Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 11:37AM

According to Infamous creationist, Ken Hamm, who bilked TN taxpayers out of millions to build an Ark theme park, complete with dinosaurs living alongside humans, now claims extra terrestrials are not eligible for salvation, due to the fact that,

A. They don’t exist and
B. If they do, then Christ only atoned for the sins of humans, not ET’s!

But the Pope doesn’t see it that way, according to him, he’d Baptize Martians if they asked him.

What about Mormons, would they baptize the Quaker Moonies?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ken-ham-aliens-cant-be-saved_n_612327cae4b029c152b61ea6

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 11:52AM

Back in the day when the church boldly taught that making it to the celestial kingdom meant becoming gods who then created worlds without number, just like Elohim, I asked my seminary teacher (the pre-GA Hartman Rector Jr.) whether each of Elohim's numberless worlds had their own version of Jesus (who was or wasn't Elohim's #1 Son) or whether our Jesus atoned for all those other worlds too. And if the latter, would that mean Jesus was born, preached and was crucified over and over in each of those worlds, or were the people in those other worlds just told about what Jesus did on our distant planet? If the latter, wouldn't that mean those people were tested under different conditions? I got one of those we'll-know-in-the-hereafter non-answers.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 11:59AM

Ah the classic Mormon cop out.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 01:01PM

That and, "That answer isn't essential for your salvation and exaltation."

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:24PM

I recall being told that this was the most wicked of all the world, and the only one wherein there was enough evil to to execute the son of god... therefore all the other world were covered by this event, on this here planet filled with the most atrocious of all god's creations.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:27PM

*worlds... plural... don't know how that happened.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:45PM

I asked my dad that same question. He said that each world had its own Jesus role as "has been done in other worlds." His view was that the "plan" of salvation is the same no matter what planet.

Of course he was a Clingon Skousen type with the way out there views. When I asked if it would be my son sacrificed (since I would be the heavenly mother of the place), then I got one of those we'll-know-in-the-hereafter non-answers.

I can't believe so many people found anything about Mormon theology plausible. The dumber the story, the more people believe it I guess.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 03:28PM

The Bible says Jesus was the first resurrected being, that his sacrifice was necessary for that rebirth to be possible. Yet Elohim is a resurrected being.

Therefore there had to be other divine sacrifices.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:27PM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:31PM

Big difference. I don’t think TN taxpayers would fall for that.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:54PM

I live in TN and I see kids wearing Ark Encounter shirts and jackets here. Schools take trips to the absurdity from TN. So I would not rule out TN legislators trying to out do KY as some point to prove their religiosity.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 02:27PM

Please tell us you are not anywhere near the flash flooding.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 01:18PM

Aliens be like "Jesus who? "

Wait a minute, you earthlings are saying this Jesus guy claims to a creator of worlds without number?

You were all fed a tall tall taoe. We have been to other worlds and Jesus has never been heard of there.

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 02:22PM

I'm past feeling about what religions have to say about salvation of individuals, groups, aliens, planets or what-have-you.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 02:36PM

It works both ways.

If jesus showed up on another planet he would be an alien to everyone there.

Have you ever heard about the miraculous deeds of a jesus from another planet? Well they wouldn't have heard about earth jesus either.

Would you let an alien baptize you if it showed up claiming to be jesus from another planet?

I wouldn't.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 03:36PM

The fact Ken's ministry is a thing says a lot about our society and it isn't good. :\

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 11:04PM

Joseph's "proof" of eternal progression hinged on a verse in John stating the son did nothing he had not seen the father do.

Hence the father was the messiah on his world and each worldgets a messiah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.