Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 17, 2021 05:25PM

"Fear of freedom", a term used by Christopher Hitchens, is an indoctrination alive and well in the youthful mission program of the church. I can report this as I have been witnessing it first hand in the correspondence between myself and a young missionary.

"Are you encouraged or allowed even to keep up with the current events in your area?" "Is door to door missionary work still being done?" With both of these questions I stated my worry and concern for the safety, both physically and mentally, of the missionaries when these were employed.

The answer which was quickly provided is that the work of the Lord is vital and, what is important, it is being guided here on earth by a Prophet. And, we all know the implications of what "being guided by a prophet" implies - members have no right to question, to second guess, or even worry a teeny-tiny-bit about what is being said and implemented. Just do as you are told.

Now, if these two questions or any of my other questions caused this missionary to take stock, to "question" safety, it was not apparent. But what is very apparent, is that the indoctrination provided by this religion of wishful thinking curtails freedom, creating a state where "fear of freedom" can thrive and grow.

We here in the Land of the Free have witnessed first hand what happens when indoctrinated hoards know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that freedom only means that you do exactly what your religions tells you "you are FREE to do and say" AND anyone who disagrees with you is the child of Satan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 17, 2021 06:41PM

Heavenly Father gave Mormons free agency so that they would have something to trade in order to obtain a temple recommend--the TR being proof that you do as you are told, when you are told, how you are told. The why is meant to be ignored.

The right to be owned is a freedom. Right?

Nice try being kind to the missionaries. You may have sown a seed. You never know.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 17, 2021 07:25PM

Remember
Sit still
Shut up
Pay--Pray--obey!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.