Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 09:23AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 12:59PM

Although this is most likely another cry for attention, and he doesn't truly want to have to work at an actual job like governor, a perverse part of me hopes that he wins. Idaho deserves him.

If he does win, it will be a s**tfest. (Like Oktoberfest, except with s**t.) For the Ammonites, "freedom" means doing anything they want without consequences. I want to see what happens when he's faced with others whose idea of "freedom" is identical, and who are just as militant, but the effect goes against Ammon's own interests.

He encourages protests at the private residences of public officials whose policies he opposes; what will happen when he, as governor, or his own political appointees are met with protests at their own homes?

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 02:20PM

I'd prefer Al Bundy as governor. He'd be more fun.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 02:52PM

Al once quipped: "Behind every successful man is a woman who didn't marry me."

Posted by: hujo ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 12:06AM

ACTUALLY, I think TED Bundy would be the best option out of all of them

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 03:28PM

Are recent move-in voters prepared for radicalism? I doubt it;

farmers prefer consistency & stability in their products, prices, & sales, ability to get crops to market (highways, rail)

Bundy might upset the apple cart, so to speak...

I'm betting against a Bundy victory.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: June 20, 2021 08:49PM

Idaho:

If Looney Toons taught you nothing else...

It ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

Posted by: SayWhat? ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 12:26AM

Bundy is such a joke. I think Idahoans will be too smart to vote for him, except for the conspiracy nuts in the northern region who gathered under the influence of Bo Gritz.

I think he’s running because he wants MONEY. It’s that simple. He’ll live the high life on campaign funds and stuff as much in his pockets as he can get away with.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 12:33AM

Just when I thought Idaho had reached the pinnacle of Idahoness.

Posted by: potatohead ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 12:48AM

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/politics/ammon-governor-announcement/277-dc09432b-4761-4c2f-882b-187761d9c585

The Idaho Republican Party issued a statement on June 5 stating Bundy is not welcome inside the Idaho GOP. Republican Party Chairman Tom Luna accused Bundy of dividing the party, saying they do not support his 'antics' or what they call political theater. He adds Bundy is not registered to vote in Idaho and is not registered as a Republican.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/ammon-bundy-files-paperwork-to-run-for-idaho-governor-but-election-officials-find-error

But state election officials say Bundy's paperwork is already invalid due to an error: he listed himself as campaign treasurer, and in order to be the treasurer, you need to be registered to vote.

The state says Bundy is currently not registered to vote.

He will either need to register to vote, and then re-file the documents or find a new treasurer and re-file the paperwork.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 12:14PM

An anti-government activist running for government office? Isn't he banned from entering the State Capitol? How's that going to work?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 01:03PM

One of the many benefits of being delusional is that there is no requirement for being logically consistent. It also worked for Gordon "I don't believe we teach that" Hinckley, though he was just a lying SOB, not delusional.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 03:24PM

Sounds like a good gig. Where do I sign up?

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 05:59PM

Bundy does not have a chance. Right up there with Democrats in Idaho. It is a perfect state. It must be because they keep voting in the same kind of people to keep it that way.

Date: June 21, 2021 08:32PM

I thought I was stupid...

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 08:39PM

My first thought was that I was being insulted. My second that you miss the irony. Think it is the latter.

Posted by: detox ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 08:43PM

what is up with crazy mormons named bundy? there was also that guy ted

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 21, 2021 09:30PM

What is it with those crazy Mormons named Ammon?

Date: June 21, 2021 11:21PM

Isn't he a Wyoming resident????

Date: June 21, 2021 11:38PM

Idaho is a state of mind.

Date: June 22, 2021 02:51AM

after attending Ricks (Yes, that long ago!) and briefly as an Idaho State Trooper, I totally agree; me being a trooper there at that time < YOUR HAIR IS TOO LONG! >, TOOK A MAJOR CUT IN PAY, etc etc etc... It wasn't a good fit.

On the upside, self & gf conceived our first child in Idaho Falls...

Date: June 22, 2021 09:53AM

I believe Bundy lives near Caldwell ID.

Date: June 22, 2021 11:48AM

wiki (ultimate source of Truth & Light) says his address is in Emmett, ID.

whether or not he's a registered voter should be a matter of public record (it is in Washington State).

Date: June 24, 2021 02:10PM

I read somewhere that he is neither a registered voter nor a registered party member.

This is some Captain Moroni stuff right here. He probably feels bad about missing the tourist visit to the capital on January 6.

Date: June 22, 2021 10:09AM

I’m waiting for macaRooney to tell us again how us again that Bundy is a patriot and a freedom fighter.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: June 22, 2021 10:57AM

Bundy is a patriot and a freedom fighter. ;-D

(I seek to please)

Date: June 22, 2021 01:22PM

XOXO

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 24, 2021 01:32PM

Ha! Bundy has as much of a chance of governing Idaho as Joseph Smith had as becoming the US president. Just another nut case running for office.

It’s mostly about getting attention and rallying a small handful of followers. Ammon is a big fish an a very small pond. He lives the attention. He’s addicted to it.

Date: June 25, 2021 11:46AM

Melissa Sue Robinson has also announced that she is running for governor of ID. She is a trans woman.

I would pay money to see her and Ammon Bundy on the same debate stage!

She is running as a D, so they would both have to win their primaries to be on the same debate stage. I doubt if either will win their primary, but hey.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/559651-first-transgender-candidate-launches-bid-for

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2021 11:50AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: June 25, 2021 11:53AM

Can't people in primaries have debates?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 25, 2021 01:30PM

No debates in Primary … have to wait until Mutual.

Date: June 26, 2021 04:03AM

Yes, but only if they are in the same party. In the primary, you are running against people in your own party. Ms Robinson is a Democrat. Mr Bundy is a tin foil hatter.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 02, 2021 07:53PM

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article252521738.html

"Right-wing activist Ammon Bundy, a Republican candidate for Idaho governor, was found guilty Thursday of misdemeanor trespassing and misdemeanor resisting or obstructing officers after short deliberations by an Ada County jury."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.