Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 09:53AM

Girls camps, Especially for Youth (EFY), attended by thousands in Utah has resulted in covid cases mostly in Utah County.

These are all young people over the age of 12. Vaccine rates low.

School starts in a few weeks and the Utah Legislature washed its hands of mandating masks in school and is leaving it to the local school districts. What could possibly go wrong??

I remember back when I was in elementary school, lining up in the auditorium to get a polio vaccine. There was no questions asked and no exemptions to getting it that I am aware of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 10:04AM

agreed, this pandemic has shown me just how divided our nation really is. We are sitting at about 50% fully vaccinated last I checked. Granted there are some folks who have health conditions who may not be able to get the shot, still that shouldn't be half the country defiant of caring about their neighbors and spreading the disease. The upheaval and work that our government has undergone in trying to end this pandemic, and so many people oblivious and selfish in doing their part. It makes me really angry.

It makes me wonder, what if something a lot worse were to happen. If we were to have another World War, half the country would be in their own little bubble of ignorance ignoring their demise.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 03:13PM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we were to have another World
> War, half the country would be in their own little
> bubble of ignorance ignoring their demise.
===============================

My concern is, the way things are going
- we will not have to

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 03:38PM

just to be clear, are you saying that the way things are going, half the country will 'demise' without the need for a world war?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 03:53PM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . this pandemic has shown me just how
> divided our nation really is.

And why is the country so divided?

--------------
> We are sitting at
> about 50% fully vaccinated last I checked. Granted
> there are some folks who have health conditions
> who may not be able to get the shot, still that
> shouldn't be half the country defiant of caring
> about their neighbors and spreading the disease.

Why is it that nearly half the country still doesn't think COVID is real and/or believe that the vaccines are a plot against the United States?

----------------
> The upheaval and work that our government has
> undergone in trying to end this pandemic, and so
> many people oblivious and selfish in doing their
> part.

Which government are you talking about? The one that for months told us that COVID was a "hoax" that would soon go away "like a miracle?" The government that told us the Chlorox and hydroxychloroquine would kill the disease? The government that criticized Fauci and whose members continue to inveigh against him even today?

Or are you talking about the Biden Administration?

-------------------
> It makes me really angry.

Many of us have been angry for much longer than you, angry at the nihilists who ripped the country apart and then lied and equivocated until the US lost 500,000 more lives than necessary to COVID; angry at the traitors and thugs who sought to overturn an unprecedentedly clean election and overthrow a constitutional government; angry at people who advocate the superior races' use of violence against everybody else.

--------------------
> It makes me wonder, what if something a lot worse
> were to happen. If we were to have another World
> War, half the country would be in their own little
> bubble of ignorance ignoring their demise.

And why is that, macaRomney?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 10:50AM

Not a surprise, and it's why school systems in my area are mandating masks. It's not just the kids -- they can carry Covid home to their family members. I remember last spring being so relieved when children sneezed into their masks as opposed to sneezing on me or their classmates.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 11:49PM

Well, good for your area. Utah's GOP legislature called a special session, last summer, to disallow school districts and local towns and cities from imposing mask orders. And these mormon morons call themselves "Pro life". Just wait for the shit show in September and October when kids with covid are off the charts.

Date: August 04, 2021 02:40AM

From my observation, the kids do fine with the masks as well. It's really no big deal.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 04, 2021 09:55AM

Yep. The preschoolers were a bit here and there. Some kindergarteners just couldn't. My special needs kids were intermittent.

The others just forgot they were on. Me too.

--Dorothy--school nurse preschool through 5th

Date: August 04, 2021 10:06AM

Awesome! The most I had to do was to occasionally tighten up the ear straps. My kids were so sweet and cooperative about it. If their masks slipped below their noses I just had to gesture or remind them, and they pushed them back up again.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 06:08PM

there always seens to be a way to twist an issue to fit an agenda

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 03, 2021 10:41PM

And you are a prime example.

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: August 04, 2021 12:58PM

If only there were a way to have avoided all of that!

Oh, wait...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.