothes at Nike, or asking Apple what phone brand is the best one to buy.

Idk how many of you know this, but this years come follow me theme is the DNC. In the DNC Joe Smith is obviously gonna be polarized, so TBM's say "only look at what the churches website says." Ugh. This is gonna be a long year of every TBM kissing Joe Smiths a*s and ignoring other true stories and data about him.

On the exmoteens subreddit one person there talked about Joe Smiths other wives when Emma Mack was brought up. I kinda want to do something like this but that could earn me some distrust from my parents... I'm at an all time high right now, got my PB a few months ago, been acting like a good TBM, and even got ordained to be a priest. Just something funny for me to consider.

Seriously though, if you have any funny short one liners about Joe Smith and his questionable past, drop it down below.

Enjoy your week guys ✌

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2021 07:53PM by hujo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 08:30PM

I refer them to the essays on LDS.com as a starting place. It shocks them enough for more questions.

Date: January 17, 2021 08:41PM

LDS.com? Logical design solutions? I'm not on the right one. Can u send a link pls?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 09:43PM

Thanx for the laugh. Someone has snagged the domain name before the mormons got it.

Date: January 17, 2021 11:02PM

Ya Dave no problemo. Btw I recently got social media so I requested to follow your insagram... at least I think I got the right one.

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 09:52PM

sticky at the top

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1180178

lds.org will redirect

Date: January 17, 2021 11:03PM

Yeah... hopefully one will come up in come follow me and I'll say "oh can we read more about that that sounds interesting". Maybe it'll get them to question

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 11:08PM

hujo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's like only
> shopping for clothes at Nike, or asking Apple what
> phone brand is the best one to buy.

Exactly. It's like going to the Shopping Network and buying a $10,000 item, listening to only the salesperson selling the product. Don't go on any other sites looking at reviews. Don't look at any competitive products. Just believe us and buy our product. We're the best because we say so.

The Mormon Church wants 10% of your income. You'd better believe that people should look at reviews and check out other churches as well.

Of course they don't see it that way. They're the salesmen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.