Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 13, 2021 06:14PM

My former ministering teacher or whatever that is these days swore off social media for a long time. He admitted he had a problem with political posting and commenting.

Then his kid wants to go on a mission and wants Facebook because you know.

He decides he is going back on the Facebook. This time he will only post about his beautiful wife, life, and family. He didn't make 5 posts before his went political. A few days ago he posted a huge diatribe about not masking up and not getting a booster and how the vaccine was a total failure though he got it he totally supports others not getting it. (He is a boss man at a place that is 110 percent vaccinate)

So this post was the day before Nelson comes out about masking up and getting shots.

He posted again about how much he love Nelson and Nelson is so much smarter than he is blah, blah, blah. I must say him eating crow-ona was very Schadenfreude for me. Loved it. It was precious. He tried to save a little face in saying that he totally supports non-maskers and anti-vaxxers but the damage was done.

The end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 13, 2021 10:46PM

Say what you want about the tenets of Mormonism, at least it’s an ethos. Mormon craziness has a certain reproductive fitness, which can tolerate a lot of stupidity in order to keep that beautiful wife.

Date: August 16, 2021 01:42PM

"Ethos means "custom" or "character" in Greek. As originally used by Aristotle, it referred to a man's character or personality, especially in its balance between passion and caution. Today ethos is used to refer to the practices or values that distinguish one person, organization, or society from others."

Ethos | Definition of Ethos by Merriam-Websterhttps://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › ethos

Mormonism's ethos and reproductive fitness really don't apply in this thread. The discernment and being tuned into the highest levels of leadership's "priesthood" does.

Obviously, that was a fail with or without wife.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 08:25AM

That has to be embarrassing.

:D

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 10:05AM

Reminds me of the Sheriff election in our city. When it looked like like the winner was about to be announced, deputies all over town had to sneak out and swap their yard campaign signs to their new boss.

Oh, the loud laughter.

Date: August 16, 2021 01:45PM

kathleen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, the loud laughter.

Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRx0aOb_ms

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 06:04PM

I find that keeping it simple on fb works a lot better. I post things about dogs and a picture of one of my kids here and there.

I'm on fb #1 because my daughter and SIL are in Alaska and I can see what they are doing. It helps it make it easier to have them gone. The #2 reason is because I hate texting. I hate having a phone with me night and day. (I'm not so sure where it is right now. My boyfriend has a fit about this, but he taught me well how to use a phone or NOT use a phone.) I use messenger on fb as I work a lot and that is how I communicate with the few people I choose to communicate with.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 06:06PM

and their little Shih Tzu who I love! I'm his dogsitter.

They weren't sure if they were staying all year this year. I didn't dare ask. Found out a day or two ago. They rent an apartment year round 4 houses away from me.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 10:21PM

I hear that real estate is hot right now. Maybe they can spend it on real estate.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 14, 2021 11:53PM

Who's "they", and spend what? You lost me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.