Date: May 02, 2021 12:43AM
Pearson: Only about 15% of people said polygamy was just fine, and that they trusted God and it would all be worked out in heaven. The other 85% gave their personal stories of extreme pain and difficulty around those issues.
This may be the most egregious “women’s issue” that is still floating out there with no one addressing it. This can’t continue, because it’s just too damaging.https://religionnews.com/2016/07/20/mormon-women-fear-eternal-polygamy-study-shows/
When I was Mormon, I had a warped view of polygamy. I thought it was kind of funny, something I could use to tease my wife about the fact that in the next life, I'd have a whole harem of women and she'd be just one of my many wives, just like Joseph and Brigham were doing now that they were Gods.
It wasnt a big deal to me.
But it was a big deal to my wife.
She hated the idea of it and never bought it.
She just refused to believe it.
So once I left due to racism concerns, then I had to really take her concerns seriously and started reading everything I could about the issue to resolve it in my mind.
Come to find out the only way to resolve it for me was to conclude Joseph's Myth was just a fraud he made up to justify raping his follower's teenage daughters and wives.
I know other Mormons who just dismiss it as 'that's just what they did back in those days.'
No. No it's not.
They NEVER 'married' other men's wives.
There was never a law that allowed that.
Not even in Mormon law.
So they just have a different interpretation than me.
I told this to my Bishop and the Area Authority who interviewed me on my way out the door. The so-called "Authority" said to me,
"Polygamy has always been an anathema to Mormon women."
I said to him, "Why just women? If it's wrong, it's wrong. What difference does it make what sex organs you have? It's kind of like saying, "I don't know how black people can belong to such a racist, white supemacist CULT?!"
If it's wrong, it's wrong.
No matter what color your skin is.
Your skin color or your sex doesn't affect what's right and what's wrong.
Truth is independent of sex or skin color.