Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 10:49PM

I believe I was taught in the restoration of 'sacrifices' as all things will be 'restored'. Below is a quote from around 2006 by an exmormon from the Cedar city, Utah.

“I have interviewed numerous individuals who fearfully tell of witnessing and/or participating in dark rituals underneath the LDS Temple in Salt Lake City . At first, I thought these individuals were psychologically imbalanced for their stories were so very bizarre that they could not have possibly been true. Imagine, the hierarchy sacrificing XXXXXXXXX during candlelit secret ceremonials? Now, however, I am more inclined to believe these individuals.

“LDS President Wilford Woodruff recorded the following information given to him in a meeting with Brigham Young: “Under the pulpit in the west End [of the SLC Temple ] will be a place to Offer Sacrafizes. [sp] There will be an Altar prepared for that purposes [sp] so that when any sacrifices are to be offered they should be offered there.” (Wilford Woodruff’s Journal: 1833-1898, December 18, 1857, vol. 5, p. 140.)

Anyone know of any 'secret altar' beneath the west end of the SLC temple? Anyone heard of the restoration of 'sacrifices'?

We all know that the Temple, sculptures, visitor center, etc. have occult symbols such as the eye, upside down pentagrams, etc.? Is their more going on than most members know about?

I thought the 2nd endowment was explained by other exmos and did not require any 'sacrifices'.

I have read other info from the net that indicates this is also going on but nothing that proves anything!

Any comments??? ---- Maybe Steve Bensen would know about any hidden alters that could actually be used for sacrifices???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 11:05PM

The 2A does not require sacrifices.

The Smith-McConkie argument, generally accepted by the church, was that the restoration of all things must include animal sacrifices. There is a chapter in the D&C that states as much, namely that God will at the end of days savor anew the smell of burning flesh. Those sanguinary sacrifices would not continue, however, since Jesus was the ultimate barter for the forgiveness of humanity's sins.

So animal sacrifices will occur only once or a few times, ceremonially, to fulfill the prophesies.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 11:35PM

I heard of this human sacrifice business in 1990 from a non-member. I would chalk it up to urban legend.

The only way it would make sense is if some very wealthy non-Mormons paid serious bribes to rent the space for their rituals, but that doesn’t mean Mormons are doing sacrifices. It just means looking the other way for money, which would be a Mormon thing.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 11:47PM

"The restoration of all things" shows just how full of CRAP that MORmON founder con man Joseph Smith Jr of Palmyra, New York really was.

First, according to Con Man Smith and his cheesy MORmON cohorts there needed to be a restoration of Jesus Christ's original church ....which just happened to dove tail so nicely with the gold plates/ Book of MORmON HOAX that Smith was perpetrating, and its especially amusing considering MORmON Jesus Versus the Jesus Christ of Christianity are two very different Gods......just like MORmON HF God and MORmON Jesus God happen to be two different God personages.

Then PERVERT Con Man Joseph Smith had sex with the nanny and had to create "the New and Everlasting covenant of marriage" to cover his philandering and adulterous tracks by blaming his sin on a supposed commandment from "God" / MORmON Jesus. That suddenly meant that "polygamy" and EVERYTHING else mentioned in the Old Testament had to make a comeback, which is just more indication that MORmONISM is NOT really Christianity because all of the Law of Moses stuff in the Old Testament was supposed to be done away with as the Messiah Christ finally came, NOT reinstituted when Jesus Christ finally returns.

MORmONS are so full of CRAP that it is astounding !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqvall3pSBE

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 11:49PM

No human sacrifice. Young and Woodruff's "sacrifices" refer to animals. Smith taught that animal sacrifice predated the Mosaic law and therefore had to be reinstated to fulfill the "restoration of all things."

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2027537

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1860168

Date: August 10, 2021 12:05AM

Thanks for those references. You are right: the church teaches that animal sacrifice is pre-Mosaic. I'd forgotten that.

