Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 08:10PM

Hell is at the very center of Mormon doctrine. It's just that they call it something else: TEMPLE MARRIAGE!

Marriage alone is a nightmare, a living death, legalize torture. The Mormons take it one step further with their "suffering is forever" doctrine.

And for me, I guess it is forever even though I left the Mormon Church years ago. I am 47 and feel like I've been married since I was 11 years old. 25 years on the chain gang will make you feel that way I suppose.

I curse that old bastard Kimball everyday. I curse the fact that I was stupid enough to follow him and get married at all.

One thing I can't understand about gays and lesbians---why the hell do you people want to get married in the first place?!!!? It's like wanting cancer.

Maybe in 5 years when the last one is 18 I'll be able to escape...if I have not blown my brains out first. (rant over)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 08:13PM

Anyone who sat through a 3 hour block meeting knows more about hell than most philosophers could imagine.

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 08:46PM

I DON'T want to get married. I just don't want anyone telling me I can't because I'm a second class citizen. Just like I have no desire to join the military, but I sure as hell get behind any legislation that stops the military from discriminating.

I don't get the point of being sealed for all eternity to someone you barely tolerate on earth. It does seem a might burdensome.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 09:50PM

Even though I do "love" my "ex"--being married (and I still am ha ha ha legally)--I was single and had a job I loved until I was 27 when I married. I was having A LOT of fun, but, you know, you just HAVE TO BE MARRIED (I'm female, so more pressure). I got married, had kids, and was very, very disillusioned. I quit my job, stayed home to raise twins . . . while his life when on the way it had before and he had all the time in the world to cheat on top of it while I was being a SAHM. (I did sneak looking for a job when my kids were 10 months.)

I have been in a relatoinship for 6-1/2 years now and NO WAY IN HELL I'll ever get married again. I like my freedom to come and go as I please. I live with him PART TIME now--and I go back to my house part time. It is wonderful! Kids raised. Paycheck my own . . . no boss.

The reason they want women to get married young is so they never experience the working world, having your own paycheck and being your own boss.

Posted by: hapeheretic ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 10:10PM

Oh, believe me, so many aspects of Mormonism ARE hell, or put you through hell, at least in my experience.

I was born especially sensitive to the church and its teachings, and felt like I had to be 110% perfect to be acceptable, to the church, and to myself.

The whole time I was growing up, all I ever remember hearing about was how filthy and evil immorality was, and that we must, must, MUST be morally clean, no exceptions. So many lectures, droning on and on ad nauseum.

I was a total goody-two-shoes, but felt paranoid about ever slipping up and doing something the church deemed "bad". Stories of excommunications, confessions to the bishop, all that stuff scared the hell out of me. Even after 7 years of inactivity, the scars still remain, although I've gotten over the WoW stuff. Even 8 years ago, however, I never would've allowed myself to indulge.

Anyway, after years of severe OCD, crushing depression, and feelings of utter hopelessness, I can testify, brothers and sisters, that, yes, there IS a hell, and it's caused by Mormonism (at least for me).

Posted by: losinglisa ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 11:55PM

The church is pretty genius to force marriage young. You're married before you have time to think about religion much, and then you're stuck with someone who loves it. And if you've been married more than 9 months you have kids, so divorce isn't as easy an option.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.