Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 01:02PM

I live in Washington state. We have a group of kids in the neighborhood that play together 6-11. They are all well behaved. Except for the 4 Mormon kids in the group. Coincidently their parents are under the impression that their kids are the role models of the group and the best behaved.

Parents: the church does not raise good kids for you, it only raises kids who can sit still in a tie or dress for 3 hours.

These kids escalate everything into a hitting and bulling episode for all others. I'm not just talking rough hosing but hitting little girls, shoving other kids into cars, just nasty. I've told the parents, spoke to all the parents, we are all sick of as the mormon parents act like every event is the first time and it is an attack on their perfect children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 01:15PM

Maybe if you tell the mormon parents you're an apostate exmo, they'll take the initiative and proactively pull their own kids out of the play group. Everyone wins.

Date: March 29, 2021 01:27PM

We did, in a way. They saw our Utah plates when we moved here and they saw us drinking wine at the neighborhood party. I though they were going to cry.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 01:28PM

The other kids need to refuse to play with the bullies. Sometimes that is the only solution. I once cut off a friendship with a girl who was a bully to me. I heard many years later that she had straightened out.

The parents of the kids who are being hit, pushed, etc. can also choose to involve the police. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes that is the only thing that gets the other parents' attention. Of course you want to try everything else first, but it's an effective last resort.

Date: March 29, 2021 01:32PM

We don't let our kids play with them. These Mormon latchkey kids just show up in people's yards. Its not a huge problem, just that the parents are so clueless and the disparity between how they see the world and reality is enormous.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 01:41PM

Yes, some parents think that the church will raise their child. The same parents also think that schools will do the entire job of educating and socializing their child. The parents put nothing into the kids, and then wonder why things go wrong.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 02:38PM

Are you suggesting that sitting quietly does not necessarily equate with true reverence? That's heresy by Mormon standards.

My brother-in-law's sister-in-law (she, her husband, and their two kids are now out, but her husband was a counselor in their stake presidency just over a year ago; she's a dermatologist and never fit in well with the Molly Mo types even though she's of pioneer stock) was telling me of an incident in Relief Society a couple of years ago. The teacher asked, "How are we different as parents than are parents who are not members of the church?"

One clueless soul chimed in with, "We're BETTER parents! I've had numerous teachers tell me that LDS children are ALWAYS the best-behaved and most well-adjusted children."

Brother-in-law's sister-in-law responded with, "I think we've ALL taught enough Primary and Sunday School classes to know THAT'S not true." Surprisingly, or maybe not, the women agreed with brother-in-law's sister-in-law.

Date: March 29, 2021 04:18PM

So true. I have a friend that has a junker jeep liberty that can hardly run a day without breaking down. He assure me its trail rated. It is the same with Mormons they make these imaginary badges, like good wife, good husbands, faithful member, mission worthy, temple worthy, returned missionary, endowed, tithe paying, spiritual giant, bishop material, Mormon royalty, pioneer stock etc none of them mean a thing and its just ribbons they collect to validate each others wasteful existence.

sitting quietly mean you have guilted and yelled at your kid to sit quietly, congratulation, jesus will invite him for back page tour when he returns and give him hid own universe to rule.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 02:43PM

too many parents think their children (age no matter-difference) MUST BE STATUES when outside (& inside?) their homes.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 02:50PM

She lives in the Twin Falls, Idaho, area, and a lot of her students are not mormon. She says she can tell the mormon kids the minute they walk in. She says the parents expect a lot of attention themselves and that the mormon kids think they are special and deserve extra special attention, too.

My sister is still active mormon and she sees this. She prefers not to have mormon kids in her class. She doesn't believe in much about the church anymore, but her husband likes her to go, so she does.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 02:56AM

Yes, kids learn that arrogant sense of entitlement from their parents.

I taught Primary for years. The kids used to brag about the bribes their parents would give them for sitting still in scarament meeting. It starts small, and gets bigger. For example, many Mormon parents would buy their kid a car if he went on a mission, and stayed for the entire duration. Missionaries are also promised their pick of the pretty young Mormon girls, if they return honorably from their mission.

Threats are used even more often by Mormon parents. "If you aren't reverent, you will burn in the second coming." "If you don't obey and don't get married in the temple, you will separated from your mommy and daddy and all your loved ones FOR ETERNITY." "If you don't go on a mission, no decent girl will marry you, and you will be passed over for all the prime church leadership callings." (Like, Church President?). "If you take one drink, you will become an alcoholic."

Instead of waiting for God to judge people in the hereafter, a lot of Mormons carry out their punishments NOW, in the form of shunning (separation from friends and family) dis-owning their own children (casting into outer darkness) trying to ruin the businesses and reputations of ex-Mormons (God will withdraw His blessings--hell--why wait--we'll withdraw them right now, in His name.)

Where's the love? (Not in the Mormon church, in my experience.)

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 04:30PM

I don't know what your talking about. My kids were always perfect.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 03:44AM

Is that you, Mom?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 12:35AM

Posted by: Moe H ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 01:46PM

How I miss those 3 long hours sitting on side of my Mother with my brother on the opposite side. After 1 hour, my brother and I would have to be split up because of giggling and poking. What I remember from those days:
1. Fast Sunday and everybody saying they believe the LDS church is the true church. Of course someone would eventually cry during their testimony
2. Happy I never had to give a 2 1/2 talk. I learned early to never volunteer.
3. Wondering when I could stop going to church. Eventually, that happened around 16 but then I started dating Mormon girls...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.