I also like the Joseph Fielding Smith quotation in your second link. He wrote that "The sacrifice of animals will be done to complete the restoration when the temple spoken of is built; at the beginning of the millennium, or in the restoration, blood sacrifices will be performed long enough to complete the fulness of the restoration in this dispensation. Afterwards sacrifice will be of some other character."

That includes the "sunset clause," meaning the notion that blood sacrifice will only be a temporary practice as required to complete the restoration. Then the slaughter will stop.

Date: August 10, 2021 12:12AM

Have you noticed this statue in the visitors center? Why are adam and eve sacrificing 'fruit'? Why not Cain or them sacrificing the Lamb in front?

This is for 'extra credit' for anyone with a 'good answer'!!!

https://vigilantcitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cainabel2.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2021 12:18AM by spiritist.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 01:39PM

Cain would eventually sacrifice Abel since the Lord seemed to prefer animal sacrifices to fruit and vegetable sacrifices.

The LORD rewarded Cain by giving him a special mark of protection.

It was a mark. It had nothing to do with the color of his skin. And it was to PRoTECT him, not to designate him as an inferior being.

Read "The Sacred Executioner" for a more lengthy explanation.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 12, 2021 03:53AM

Dallin Ox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No human sacrifice. Young and Woodruff's
> "sacrifices" refer to animals. Smith taught that
> animal sacrifice predated the Mosaic law and
> therefore had to be reinstated to fulfill the
> "restoration of all things."

"how convenient!!! " for that philandering POS !!!!!

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 09, 2021 11:52PM

and to think from the inside it once seemed totally normal, but there's the reverse weird curve -
the farther away you get the weirder it looks

https://assets.amuniversal.com/2b04d6a06d5c01301d80001dd8b71c47

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 12:05AM

They need to sacrifice some virgins to me.

Date: August 10, 2021 12:06AM

Virgins are the adult version of Santa Claus.

Date: August 10, 2021 12:07AM

Are they over rated ?

Date: August 10, 2021 12:09AM

You don't know?

Date: August 10, 2021 12:14AM

OK. I admit it. I'm over rated.

Date: August 10, 2021 12:42AM

I doubt it.

;-)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 12:18PM

So, referencing an above response, are you saying that Adam and Eve are sacrificing a cherry? That covers sacrificing a fruit and a virgin at the same time...

Date: August 10, 2021 12:31PM

I probably should not have made this post so confusing. However, I am very confused with Mormonism and sacrifice.

I noticed this 'weird' sculpture --- appears to be Adam and Eve sacrificing 'fruit' instead of the 'lamb'. Why would that be on temple square in the visitors center? Next time I go there I will ask the Mishs if it is still there.

Your interpretation may have some merit.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 12:32AM

My understanding is the sacrifice will be in Jerusalem, by literal descendants of Aaron.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 05:15AM

Of course there will be animal sacrifices. You don’t really believe that cock and bull story about a seismic upgrade, do you? They are building a double subterranean basement in the Salt Lake Temple, filled with secret altars and alcoves. Bwah-hah-hah.

It is no accident that the City Centre Mall across the street has huge retractable glass roof, aka “the Windows of Heaven”. The fake creek down the center of the corridor will one day run with blood (fake blood because of the expense and short shelf life of the real thing), and the raised fountain in front of Nordstrom’s will be the sacrifice site. The escalator into the upper floor of Nordstrom’s will have constant piped in music of “Climbing the Stairway to Heaven”.

The Mormon idea of Heaven has always been a no-limit credit card to Nordstrom’s. It used to be ZCMI was Heaven, but Nordie’s was better at it. Mormons are adaptable.

I know all this because I buy only Endowment-Grade tin foil.

Date: August 10, 2021 08:43AM

Ever notice that the fake creek is full of algae ?

Date: August 10, 2021 10:15AM

Thanks for the input!!!

I would agree with church doctrine many above have expressed.

