Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: July 29, 2021 11:43PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: July 29, 2021 11:57PM

So slow. God must be getting tired.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 07:14AM

Star babies are so much faster than human babies. I suppose the black hole was pushing pretty hard.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 12:13AM

Written by Ivan Petricevic

Hi, my name is Ivan and I am the founder of Curiosmos, Ancient Code and Pyramidomania. I've been writing passionately about ancient civilizations, history, alien life and various other subjects for more than eight years. You may have seen me appear on Discovery Channel's What On Earth series, History Channel's Ancient Aliens, and Gaia's Ancient Civilizations among others.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 01:03AM

Ghawd and her donut hole . . .

The True Torus, without which there is no bodily nourishment.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 01:14AM

Yeah, SC is now redefining god as a galactic black hole, and as female, and somehow thinks god has a donut hole, none of which is mentioned in the article. SC likes to embellish. Reality is a crutch for people who lack imagination.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 01:43AM

Embellish?

As opposed to making stuff up out of whole cloth using nothing but absurd little articles and clips from internet stars and alien conspiracists?

You are generous.

Date: July 30, 2021 06:46AM

Not generous, just tired. SC is a known quantity here, high in ammonia and other aromatics. Not much description is needed.

Date: July 30, 2021 01:09AM

6 million km/hr is 1,667 km/sec. The speed of light is 300,000 km/sec, so the star was ejected at about one half of one percent of the speed of light. Granted, that is moving right along, but relative to light, nothing to write home about.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 02:13AM

OK but how many cubits per fortnight is that ?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 02:24AM

Jesus Jumpin' Christ, it's the Kessel Run all over again!!!

But seriously:

"I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues, when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what is true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

"The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance."

--Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World, 1995

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 02:25AM

But why do you ask?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 02:30AM

*LOL*

Posted by: Albert Weinstein ( )
Date: July 30, 2021 02:49AM

to be more precise

(assumes 1 cubit = 18 inches)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.