Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 08:50PM

We've got all this testing going on, with goals we need to attain, first just to be 'saved' and then other metrics have to be met to be able to become ghawds like him. And we can all see that only a certain percentage will make it. And let's not even get into "An Eternity of Torment!!!"

I betcha that NOT testing us, just as I never 'tested' my kids, would result in pretty much the same percentage of his kids who will go on to become ghawds like him...you know, stay in the family business.

And the rest, what with an eternity to figure things out, may just be late bloomers, and such.

When eternity is in play, when does it become 'too late!' to go and do something?

I think there's definitely something screwy going on with this whole worshiping ghawd thing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 10:47PM

The “testing” is to see if our checks will bounce.

Date: February 28, 2021 10:55PM

But He's ghawd! He already knows!!!

A bad check bouncing won't/wouldn't inconvenience him in the slightest!!

Bad Check Bouncing...    doesn't that have a kind of ring to it?

"When Sonny hit the big city, he was like a bad check bouncing..."

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 01:42PM

“But He's ghawd! He already knows!!!”

So he’s a sadist. That explains a lot.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 11:13PM

Maybe he never wants to see some of us ever again.

Date: February 28, 2021 11:30PM

> Maybe he never wants to
> see some of us ever again.

This is a valid issue. Plus some of us never want to see him again.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 11:52PM

him?

Date: February 28, 2021 11:58PM

Him... because I'm railing against mormon ghawd and the mormon church and the harm it did to me and ri you or pretty much we wouldn't be here.

It's the mormon ghawd I want to see fall from grace, along with the mormon prophet, his mormon aposse, along with the entire Reserve Kingdom.

tap-tap-tap -- chip-chip-chip

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 10:56AM

When confronted with a query as to why ghawd does or doesn't do things, the mormonly response is simply, "he is testing us" which doesn't answer anything. So, if he is always testing us, then why? Again, the mormonly response is that he testing our faith in him.

I have several kids, and yes, I followed the preached dogma to have lots and lots of kids. My Stake President told me, "that is the main way for the church to double or triple every generation" which made perfect sense to this returned missionary.

Having said that, I would never "test" one of my kids to see if they were attuned to the teachings of the mighty mormon church. I can't even imagine asking one of them to slay another just to test their faith or loyalty. Or giving one of them leprosy to see if the others would offer aid. That's unfathomable.

On the other hand, each of my kids learned how to ride a bicycle with me running alongside trying to hold them up so they didn't fall and get hurt. Eventually, I had to stop panting and just let them "learn" on their own which included some band aids. If I had the ability to wave a magic wand that would instill in them ability to ride a bicycle without the learning process, would I? I dunno, I would like to help my kids learn to save themselves, but to what extent? The same thing applies to toddlers learning to walk.

As for ghawd saving all of his kids, he/she probably doesn't want some of them to "return home". Perhaps some of the bad ones are that way so ghawd has a visual aid for the others to not want to be bad, if that makes any sense.

Date: March 01, 2021 11:07AM

There is ever so much that makes way more sense than mormonism and the path it has been dragged along coming up on two centuries now.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 11:22AM

"Why doesn't ghawd just save all his children?"

Entertainment value

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 12:36PM

Satan’s Plan was clearly the better one. Force everyone to be righteous (TSCC has actually switched over to that plan) for 80 years and then live for eternity like a Kardashian? Please...do the math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 12:36PM by lapsed2.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 01:41PM

WHO???

Date: March 01, 2021 01:46PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHO???

See, in mormonism, a faith from which many here have 'escsped', there's a ghawd, and it's this mormon version of ghawd who is under discussion.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 01, 2021 04:41PM

Nah, that would merely drive down heavenly real estate prices.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.