Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vzgardner ( )
Date: August 20, 2021 08:39PM

Seems the Ogden S-E can't put up with all the anti-Mo comments, so they've done away with them.... such as:

"While it’s routinely accepted that Joseph Smith, Jr. was an egomaniacal philandering plagiarist who over-stretched his pseudo-intellectual legs and got practically every biblical re-interpretation wrong, the requirement for proxy baptism was one of his most abhorrent blunders. Contrary to being one of the most merciful doctrines, it’s easily the most insidiously deceptive one.

Except for keeping many devout Mormons comatosely infatuated with scouring family records for names of unbaptized ancestors and spawning the erection of obscenely pricey albeit impractical edifices that are nothing more than huge multi-million-dollar billboards, the egregious notion that a loving "Heavenly Father" would mandate corporeal ceremonies performed by living substitutes before allowing some of his dead children into his "kingdom" is a benchmark of gullibility.

Of course, it’s no more absurd than anything else Mormons feel they must do to keep their capricious SkyDaddy™ happy; it’s just so damnably pointless and massively wasteful."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2021 08:41PM by vzgardner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 20, 2021 08:46PM

>
> ...it’s just so damnably pointless
> and massively wasteful.
>

It's not like getting into heaven is supposed to be easy!!

This is how I know the church is tuwoo, or at least tuwooish:

"All temple clothes must be white.  Any adornments must also be white.  No off-white colors such as ivory or eggshell are appropriate."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 21, 2021 11:49AM

And don't forget a rich golden caramel color is a tool of satan.

Date: August 21, 2021 02:43PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------
>
> And don't forget a rich
> golden caramel color is
> a tool of satan
>

Should I have mentioned this on my resumé?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 21, 2021 02:52PM

It would be redundant, no?

Date: August 21, 2021 11:52AM

That is most excellently written. I must save it, vz. Thank you. Such a beautiful combination of words. My fave. No wonder they found it unworthy for print.

Date: August 21, 2021 02:56PM

Thank you D&D; I have a slew more, for example:

Joseph Smith's older brother Alvin got sick and died at 25. Joe and the family were naturally devastated. To make things worse, they had a local Presbyterian minister speak at the funeral and he, with all the compassion and tact of a startled rattlesnake, stated that Alvin was a lost soul since he hadn't become a member of the minister's congregation.

That's all it took for Joe to include "Baptism for the Dead" as part of his grand scheme of reinventing Christianity. He conveniently misread and perverted the verse in 1 Corinthians 15 to assuage the remorse for his "lost" brother, and now Mormons are saddled with the costliest form of useless busywork ever devised; all because of one cretinous sermon at a funeral.

"On any given day, in more than 150 Mormon temples around the world, thousands of faithful Mormons are baptized vicariously for the dead. Most non-Mormons are dimly aware that the Mormons are interested in genealogy, but they are not sure why. While there is nothing wrong with being interested in genealogy as a hobby, this is far from a hobby for Mormons."
https://www.catholic.com/tract/mormonisms-baptism-for-the-dead

Odd thing about LDS Dead Dunkin', not only does the Bible not support it, the Book of Mormon plainly refutes it:
"For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he does seal you his. Therefore, the spirit of the Lord has withdrawn from you and hath no place in you; the power of the devil is over you, and this is the final state of the wicked." -- Alma 34:35-36

But, I suppose it's not all bad; well, it is bad, but at least some enterprising young people such as the creator of the StoryWorth app, are smart enough to make a buck or two off it; kinda like the money made selling those dust-collecting Book of Mormon/Bible animated story books that were once so popular with those less literate parents who hoped their unruly kids might look at them eventually, someday, maybe, but never did.

Date: August 21, 2021 03:54PM

Ha! You are really good at spotlighting how they have painted themselves into a corner.

Date: August 21, 2021 05:57PM

We were told the Alma scripture was only applicable to those who had the opportunity to accept/reject the gospel, so that left the vast majority of departed souls able to learn and decide, which I've always thought would be a no-brainer, such that being born when the gospel was available to learn and practice was whatever the opposite of a blessing is.

Because if you're in Spirit Prison, with your memory intact regarding your time on earth, and you're aware of Paradise and your unworthiness to visit there, and someone from Paradise shows up to teach you, accepting that teaching sounds like the aforementioned 'no-brainer'.

See you all in Hell !!

Date: August 23, 2021 10:21AM

That is how I understood it as well. Crazy. Cuz, uhm,well, telling these people in spirit prison all they have to do to get out and go to the party is to accept Mormonism. Praise Joseph! Who's not going accept Mormonism at that point? Cat's out of the bag.

It's like telling a starving person to put on their shirt and shoes if they want to come into the cafe. Duh.

But the dilemma would be if the Guardian Angels told the anti vaxers they had to get pricked in the arm in order to get to the CK. Now that is a dilemma!

And then there is us. We rejected it all and so luckily we won't be stuck for all eternity with those sanctimonious holier than thou arrogant ignorant CKer's. Cuz something tells me you can't get out once you're in. It's a "sealed deal".

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 21, 2021 06:54PM

yah, I well remember my MORmON teachers in all soberness and seriousness instructing me and their other students on how critically important that doing temple work for the dead was..... so that the dead could be saved ...instead of going to Hell. Funny thing, these were same people who used the same MORmON context to tell me that there were eternal consequences for every act that I made......so I had better be very careful about everything thing I ever did. Now, I am laughing my ass off at how incredibly stupid those people were/ are including and ESPECIALLY my MORmON parents, and they just can not figure out what happened and why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsakhmRzow8

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 12:30PM

Third rate paper for a fifth rate town.

Date: August 24, 2021 02:46PM

That high? You're too kind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.