Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 09:00PM

On your mission, did you ever feel "great joy" when an investigator gained a testimony and committed to baptism? Did you have a "meeting of the minds"? Did you keep in touch with each other after your mission? Did the investigator "eat up" all of your teachings? Did you feel you did a perfect job teaching, and that the investigator understood all of your teachings and was converted as a consequence?

I didn't. Most of my baptisms were children, urged on by their parents. I only remember one of the adults that was baptized. He "connected" with my companion. I didn't understand the connection, and I didn't understand how he became converted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2021 09:01PM by behindcurtain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 09:22PM

On my mission, I never taught anyone who got baptized, and I never served in a district that had a baptism when I was there.

That reality doesn’t exactly bring me “great joy,” but at least I don’t feel guilty about bringing someone into the cult.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 10:02PM

Only two baptisms on my entire mission. They were both male political refugees from Croatia who lived together. I wanted to be excited and feel the spirit on the big day of their baptism but for some reason the mood was very sombre. All the missionaries who taught the two men attended the baptism. There was no spirit. Everyone seemed depressed. Not at all what I had expected.

The two men didn't last long in the ward as they were not fellowshipped. TBMs aren't usually excited about political refugee converts.

I wrote a couple of letters to the Croatian men after my mission but one of them developed a crush on me so I stopped. One was an artist and drew a really neat picture in my triple combination. I will never toss it because of the picture.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 04, 2021 11:42AM

N E V E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 04, 2021 02:12PM

I did. I had really bought into The Message when I went on a mission. My comp and I baptized an entire family in Lugano, Switzerland, which hadn't seen a baptism in a decade, and that made us really happy. They stayed active, too. The father eventually passed away from cancer, but remained faithful.

I feel badly about it today.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 04, 2021 09:08PM

I looked forward with great joy to possibly seeing some nipple action when we baptized adult females.

Alas, it was not to be.

Let that be a lesson to those of you who don't already know that ghawd has yet many more things to reveal, but not everyone is going to be in on it. I'm told it's not personal...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 04, 2021 10:54PM

If it's not personal, you need to turn off your laptop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.