Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 08:24PM

Is about an ancient American advanced civilization. I have not read it, but apparently it’s pseudo archeology, kinda like the BoM, but, here
https://youtu.be/xSCyEMn3hsU
He tells a fascinating story of Denisovans, and ends by saying,’We are hybrids. We are Neanderthal, we are Denisovan, they are a part of our genetic makeup.’
That’s true, and so are Africans. We are all Mostly African, (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) but Africans are the only ‘pure’ Homo Sapiens Sapiens. And they are a mixture of the 16 different kinds of humans who co-existed with them in Africa. The rest of us are hybrids, mixed with far more ancient species, who left Africa long before Homo Sapiens Sapiens evolved from Homo Sapiens Idaltu and one or two or 16 different available sub species of humans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 09:36PM

It would be a sad thing indeed if anyone were to argue with you about pseudo-archeology.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 12:44AM

Shoot, I consider it my Exmo calling...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-there-wasnt-an-advanced-civilization-12-000-years-ago/

>>Graham Hancock is an audacious autodidact who believes that long before ancient Mesopotamia, Babylonia and Egypt there existed an even more glorious civilization. One so thoroughly wiped out by a comet strike around 12,000 years ago that nearly all evidence of its existence vanished, leaving only the faintest of traces, including, Hancock thinks, a cryptic warning that such a celestial catastrophe could happen to us. All this is woven into a narrative entitled Magicians of the Gods (Thomas Dunne Books, 2015). I listened to the audio edition read by the author, whose British accent and breathless, revelatory storytelling style are confessedly compelling. But is it true? I'm skeptical.

>>First, no matter how devastating an extraterrestrial impact might be, are we to believe that after centuries of flourishing every last tool, potsherd, article of clothing, and, presumably from an advanced civilization, writing, metallurgy and other technologies—not to mention trash—was erased? Inconceivable.

Posted by: Vortigern ( )
Date: July 14, 2021 07:11AM

"If humans went extinct today, Frank says, any future civilization that might arise on Earth millions of years hence might find it hard to recognize traces of human civilization. By the same token, if some earlier civilization existed on Earth millions of years ago, we might have trouble finding evidence of it."

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/did-another-advanced-species-exist-earth-humans-ncna869856

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 14, 2021 08:38AM

Do you know one thing that article does not say? That any of its scientific sources, including Frank, claim ever to have seen any evidence of the earlier civilization they propose is conceivable.

So the article does not support Graham Hancock's or your positions.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 14, 2021 08:29AM

If you don’t have a mythology that says you are "special" and "superior," just invent one!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis:_The_Antediluvian_World

Donnelly discusses many aspects of his proposed theory in extreme detail. He includes many illustrations as well as charts with lingual similarities. With his book he states that he is trying to prove thirteen distinct hypotheses:

There once existed in the Atlantic Ocean, opposite the Mediterranean Sea, a large island, which was the remnant of an Atlantic continent, and known to the ancients as Atlantis.

That the description of this island given by Plato is not fable, as has been long supposed, but veritable history.

That Atlantis was the region where man first rose from a state of barbarism to civilization.

That it became, in the course of ages, a populous and mighty nation, from whose emigrants the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River, the Amazon River, the Pacific coast of South America, the Mediterranean, the west coast of Europe and Africa, the Baltic, the Black Sea, and the Caspian were populated by civilized nations.

That it was the true Antediluvian world: the Garden of Eden; the Gardens of Hesperides; the Elysian Fields; the Gardens of Alcinous; the Mesomphalos, the Olympos; the Asgard of the traditions of the ancient nations. That it represented a universal memory of a great land, where early mankind dwelt for ages in peace and happiness.

That the gods and goddesses of the ancient Greeks, the Phoenicians, the Hindus, and the Scandinavians were simply the kings, queens, and heroes of Atlantis; and the acts attributed to them in mythology are a confused recollection of real historical events.

That the mythology of Egypt and Peru represented the original religion of Atlantis, which was sun-worship.

That the oldest colony formed by Atlantis was probably Egypt, whose civilization was a reproduction of that Atlantic island.

That the implements of the "Bronze Age" of Europe were derived from Atlantis. The Atlanteans were also the first manufacturers of iron.

That the Phoenician alphabet, parent of all the European alphabets, was derived from an Atlantis alphabet, which was also conveyed by them from Atlantis to the Mayans of Central America.

That Atlantis was the original seat of the Aryan or Indo-European family of nations, as well as of the Semitic peoples, and possibly also of the Turanian races.

That Atlantis perished in a terrible convulsion of nature, in which the whole island sunk into the ocean, with nearly all its inhabitants.

That a few persons escaped in ships and on rafts, and carried to the nations east and west the tidings of the appalling catastrophe, which has survived to our own time in the Flood and Deluge legends of the different nations of the old and new worlds.

In 1883, a sequel or companion, Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel, was published.