Whether they need a 'special alter' or use one of the others is not really a big concern. I don't think the upside down pentagram was placed on the temple or other places by coincidence.

I tend to 'believe without hard evidence' that Babylon is on to something. I believe that the church to a 'very small' extent (less than 10 people?) got infiltrated/'influenced' (money/power or both) to allow despicable things to occur in the temple. PS What I Xed out was worse in my mind that just human sacrifice. Face it there are some real 'crazies' out there and some do have influence (power/money).

As I expressed in another post I believe (without hard evidence) the church has been caught involved in 'bad/illegal' stuff where they made a lot of 'dark money' that does not show on their official books. I believe that will come out to the public before next July. However, what this post accuses 'a few of' is beyond 'bad/illegal'.

Thanks again for the input!

Date: August 10, 2021 11:22AM

I have a dim recollection of reading about when JS started his career he sacrificed a black dog (cut his throat) in the belief that this would somehow lead to great treasure, but in this case it didn't.

Mormonism and the search for treasure go hand-in-hand.

Okay. So now the LDS church is richrichrich.

So now what?

Date: August 10, 2021 12:38PM

I am 'amazed' that any group or people would desire such 'riches' that would be hard for them to spend.

I am wondering if these 'greedy old xxxs' got in over there heads and got into other areas, than just legally scamming people out of money that will really 'bring them down'.

I believe they have and been caught and it will be disclosed in the next few months. Time will tell.

Date: August 10, 2021 01:11PM

In the FLDS temple at the YFZ ranch in Texas, there was a bed that was also an altar.

On this Altar-bed, virgins were sacrificed in front of witnesses.

I mean, at the end of the sacrifice, the young girls were still living, but they were no longer virgins.

Since the FLDSers try to do things the way they were done in the days of Joseph it kinda makes you wonder.

But if I think about it too much, it just makes me feel creepy.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 01:37PM

loislane Wrote:
> In the FLDS temple at the YFZ ranch in Texas,
> there was a bed that was also an altar.
>
> On this Altar-bed, virgins were sacrificed in
> front of witnesses.
>
> I mean, at the end of the sacrifice, the young
> girls were still living, but they were no longer
> virgins.
>
> Since the FLDSers try to do things the way they
> were done in the days of Joseph it kinda makes you
> wonder.
>
> But if I think about it too much, it just makes me
> feel creepy.

These girls weren't sacrificed. They were raped. The lack of any real consent (and minors and their parents lack the legal capacity for the minor to consent to sex) is the crime. There may be an alter. But I don't think the term "sacrifice" is applicable. If the FLDS church uses that term for these rapes, then they are just a cult, trying to justify their support of the rapes. If the girls are over eighteen and if they consent (real consent), then it's just sex and not any sacrifice. If this sounds creepy, it should be because of the rape or because they need a religious ceremony as an excuse to enjoy consentual sex. But don't let the religion confuse what is really happening. The religion is just the excuse to get everyone to buy-in to the sex.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 01:19PM

Spiritist - What's with these "next few months", or "by July" predictions? This almost sounds like a Qanon conspiracy prediction. How can you give any dates or time frame predictions without having hard evidence now, to back that claim? Is your information vetted? What is the source? If there is no hard evidence now, then giving time frames like this is quite counterproductive. If it is vetted, then let's see the evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2021 01:20PM by azsteve.

Date: August 10, 2021 01:41PM

No one I know is stating an exact date for anything ---- not even conspirisy theorists. They have been burnt in the past.

This is strictly my opinion/guess based on what I believe is going on and the priority of identifying crimes committed by organizations such as the Mormon or Catholic church, etc..

Definitely unvetted. As far as counterproductive ----- possibly if this was a group that believed that the church committed 'bad' crimes. I don't think there are many believers here of that when the church makes billions ---- legally scamming the sheep. Why would someone so successful 'legally' resort to illegal activities??? I think it sounds totally illogical myself.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 12:45PM

Many years ago, I read about the restoration of animal sacrifices before Christ can return.

