Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 11:46AM

"And then we go out in the general public, and people are like, 'I can't breathe with a mask on.' And it is like -- that is BS. Because I know what it looks like when you can't breathe. And you are perfectly fine."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/03/06/973294303/comic-how-one-covid-19-nurse-navigates-anti-mask-sentiment

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 03:36PM

Let's give Idaho a break lol. Masks are still being worn here and other restrictions are still in place. Like many I still wear my mask even though I have had both vaccine shots. Idaho has not completely relaxed its Covid regulations like some states.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 03:53PM

I wish everyone were as responsible as you.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:01PM

Thank you for having the sense to still wear your mask.

And it's good Idaho hasn't gone "mayor from 'Jaws'" on COVID regulations.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:05PM

Yup, I don't think that even Idaho can out crazy Arizona when it comes to COVID morons.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:59PM

I'm glad to hear that.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 07:39PM

The mask protects others from you as much as you from them. You have had the shots but nothing is 100% and you could still get the Virus or in the process of fighting it off give it to someone else.

Not wearing the masks is selfish as well as stupid.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:11PM

Are the potatoes required to wear masks?

My list of 'best fries':

Wendy's

Arby's

McDonald's

Dicks

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:23PM

Five Guys has really good fries. Not sure whose fries are best.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 04:25PM

It's hard to find a combination of good burgers and fries. It seems you get one or the other. But 5 Guys might be the best of both, on average.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 07:56PM

Works out great when you have an In N Out a block away from McDonalds.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 08:55PM

Saucie and I have done that! Burger from In 'n Out, fries from McDonalds!!

That was back when we were young and daring...

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 05:10AM

And probably LDS. You had to keep at least one vice. But seriously, McDonalds fries was it?

Date: March 08, 2021 11:01AM

I stopped being LDS in 1965. But I'll always be mormon...

Date: March 07, 2021 06:57PM

My favorite

Date: March 07, 2021 07:00PM

Boise Fry Company which operates two or three local outlets offers a menu with several potato choices for fires including sweet potato.

Date: March 07, 2021 07:21PM

I saw a guy sweet talkin' some young potatoes.

I wanted to warn them that he looked like a masher.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 07:51AM

Once again my active lds family is torn about the subject of wearing masks. About half of them wear their mask and are interested in getting their covid vaccine or have already gotten their 2 covid vaccinations while the other half does only wear masks if required and has no interests in ever getting the covid vaccine.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-covid-mormon-church-20210226-h72tjhztczau3asvic6oweulgm-story.html

Now the prophet himself president Nelson has gotten the covid vaccine.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/church-leaders-covid-19-vaccine

My aunt who is in her seventies who has 7 children and 33 grandchildren mormon as can be does not believe in masks and does not want to the covid vaccine. "Follow the prophet he knows the way :)" There is a primary song.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 11:29AM

I ran across that scenario a while ago. I reported the event in this post on RFM. I have not been back to the bakery since. I mildly wonder if they are decimated now.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2345113,2345113#msg-2345113

Date: March 08, 2021 02:44PM

Different topic: you asked if Jordan (ours, not Randy) still comes around.

He's been on the board under at least two different nicknames this morning. The admins have removed one of his false fronts but he's still chasing "anybody" today.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 05:46PM

Thank you for the heads up.

Date: March 08, 2021 05:51PM

It's just cheap entertainment, like watching a train wreck.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 12:48PM

The whole thing about masks is so overblown. Are they helpful in helping stop the spread of viruses? Somewhat. A mask stops the droplets of spit we spray when we talk, sneeze, cough and breath. That’s all they do.

It’s stupid to wear a mask when you are isolated from other people so a mandate you have to wear a mask all the time is just dumb.

There’s more to it than masks. Don’t touch your face and wash your hands and keep your immune system up by keeping yourself in shape, getting plenty of sleep and eating healthy. Sure a mask might be helpful but people have become obsessed with the whole thing.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 06:14PM

If you are isolated from others, nobody is going to care if you are not wearing a mask. And no, they are not perfect protection, not even close. They are, however, better than nothing. Helmets won't necessarily keep you from getting killed or injured in a motorcycle accident either. But better than nothing.

As for the obsession, WTF. There are rules against public urination and defecation. Sometimes they are inconvenient. Rarely, they are extremely inconvenient, but I don't see anyone lobbying to get rid of the rules. Ditto having to wear shoes into a restaurant. Ditto driving 20 in a school zone. You don't get to decide that there are no kids that you can see, and you are a safer than average driver, so you can drive 40.

There are lots of public health and safety laws. Why is a mask mandate in a pandemic the only one people think they have the right to ignore?

Further, any claim of a Constitutional right is nonsense, and everyone knows it. If not wearing a mask was a constitutionally protected right, you just have to go to court, have the mandate declared unconstitutional, and that's the end of that. You will notice NOBODY is going to court to stop mask mandates. There have been some court cases on business closure orders, but not masks.

Lastly, when I ask people about why their selective rebellion against mask mandates, they start going on about the economic impact of business closures. I stop them and point out I didn't say anything about business closures. Masks don't require businesses to close. If anything, they mitigate the spread of the virus, helping to prevent having to close businesses. On RFM, Free Man is often guilty of this non-sequitur.

So it appears to me that it is the non-maskers who basically behaving with a mixture of pettiness and spite over what is a relatively small annoyance. The ones who refuse to mask up on an airplane are particularly bizarre, and airlines are starting to ban these people permanently from the airline, including any additional legs of their current ticket. The airline returns their money and bids them good riddance.

That's gotta be awkward.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2021 06:19PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 02:15AM

Thank you for that story.

It hits so close to home in the Mormon belt I live in.

The worst people around me are the Mormons and those related to them.

It seems all of them refuse to wear masks and they constantly try to break social distancing guidelines at the store.

They mock those who are wearing masks and some try to get in arguments with me because I wear one.

It's made me hate Mormons...which is sad, because I still am a Christian and believe I should try to love them...but I am having a very hard time. I hate the pain they cause and the distress they cause me.

The non-mormons I know around here wear masks. They are not the ones persecuting others.

I feel persecuted by Mormons, and I hate those that are persecuting me.

If they ever had a chance to convert me, I think they've lost it now. They are some of the most hateful people I've ever known. I did not appreciate some 6 foot tall (probably taller) man yelling at me angrily in the store because I was wearing a mask and asked him to stay at least 6 feet away from me. I hated his getting in my face. It showed his angel Moroni pin very clearly though.

I hate living where I do right now because the Mormons can't show the slightest humanity or human decency, and every one that I've met is Mormon. What type of example do they think Non-mormons are seeing by this. They certaintly aren't acting Christian.

I hear it's not better where I came from though, the Southern Baptist are acting the same way from what my relatives tell me.

I wish people would have taken this pandemic seriously. They didn't, and I lost family.

Thanks Mormons...I hope there IS justice in the afterlife because if there is, an awful lot of you will be held guilty of murder.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just sick of all the holier than though Mormons prancing around me not wearing masks and making fun of those who are taking the pandemic seriously.

I wish I was as strong as that nurse in the story, but I'm not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.