Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 30, 2021 10:07AM

How often have you seen the picture of mormon garments pop up as a click bait item about mormon beliefs? I have seen it more often lately. It kind of looks gross to see the ugly things and think about all the years I wore that stupid underwear. I have never taken the bait to see what else is discussed but TBM's must hate seeing their "secret...er sacred" garments splashed all over the web. <snort>

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Human ( )
Date: June 30, 2021 10:23AM

When RfMers a long time ago shared the script for the new Temple Endowment of 1990 alongside older versions, we shared it with our father/father-in-law, so as to prove he was a liar when he claimed the Endowment had never changed since the times of Solomon.

It nearly killed him, literally.

At his funeral, my mother-in-law shared with me the physical shock he felt when he learned that the super secret sacred Endowment was on-line for everyone to see. He hated us for catching him in a lie, but he was literally sickened by the idea that the world could see what they were up to with their aprons and baker hats.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 30, 2021 11:30AM

They allow members/leaders to make ridiculous claims and make little or no effort to refute them.

Examples:

Spiritual armies of angels surrounding the missionary training center (MTC).
God and Jesus regularly meet with church leaders in the temple.
You will see your ancestors inside the temple.
Your family will be blessed spiritually and monetarily while serving a church mission.
No unclean thing can enter the lord's house.
If you wear your garments and keep the commandments, you will be protected from harm and injury.

And when these beliefs are proven to be false, if not outright lies. Then the church denies and blames the members for believing them in the first place. They gaslight them for being confused.

-We never taught that.

-You should exercise greater faith.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.