I asked our bishop.

He seemed surprised over the question, and told me that, yes, that's true, but it would only be for a short time.

He seemed embarrassed.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 01:10PM

kathleen Wrote:
> He seemed embarrassed.

And yet he probably thinks nothing about eating animals sacrificed for his tastes.

And religious people who have to have animals "prepared" in their being able to be consumed are doing animal sacrifices and no one blinks an eye or gets embarrassed about that.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 01:14PM

Yep. Go figure.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 07:25PM

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_teach_animal_sacrifice_as_part_of_the_%22restoration_of_all_things%22%3F

In 1840 Joseph Smith taught that the Old Testament (Malachi 3:3) foretells the restoration of elements associated with ancient Israelite temple service, including some form of sacrifice.

[Jehovah] continued to [Noah] the keys, the covenants, the power and the glory, with which he blessed Adam at the beginning; and the offering of sacrifice, which also shall be continued at the last time; for all the ordinances and duties that ever have been required by [p.211] the Priesthood, under the directions and commandments of the Almighty in any of the dispensations, shall all be had in the last dispensation, therefore all things had under the authority of the Priesthood at any former period, shall be had again, bringing to pass the restoration spoken of by the mouth of all the Holy Prophets; then shall the sons of Levi offer an acceptable offering to the Lord. 'And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord.' (See Malachi 3:3).

It will be necessary here to make a few observations on the doctrine set forth in the above quotation, and it is generally supposed that sacrifice was entirely done away when the Great Sacrifice [i.e., the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus] was offered up, and that there will be no necessity for the ordinance of sacrifice in future: but those who assert this are certainly not acquainted with the duties, privileges and authority of the priesthood, or with the Prophets . . . .

These sacrifices, as well as every ordinance belonging to the Priesthood, will, when the Temple of the Lord shall be built, and the sons of Levi be purified, be fully restored and attended to in all their powers, ramifications, and blessings. This ever did and ever will exist when the [p.212] powers of the Melchisedic Priesthood are sufficiently manifest; else how can the restitution of all things spoken of by the holy Prophets be brought to pass? It is not to be understood that the law of Moses will be established again with all its rites and variety of ceremonies; this has never been spoken of by the Prophets; but those things which existed prior to Moses' day, namely, sacrifice, will be continued. (History of the Church 4:211).

Joseph Smith's comments on animal sacrifice comments were made on 5 October 1840. The Lord further clarified the nature of these sacrifices in the Nauvoo Temple revelation (D&C 124) dated 19 January 1841:

Therefore, verily I say unto you, that your anointings, and your washings, and your baptisms for the dead, and your solemn assemblies, and your memorials for your sacrifices by the sons of Levi, and for your oracles in your most holy places wherein you receive conversations, and your statutes and judgments, for the beginning of the revelations and foundation of Zion, and for the glory, honor, and endowment of all her municipals, are ordained by the ordinance of my holy house, which my people are always commanded to build unto my holy name. (DC 124:39) (emphasis added)

Joseph Fielding Smith stated that animal sacrifice would happen again to fulfill a symbolic role as part of the restoration of all things in this dispensation:

Now in the nature of things, the law of sacrifice will have to be restored, or all things which were decreed by the Lord would not be restored. It will be necessary, therefore, for the sons of Levi, who offered the blood sacrifices anciently in Israel, to offer such a sacrifice again to round out and complete this ordinance in this dispensation. Sacrifice by the shedding of blood was instituted in the days of Adam and of necessity will have to be restored.

The sacrifice of animals will be done to complete the restoration when the temple spoken of is built; at the beginning of the millennium, or in the restoration, blood sacrifices will be performed long enough to complete the fulness of the restoration in this dispensation. Afterwards sacrifice will be of some other character. (Doctrines of Salvation 3:94)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.