Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 03:30PM

I enjoy all of the "I am an ExMormon" videos, but found this one particularly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLGJyXG-UQ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 03:30PM by Flat Lander.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 03:45PM

and the MORmON recommendation is to give it ANOTHER 35 years for it to try to work, and as long as you keep paying your tithing along the way, LDS Inc is OK with that approach.

And if anyone really wanted to be Gay they should work really hard, hard enough to become an LDS GA -where being Gay is OK
because you dont have to talk about your own sexuality because you are so busy trashing lesser gays & getting it on with the elite gays of MORmONISM.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 04:01PM

Oh, he's completely lovely!

Great video, that one. Thanks Flat Lander. :-)

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 04:02PM

The speaker just radiates with the happiness he now feels, now that he is out of the church and free of its soul-killing homophobic dogma!

Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 04:03PM

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 05:19PM

IMO it's frankly impossible to prove that "there is no God". But one thing that can be proved is that if there is a God that he (or she/it) has a sick sense of humor. This reminds me of a song by Depeche Mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGObsLLqwnU

Warning: They're lying when they say they don't want to spread any blasphemous rumors ;) LOL

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 05:24PM

That does not mean that reasonable people are going to believe that there actually is a Pepsi machine on Pluto until their is some empirical evidence that gives a reason to believe the claim.

Perhaps this explain it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmdNOC94USE&feature=player_embedded

Bottom line? It is not up to Atheist to prove there is no God, it is up to the people that claim there is a God to present their evidence, otherwise, the reasonable and rational assumption is that there is no god.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 09, 2011 07:49PM

Great to see you again Flat Lander.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! There is someone in my life who needs to see this.

;o)

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 11:10AM

Wow. Excellent. I totally get it! I have a fabulous partner and life is sooo much better. It took the whole gay thing to get me out of the church and I am much more happy and vibrant. It hasn't been without horrible struggles with all the church stuff in my head, though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.