Donnelly's work on Atlantis inspired books by James Churchward on the lost continent of Mu, also known as Lemuria. More recently, his theories have influenced the visions of Edgar Cayce, creation of the superhero Namor the Sub-Mariner,[citation needed] the 1969 pop song "Atlantis" by Donovan, the 2001 film Atlantis: The Lost Empire and the plot of the 2009 film 2012 by Roland Emmerich.[citation needed] Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods proposes, like Donnelly, that civilizations in Egypt and the Americas had a common origin in a civilization lost to history, although in Hancock's book the civilization was not located in the northern Atlantic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2021 08:34AM by anybody.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 12:01PM

How does knowing this affect the way I should treat a fellow human being?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 01:28PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does knowing this affect the way I should
> treat a fellow human being?

Good call, desertrat.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 06:42AM

Does the book come with an ayahuasca kit?

Hancock has actually been vindicated on some of his theories after years of ridicule by professional archeologists.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2021 06:49AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 04, 2021 08:19AM

Has he ? Which theories have been vindicated?

Posted by: Rick Dalton ( )
Date: July 14, 2021 08:23AM

Soft Machine Wrote:
> Has he ? Which theories have been vindicated?

I wouldn't say he has been vindicated as such, but he has long argued that human civilization dates back to the Ice Age, if not beyond. He has also argued that a meteorite or small comet disrupted early human development, and there is some possible evidence of that. He has also suggested writing existed before hieroglyphics and I suspect that may be true.

Since his early books came out, archeological digs in Turkey have proven urbanization and crop growing go back thousands of years earlier than thought, way back into the Neolithic.

Hancock also argues the Sphinx predates the pyramids by a long time. I don't think this is a totally crazy idea, but what we think of as the Sphinx - the Face and Paws etc - is newer than the base, which may even be a modified natural formation from the Stone Age.

Compared to some pseudo-archeologists, Hancock's ideas are tame. His argument is for antiquity not aliens or superadvanced tech. He's usually an interesting, or at least entertaining, talk show guest except when he starts going on about drugs (which have damaged him permanently.)

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 11:20AM

That's a good question about what civilization existed in year 12,000.

We nay never know the answer. Just like we may never know how homo sapient finally developed into what we ate now.

Isn't there still some hominid gap that has left scientists puzzled?

In comes the globslists religion in thinking humans were seeded by aliens.

Whatever the answer is it will remain unknown because dead people that may have recorded records that have no since deteriorated or never existed can not tell us. Only human theory.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 01:47PM

Oh ye of little faith
Know ye not the we, the literal descendents of the Annunaki, hold forth with all truth and declare unto you that
"you'all ain't gotta clue as to how it all happpened"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2021 01:49PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 03, 2021 01:56PM

Nephilim: I told you Earth girls were easy!

Date: June 03, 2021 05:45PM

I have a new age sister and BIL who believe we were seeded by a superior alien species. Francis Crick believed that’s possibly how life got here. I think it’s possible, but not to the point where I deny scientific evidence, DNA evidence, that proved we are mixed with Neanderthals, denisovans and likely other more ancient species. We are the new kids on the Earth. And the last of the 16 sub-species of humans that we have identified and categorized.
Any narrative of our origins has to include that or at least account for the DNA evidence or it is closer to delusion than belief.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2021 10:06PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: June 03, 2021 09:11PM

Maybe the alien visitors that move in and out of the atmosphere and down to their inner space bases in the ocean seeded all of us.

They take a little cruise out in their ship to gander at their pets / creations over the 1000s of years for entertainment.

Date: June 03, 2021 10:54PM

I don’t.
I said the guy was a pseudo archeologist author, but that doesn’t make him wrong about Denisovans.
How is he wrong in the Denisovan clip.

Date: June 03, 2021 05:53PM

I believe anything said on the Joe Rogan show.

Date: June 03, 2021 10:55PM

I don’t.
I said the guy was a pseudo archeologist author, but that doesn’t make him wrong about Denisovans.
How is he wrong in the Denisovan clip I linked in OP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2021 10:56PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: June 04, 2021 02:27AM

Well, a good place to start is the fact that a Caucasian guy is telling another Caucasian guy that Denisovans are "us." That is false.

So there's that.

Date: June 04, 2021 08:46AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> the fact that a
> Caucasian guy is telling another Caucasian guy
> that Denisovans are "us." That is false.
>
>
It is false based in what information ?

A lot of things beyond 5000 years and carbon dating is based on a theory as to what might have haideas for passed civilizations. Let the best PhD propose and defend their idess.

Date: June 04, 2021 10:23AM

Okay, you start. When you want to know the original distributions of Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA, what Ph.D.s do you consult?

Date: June 04, 2021 12:12PM

By ‘us’ he meant, ‘homo sapiens sapiens’ which is true. We are a hybrid species, made up of numerous hybrids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.