Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 10:22AM

In another thread, the very EOD wrote . . .

"Because we are One Nation UNDER ghawd...

Credence is given to the notion that without ghawd, America would not be here!

He gave you White Folk your nation, he gave you Manifest Destiny and he gave you the Polka!" (EOD being the poster child for the deepest truths cloaked in jest.)

Stuck in my brain, these words, the rest of the evening, doing a tango with the ole cerebellum, these words were. Visions of Joseph Smith declaring to his followers that God had given them a land, or, more often a city to take over by any means they chose. Because, God said it was theirs!

Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Genesis 13:17

Then that song scored my thoughts, "This land is my land, this land is your land . . ." Says who? Sez God, you idiot!

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Exodus 23:20

Cue the theme of "Exodus" . . . "This land is mine. God gave this and to me." I loved to play that song on the piano when I was young. The deep resounding tones. Now I wonder about the lyrics. They resound as well. (When I saw the movie I was too young, 10, to understand but Paul Newman was hot I knew even then,)

The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me. Leviticus 25:23

Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be. Deuteronomy 11:24

How often I have heard from a Mormon pulpit that God prepared America so that his church could be restored. How's that going?

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Psalms 2:8

Heathen for your inheritance? Is this God saying you can have a black servant in the CK?

Our greed. Our selfishness. Our inability to love each other as part of a whole. Is God the god of Justice or the God of Justification? The greatest excuse in the universe for selfishness, this God? Not going away anytime soon. Before long we can add another chapter to this video:

http://blog.ninapaley.com/2012/10/01...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 11:17AM

All brought down to earth with Isaiah 15:40 lest we start getting self important.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 11:37AM

Good one.

Surely you aren't inferring that the Bible can be contradictory? No way.

I prefer to think of it as a smorgasbord. A buffet. Served with grape juice for Mormons and wine for everybody else.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.